Didn't Do Much - Tucson, AZ

I had Active FX on my face, neck, and chest about...

I had Active FX on my face, neck, and chest about ten months ago. I'm 45 and hoped for fewer fine lines and less accordion pleating on my lower cheeks.

The procedure was very stressful. It's loud, you wear light-proof contacts on your eyes, and you can smell burning flesh. I was shaking involuntarily by the time it was through, and felt pretty messed up on the ride home. I felt okay after a few hours.

On the pro side, my skin tone is more even and my neck looks less lined. But the rest of my face improved only slightly. My doctor offered to do the procedure again (just the face part)--which I appreciate, especially since my Dr. (who is really very good, in general, and who I like and trust) charges so much. But it wasn't fun to get such mild results after such dramatic wounding (my boyfriend thought/thinks I'm crazy to do it), so I'm not sure if I will.

Skin Spectrum

Totally meticulous and professional; often provides free treatments if the first wasn't satisfactory (by her standards, not just the patient's).

I was thinking about doing the procedure for fine lines. The burning skin smell might be a bit too much for me. Thanks for sharing. For the accodian pleating you described, I highly recomend Sculptra. It restores volume in the face and it worked so well for me. It took 10 years off of my face.

Hi papusa,

Wow, that does sound stressful. I would probably be shaking too. I can see how you feel about not being sure if you should have your face done again or not. Maybe give it a bit more time and see how everything goes. I'm glad you did see some improvement on your neck and chest. Please keep us updated whether you decide to go again or not.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt