Tuberous Breast to Fabulous Breasts

From a young age I knew my breast were different...

From a young age I knew my breast were different and I was uncomfortable showing even my closest girlfriends! My breast looked like snoopy's nose or banana's! I had a condition called tuberous breasts. I wore padded bras until I was 30 when I made the final decision to have my breast augmented and lifted to change my size and shape.

After careful consideration and years of research and picking the perfect doctor for the job I finally had my surgery and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat!!!!

Post Surgery

• Minimal pain and soreness which was easily controlled by my pain medication.
  • Minimal bruising and swelling which were controlled with Arnica Montana and frozen peas.
  • My incisions are around my aerola's, they healed fairly quickly. They are still pink but nothing to complain about.
  • Numbness in my left breast due to the nerves being cut or stretched which is a risk of this surgery. This numbness is almost gone. Just like the doctor said it took time to subside but was no big deal.
  • I am proportionate! I am 5'11" and am now a round, lovely 34 D. I was a small 34 B with large, pointy aerolas.
  • Increased confidence and a new found love for unpadded bras!!!!!!!

I am beyond thrilled with my results and would recommend this procedure to anyone who is unhappy with their current breasts! I feel more confident, clothes look better and I don't have to hide under my padded bras anymore!!!!

Photo Update

I'm going to post my most recent photos. So happy...

I'm going to post my most recent photos. So happy with my results! I have had zero issues and would do this agian in a heartbeat!
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

I loved everything about Dr. Canales and his practice! Every part of my experience was five star and Dr. Canales lived up to my expectation and his resume! I highly recommend Dr. Canales and Plastic Surgery Associates.

Your results are insanely good! Like you look crazy awesome :) thanks for posting photos. So inspirational :)
How many cc's and which projection/style did you get ? I have almost identical measurements to you and tuberous breasts as well.
Hi PinkMarshmallow!
See my response to Sizzie's question above.
Again, the best advice I was given was to make sure your surgeon is board certified and experienced! Especially when it comes to tuberous breasts!!!
What kind of implant did you go with? I also have "tube boob". One doctor I saw recommended saline not under the muscle and one said I could go either way.
Hi syd, I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your story and pictures.. it's very hard to find pictures of tuberous breasts before & after.
Babydoll asked before and I was wondering the same thing, do you have implants over or under the muscle? I'm hopefully having my surgery in couple weeks and I'm still wondering which one would be the best option.. my PS recommended over but I'm still hesitating.
Hi Sizzie! Dr. C recommended silicone gel implants, under the muscle. This worked well for me but I'm not sure if it would be the best choice for you. I'd trust your surgeons opinion as long as he/she is board certified. That was HUGE for me! Dr. C is known for his awesome breast augmentations and I have many friends that with fantastic results. I felt very confident in his abilities.
:) Syd
your doctor did a swell job! The one nipple no longer looks deformed&puffy...Thanks for sharing your story:-)
Thank you Kooberry!
Wow! They really look awesome! I might have to consider doing a consult with your doctor..
Thank you! I'm very happy! :) Let me know if I can help in any way! Dr. C ROCKS!! You'll love him!
Your results look great! I was wondering if you have any more recent updates of your results. I'm having a hard time finding pictures of the circumareolar scar healing after 2 or 3 years. I also have tuberous breasts and am considering different procedures, but the circumareolar scarring is what bothers me the most :\ If you posted any new photos I would be in such debt to you!
Thank you thylacine! I just posted my most recent photos. I have scars but have faded and are hardly noticable. It has definetly been worth it for me! Initially I thought my scars would bother me but I'm so happy with my results and have zero regrets! I hope this helps you with your decision. :) Syd
These photos are my 4 year post procedure photos. :)
The before photos are beautiful to me. Mine are actually extremely tuberous. They look like they belong to an 80 year old woman, on a 20 year old body.
angelteddy, don't be discouraged :). If you are considering surgery to help change your tuberous breast, my best advice is make sure you go to a reputable, board certified plastic surgeon who has done this procedure before!!! I was teased horribly and thought I was stuck with my tuberous breast until I discovered Dr. Canales. He had done the procedure before, was extremely knowledgeable and genuine. He laid out my options in detail and explained the risks very carefully. It is critical to have a surgeon you trust and one who will be there after surgery as well. I understand your pain. I hope this helps and encourages you! Sincerely, Syd
Syd, I too don't think your breasts were that bad in your before pics. Your breasts weren't/aren't widely spaced as mine are. I'd be thrilled if mine look like your before pics. I've had three kids and they're way worse than they were before I had kids. This has been a decision that's weighed on me for a very long time. I agree with what you say. It's a personal decision.
Momma2three, Thank you! I feel my before pictures weren't terrible and that my breasts looked worse in person. When I was cold, they weren't so bad but if I was warm or lost weight it seemed like the pointiness was even more noticable. It's hard because I feel we as women are our own worst critics. It's a very personal decision. I wish you the best of luck! Let me know what you decide! I'd love to help you in any way I can!
I totally agree and didn't mean to generalize. I even tried to say I understand there are many reasons (finding clothes that fit) besides getting approval from men. I was simply saying that there are a lot of men who like the variety and individuality ... and there were some posts here that indicated being bothered because their breasts didn't look the same as others or felt they were unattractive. So ... I totally agree that you should make your own decision for what is best for you. But for anyone who feels they aren't attractive just because their breasts are different from the current norm - I wanted them to know that many men find "different" to be a plus.
Thank you Andy00 for your positive comment!
Okay, to the person who posted before me: I understand what you're trying to do. However, my reasoning for getting implants had nothing to do with men's opinion of my breasts. I got breast implants for myself and I am happy I did. I don't think it's fair for you to generalize. Tuberous breasts come in all different shapes and sizes. Perhaps some are attractive to men and thats great but regardless, plastic surgery should involve the patients opinion only. If you can accept your natural breasts that's great. However if you dislike the way you look and have the means to change it, nothing should stand in your way. It's all about doing what makes you feel good.

Best of luck
Selinakyle45, I agree completely. Best wishes! Syd
For any women with tuberous breasts who are considering surgery. I just want to tell you that many of us men absolutely love your natural look without getting implants. When I look at before/after photos I generally think 9 out of 10 looked much more attractive and sexy before while the after photos all look generic. I have many women friends who have told me that buying clothes was really difficult before they got breast implants - so I can understand the desire to fit in and be more like everyone else. But if I were your boyfriend or husband, I'd be begging you to keep your beautiful and interesting breasts instead of making them look more like the norm.
It's so nice to read a man's opinion on this. I also have tuberous breasts that I've been self-conscious of since puberty. While all my friends were growing full round breasts mine were strange looking with large areolas. To add insult to injury I couldn't breast feed my children because tuberous breasts lack breast tissue to adaquately nourish an infant. I've wanted breast surgery for years. My ex-husband of 20 years made cruel comments to me about my breasts which made me even more self conscious. Although its nice to have a man say it doesn't bother him women tend to be very self conscious of their bodies. Thanks Andy for your nice comment!
Andy00, Thank you for your perspective! My boyfriend was hesitant when we first discussed the idea of surgery. On the other hand, he knew just how much my breast bothered me and that I was doing this for myself and no one else. As a young girl, I knew that someday I would do something to change my breasts. This was before I was teased or ever had a boyfriend. It is nice to have a man who is supportive either way. It's also nice to have a man who loves a woman the way she is. Thank you again for your input. :) Syd
Your results are fantastic! I also have tuberous breasts and am currently (08/2011) looking for a surgeon who can do a great job. I recently posted a question on this forum titled, "Are my breasts tuberous?" All 16 replies so far say yes. I want nice, large, round, pretty, symmetrical breasts :) and am considering 375-400ccs. Thanks so much for sharing pics, they are soooo helpful to us ladies with the similar "deformity."