A Day to Day Diary of my Facelift Recovery - Truro, Cornwall, UK

I'm Peter, and I'm a 65 year-old male I decided to...

I'm Peter, and I'm a 65 year-old male I decided to have a facelift with upper and lower eyelid surgery for two reasons:
1. I didn't like to be treated as if I was old and weak (I do a lot of weights and am very active) and 2. My face looked older than my body, and it depressed me.
While I recover, I've decided to hide from everyone for one month, I've stocked up on food, put the car away, and pretended I've gone away ''to stay with relatives''.

So, today (Wednesday) is the fifth day after surgery, and I will update this 'diary' each day. As one of the doctors on this website said, the swelling has increased for two or three days, and has been reducing for the last two days. The bloated 'moon face' has gone, and I look more recognisable now. The only bruising I've had is confined to the upper and lower eyelids, but I have thick skin and don't bruise easily. My main concern is some wrinkling to the side of the right eye, which looks really strange. I think that may need some corrective surgery later on.
The pain has been minimal - I took some painkillers for a couple of days, but I don't think I really needed them. My eyes are rather dry and sore, and I have 'liquid tears' to put in them occasionaly.
The main problem is I just don't feel very well. It's like having a mild dose of flu, but I suppose the body has had a lot of repair work to do!

Actually, I quite like the way I look at the moment - the slight swelling of the face and neck makes me look like one of the 'heavies' in a gangster film (after he's been in a fight!)

I had assumed the surgeon and nurses would give me lots of instructions on aftercare - washing, antiseptics,etc., but they didn't. I'll phone them and ask for advice.

What are the pros and cons? Well, I think everyone over forty would like to look ten years younger - you get treated differently, and you don't hide away from mirrors! The cons are obviously the price (I've nearly cleaned out all my savings!), the uncertainty of the result, the discomfort, and the upheaval to your life.

Well that's it for today, see you tomorrow.

United Kingdom Plastic Surgeon

He was listed in the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, I liked his website, and he seemed very helpful and courteous. Understandably, I was a bit nervous about taking such a huge step, and saw him again twice, and he seemed to lose patience with me for dithering. Otherwise I would have given a higher rating. I may change these ratings later on depending on how things go over the next couple of months.

Where is the update?
I hope all goes well Peter ,and you have stunning results...it does take a while to get back to normal,and i am surprised that the cost was only $11,000 dollars as usually doctors in the UK are far to expensive for most people. Wishing you a speedy recovery and great results.