20 Years Old, Mother of Twins, Ready for a New Me - Troy, MI

Hello! I'm a youngin' scheduled to get my...

Hello! I'm a youngin' scheduled to get my procedure done Wednesday, August 20th. After going through heck and back with Star Plastic Surgery (didn't hold my surgery date and tried to push my date back further) I am going with a new surgeon to get the body of my dreams. I know some of you are probably reading this thinking why in the heck is a 20 yr old getting a cosmetic procedure done. Let me start off by saying I NEVER had a nice body. My mom fed me a little too good and by the time I was in 6th grade I was over 160lbs. Prior to my pregnancy I was 195. During I shot up to 234lbs and I am only 5'0. I had my twins in February. Since then I have dropped under my pre-pregnancy weight and stabilized at 183. I have tried everything to lose more weight, but my body just won't let go. So I decided if I am stuck at this weight I'd rather be comfortable in my own body. About 2 weeks ago my husband and I got into an altercation. As he stood over top of me he kept calling me a fat bit*h. I cannot look in the mirror without crying. I feel like I am in my 20s I should enjoy life. I was financed for my surgery and I have my consultation tomorrow with my new surgeon. I will be having an extended tummy tuck, with lipo, breast ilft, and breast augmentation. By the time this is done with, I want to be comfortable with the woman I see in the mirror and wear a bikini for the very first time and above all make my husband stick his foot in his mouth. Wish me luck!

Thank you for starting your story on RealSelf! Congratulations on working off a good chunk of that weight. I know that's not easy. Be gentle with yourself and know that we are here for you. Please keep us updated throughout your journey.
Im sorry you were mistreated. Everyone deserves to respected, no matter what weight or shape their body is. Get it done, hun, it will boost your confidence! Keep us posted:)
Good for you! Do what makes you happy. No one has the right to put you down! Let me know how it goes...I'm 27

Star will be performing my surgery this Monday

I contacted star to see if they could do anything since they already took out $500. They squeezed me in on monday. I will not be having the breast augmentation (I'm a full D) so for now extended tummy tuck, with lipo, and breast lift is the plan. My surgery will be a little over $12,000.

Sweetheart, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks...MI know what, it's like to be 200lbs (not pregnant & I know what it's like to be 130lbs). Being, comfortable in your own skin is important! How old are your twins & do you have someone who can help you take care of them while you recover? I hope that you can make peace with the body u have now & the body you'll have during & after surgery.... I'm glad you're able to share your story & I wish you the best of luck, my thoughts & prayers are with you as you prepare for your procedures!! I look forward to seeing your transformation :)
Best Wishes.
You are beautiful- I'm sorry your husband thinks it is okay to say something like that to a mother who carried his children.  Hang in there-

a bundle of nerves

Today I filled my scripts for Valium, percocet, and stool softener. I am getting so incredibly nervous that I will not like my results :/. I am ready for Monday to be over with. August 31 is my husband and I's anniversary. He has never seen me naked due to me hating my body. I just want to stand in front of him and him eat his words for calling me fat. I want to feel beautiful. Hopefully this will all be worth it.

Prayers and healing thoughts coming your way today! Please let us know how you are doing as soon as you are able!
Thanks everybody for the support, it truly means a lot to me. I'm so happy to have people following me through my journey and encouraging me every step of the way.
You will look Amazing and his jaw will drop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your anniversary will be a nice one to remember. My sister's is the 27th 20 years!!!!!! YIKES! LOL

today is the day

I am scheduled for my surgery at 11:30 today. My husband dropped me off and apologized for everything he has said and done to me. I hope I can feel comfortable with him again. Not worry about how disgusted he is with the dimples, rolls, and crevasses in my body anymore. For some reason I am sad about losing my c-section scar and stretch marks. I feel like it's a memory imprinted on my body that marks the happiest day of my life- that being the birth of my twins. Once again, thanks everyone for the support, I will see you on the other side.

Hope everything turned out okay. Wishing you a smooth and quick recovery. Glad hubby apologized :)
Best wishes it's 11:39a.m. and i'm sure you're done because i'm on Cali time. I wish you well and i am glad your hubby apologized. :)

PAIN!!!

Well I made it. I have a flat belly (weird being abe to look down and see my who ha). My breasts are perky and I have small nipples. Will post pics next update. Thanks everybody for the support!

Congratulations on making it to the flat side! Looking forward to your updates and healing progress.
Happy healing and i look forward to your updates. Best Wishes and a speedy recovery!
Yeah, now is the time to heal & recover! I hope u have help with the twins? Here's to a speedy recovery & a fabulous outcome :) I look forward to seeing your pictures & hearing about you journey!

feeling kinda down :(

I know my body isn't where it is supposed to be yet, but I am very upset with how small my breasts came out :(. I'm hoping that my stomach gets flatter and my. Boobs fill in a bit more :/

It has only been 3 days try NOT to be down on yourself. Give it some time and try to be patient. Swelling is Hell and it takes a lot of time for it to subside. Stay positive. I hope you fel better tomorrow. Hang tight
What size are your breasts implants? It's going to take at least 4 wks for your breast to start decending & fluffing. I'm only 5 wks today & my breasts will continue to change for upto just a little under 5 months. So give yourself time to heal. Your breasts are going to go through many different changes. Hang in there sweetheart :) I hope you're getting enough rest & make sure u eat :) praying u heal & recover well!
I didn't get implanys, just a breast lift

wish the swelling would go down :(

On my back and hips it is extremely swelled and I look mutated :(. I'm still unhappy with how small my breasts are now. So far not happy. Hopefully there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

You are in the hard part now. Take good care of yourself, get enough rest, take your vitamins and medications, eat well and try to relax. You are young and your body will heal very well so you will have the body you want. Congratulations and happy healing! XO ~ SS
I understand how yiu feel. I am almost 4 weeks post op and had severe depression. But, like everyone says, we are a work in progress. Wishing you a good and fast healing!
You'll get there, it takes at least 6 wks to 3 months to see the effects of your TT. Make sure to look at other profiles & it will help u see what you're going to go through.... my thoughts & prayers are with u!! It will be worth it in the end :)

1 week down!

I am happy with my tummy tuck. The areas where I got the lipo is EXTREMELY swollen, painful, and bruised it looks like an abcess coming off from my hips. Can't wait for the swelling to go down. I go in for my check up tomorrow. However I am extremely upset with my breast lift. I was only supposed to have reduction on my right breast, I swear he did both. I was a DDD36. I tried on just a D bra and even that is too big. I am going to talk to him about breast augmentation tomorrow.

Your breasts are usually high, tight and smaller right after the surgery. As healing progresses they will soften, drop some and get larger, I think they call that the "fluffing" effect. Give it a little time, you will heal beautifully! :)
Best wishes at your follow up tomorrow. I hope your breast lift can be revised and a ba helps your outcome. Good Night.
Sweetheart, I'm sorry that you're having such a hard time. I'm so glad u are happy with your TT. Something you need to remember is that you probably had a lot of skin that filled up that bra. Your breast are still up in a very high position, so they aren't going to be able to fill up the same amount of space. Make sure you write down everything you want to discuss, I would make sure to ask him how much tissue they removed? He should have pictures of the tissue he removed or at least the weight. So make sure u ask how much he removed. If you look at your before pics your breast look like they had quite a bit of skin. But you are the one who knows your body. We're you planning on having breast implants after your lift? I'm so sorry you're going through so much I would be frustrated. I'm surrounding you with positive thoughts & prayers :) I hope your appointment goes well & I look forward to hearing what the dr says! Best of luck to you sweetheart :)

My poor boobs :(

I am exchanging my Victoria secret Bras today for a smaller size since I can no longer fit in a DDD let alone D. :( I am so depressed with my breast-lift. I think he botched my right breast. Is there anything that I can do about the massive swelling on my hips from the lipo? It is very painful and looks horrible under clothing.

I just want to add to what I wrote before, this recovery will take months, not weeks. Aftercare is very important to heal properly. Most ladies don't buy any/much clothing until the swelling goes down (1-2 months usually). So don't worry about how it looks at this point, just take good care of yourself :)
You are still very early in your recovery. Healing from such trauma takes a while, usually the healthier you are when you have surgery, the quicker you will recover. That said, for best results, you need to get enough sleep, drink LOTS of water, avoid sodium (salt), and get the type of exercise your doctor recommends. Try not to worry and stress because that takes energy from your body that you need for optimal healing right now. Also, you MUST wear compression garments (and yes they are uncomfortable) for your lipo to give you the best results. Otherwise you won't heal properly and you will have gone through all this without the results you are hoping for. This takes time, lipo can take several months, patience is your friend. One of the most inspiring (and fab results!) lipo stories I've read is here on RS http://www.realself.com/review/lilburn-ga-smart-lipo-40-yr-mother-busy-life Good luck! Take care of yourself, give yourself time to heal, this was traumatic for your body.. XOXO
Arnica Montana will help with inflammation, swelling & bruising. Sweetheart have u had a chance to talk to your Dr yet? How did your post op appointment go? We're you able to find out how much tissue was removed from your breast? I'm thinking of you & praying for you. I hope u can get answers to the questions you have! It really looks like you had a lot of extra skin removed.... hang in there sweetie!

mommy makeover gone wrong?

Not only do I hate the size of my breasts, but what in the heck is going on with my nipple? Not to mention my sides where I had the lipo... UGHHHH. Not happy!!!

How are u doing sweetheart? I have been thinking about u everyday!! I hope your areola & nipple on the right breast looks better? Xoxoxoxo thinking over u love...
Are you wearing your faja?
Hey princess, you have to let your body heal, you put it into trauma one with the beast lift and tummy tuck, you have to heal inside completely it take about 8 months to a year, be patiente, dont compare yoursel with others, give it a coupke of months, when the swelling stop in about 6 months of so, the bigger we are the longer the swell last, hey think hat at the end you will look beautifull, God Bless you honey

AVOID STAR PLASTIC SURGERY LIKE THE BLACK PLAGUE!!!

I have an INFECTION in my right breast my sutures have popped open. I am leaking yellow discharge and blood. I am so incredibly upset right now and scared. I had 3 drs. Tell me that my breast is infected and the Ps is denying it. Anyone in michigan please avoid star plastic surgery and dr. Reisin

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

more photos

Sorry I know th see are gross

Prayers up, you will be fine, keep it dry and cover, God Bless you honey
You have been in my prayers. Please tell me you have found a doctor to help you with the infection? I'm very concerned.
He's denying there's an infection really? We aren't doctor's and can see the infection. I'm so sorry about this sweetie I hope you get that dream body. And I hope your husband never talks to you like that again. Or your marriage is gonna go down hill :( I'm also 20 3 kids and married since I was 16. We might have things in common. Let me know if you wana talk. good luck.
Dr. Ruthie Mccrary