Rhinoplasty (Closed) - Troy, MI

I had closed rhinoplasty on May 12, just a little...

I had closed rhinoplasty on May 12, just a little over 2 weeks ago. I was very nervous, even though, I was not having my nose broke. I had my dorsal bone straightened by shaving down the sides, and my tip narrowed.

The surgery was fine, I did throw up on the way home. The first two nights were rough, I did vomit more, poor sleep, but really no pain. Just the discomfort of breathing out of my mouth and dull headache. I returned to work after one week with tape on my nose and a lot of makeup covering my black eyes. The swelling is going down, nose is still stiff and numb in the tip. I know there is a lot of swelling left, but I really love my result.

I went to several plastic surgeons and finally found the one for me. When I say I went to several, I mean about 12 over a three year period. I have always wanted my nose done, but wanted to find the best surgeon since I did not want a revision or to mess up my face. It is important to feel your surgeon is on the same page and that you feel 100% confident in him. Your nose is the center of your face and it is hard to fix. Talent and experience is everything. I investigated my doctor's credentials, and he is the best around. I see a plastic surgeon for botox and asked him about my nose doctor. He said he was the best for noses in the area.

Hi Minnie!

I know it's been almost a year since your rhinoplasty! How are you today? Happy with the results? I am in the consulting phase. Although I have had a few consults over the years. I am from your area and would so appreciate the names of the other surgeons you saw. Ultimately I know you chose Golden. I will be going for a consult with him!
Any info from our local area would be most appreciated.
I would love to see pictures of you before/now!!

Jules44 :)

It sounds like you really did your homework on this! The vomiting does NOT sound like fun, but the result is worth it, right? Thanks so much for sharing here on RealSelf!

Troy Facial Plastic Surgeon