55 Years Old - Troy, MI

My motivation was simple, i wanted to look as...

My motivation was simple, i wanted to look as young in the mirror as i feel i am on the inside. I am married and mother of two children. I had the neck firming procedure done 6 months ago. I purposely waited to submit a review to make sure i was happy after the healing and swelling was compete. Dr. Kelly did my procedure and i really liked him. I did not feel pressured to commit, and he was very patient and answered all my questions. I will say after all the swelling goes away and this does take weeks my jawline probably doesn't look quite as tight, but i still love how i look. I have no more gowles and no turkey neck. As for all of the negative reviews about pain i will say the first 3 or 4 days are no picnic but take your pain meds and rest, i did not find it unbearable. I went back to work on the 8th day, i also included the PRP to my procedure and had no bruising on my face whatsoever. I am not at all sorry, im actually so glad i did this, i continue to be so happy with how i look. No one believes i am as old as i am! I love the change Dr. Kelly gave me and the staff at the Troy location were very nice.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

physician

You have the wrong christopher kelly. The picture is not the same physician and my Dr. Christopher Kelly is from Troy, Michigan office.

Thank you for sharing your experience on RealSelf! I removed the incorrect Dr. Kelly from your review (my apologies), but it doesn't appear that your Dr. Kelly is on the site, so I can't link to him. Folks searching for him should be able to find this review, though. Could you feel anything during your surgery?
Monroe Plastic Surgeon

I had my life style procedure done 6 months ago. I purposely waited because i wanted to make sure I would be happy with it after the healing was complete. Dr. Kelly did my procedure, he was very patient and answered all of my questions, he has a great bedside manner and i never felt pressured in any way to go through with my procedure. I do love the results, in the beginning your neck feels very tight but it is not in anyway unbearable. I did not have any infections or negative side effects. I will say after all the swelling goes away and this does take weeks my jawline does not look as firm as it did at the 6week checkup but i am still very happy, there is a part of me that worries what it will look like a year out, i am hoping it doesn't change any more than it has. I can tell you i have no more gowles, no more turkey neck and virtually no scares around my ears or chin. I would definitely recommend Dr. Kelly and the Troy office for anyone wanting to look younger and feel better when they look in the mirror. As for what i have read in reviews about the excruciating pain, the first 3 to 4 days are no picnic but again not unbearable, just take your pain meds and rest. I went back to work 8 days later, i included the PRP with my procedure and had no bruising whatsoever on my face. Im very happy and honestly love the change Dr. Kelly gave me. From my experience i will tell you i believe you will be very happy you took the leap!