Repairing the Mommy - Tualatian, OR

I am a 36 year old with 2 boys 8 and 11. Just had...

I am a 36 year old with 2 boys 8 and 11. Just had my Pre-Op appointment yesterday, scheduled for surgery July 17. Getting a TT, BO, and Lipo on outer thighs. Very nervous! Never have had surgery of any kind or been put under. The few times I have had pain meds I have gotten extremely noxious. Having a lot of guilt spending so much money on myself. But I feel like I have been working extremely hard to get my body in the best shape (3 core classes and Zumba twice a week on top of running 13 half marathons and 3 full marathons this past year, so my running miles are endless)! I still have loose skin that will never be the same. I gained a lot of weight during my pregnancies with both children, and elasticity does not run in my family! Hoping for a new revived self!

Pre-op body

Day after Surgury

Surgery went very well. Haven't unwrapped yet. Can't wait for my first pre-appointment to see the results! Have not had much pain, my nurse (husband) has been great on keeping up on my meds. Did a few laps in the house yesterday and it felt good to get up and off my bottom. Ended up choosing 325cc high profile silicone gels.

5 day post op check up

Got the ok to not wear binder around chest, just band when sleeping. Dr. says everything looks great. Got to see the skin that was removed from abdomen, didn't realize it was such a large amount! I have to say the worst part of all this is the back pain. It is very hard to stand for too long. I have found the toilet seat riser, foot pillow wedge and a memory pillow to sit on have been life savors! It makes laying or sitting on the recliner very comfortable.

6 Days Post-op

6 Days Post-Op

Constipation

Well this is a topic that I would never think I would be posting, but I want to save you ladies from the pain I suffered. Yesterday was a hard day. Became very constipated. I was drinking plenty of water and taking 2 docolax a day. It wasn't working for me. Had to call PS and he had me take Magnesium citrate tell I had movement and Metamucil to keep me moving. So girls I would take docolax and magnesium from day 1. You DO NOT WANT TO GET CONSTIPATED! Very painfully.

Drains out today

Today is the day! I will be so happy to have these drains out. It has been hard to keep this large JP consilled under clothing. It tends to pinch when I sit or turn. It will not be missed.

Two Weeks Post Op

One breast still needs to drop. I am enjoying not wearing a bra! lol Still can't stand up strait and have a lot of back pain and low engery. Can't wait to be back to my normal self.

Sneezing

Whatever you do don't sneeze! OUCH!

First time in my swimming suit.

Feel like I am finally am on the upswing. No medication at all. Still a little hunched and the more I do and as the day goes by I tend to give in to the pulling. If I sit for a long period of time and go to stand I have to stretch myself out again. But no more back pain! So happy!

New Pictures

Using gel sheets during the day and mederma at night.
Portland Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Gorin is an amazing plastic surgeon. I have gotten and given many referrals for his work. Answers my e-mail promptly and is very informative. All staff has been amazing!