Active FX with Spot Dermabrasion....done Yesterday - Troy MI

I had Active FX laser with spot dermabrasion done...

I had Active FX laser with spot dermabrasion done yesterday for acne scars. My main problem was my cheeks and that is where he started with the dermabrasion, then active fx over the full face. I had the numbing cream, the shots, then the procedure began. The dermabrasion was nothing, I could not feel a thing. When the active fx started, it was ocmpletely painless on the forehead, but when it got to the rest of my face, it became more painful. Nothing too serious, but a couple of times I wanted to jump out of my chair. You can handle it. I just want great results. I spent the first day and night reapplying the aquaphor and applying ice. I have to say the ride home from the doctor's office was the worst part. My face was on fire...and I mean on fire.....I was shaking, and had my face right in front of the air conditioner vent, if I sat back for one second....I was in severe pain and had to jump right back up to the vent. I kept my face in front of a fan at home until I fell asleep for a few hours, when I woke up the fire was out lol. Today is day two: I woke up and my face is swollen, I slept on pillows all night, but its swollen, maybe not as bad as it would have been if I slept flat. I face is weeping from the dermabrasion areas...yellow mixed with aquaphor....hmmm. Going to take a shower, do the vinegar soaks and reapply the aquaphor. If anyone is reading this and wants me to keep undating, let me know. Not sure if this site stays active.

Sterling Heights Plastic Surgeon

Experienced, comforting, and friendly

Hi I really appreciate your insite about this procedure. I have been considering it but still have hesitations. I would love to see pictures. Thank yuo very much. M
I am sure everyone is heals at different rates, My face started peeling on the fourth day and it was done by the fifth. I was ocncerned when I heard people peelig before me, so just be patient, your skin is going to be amazing :)
Thanks for making me feel better !!! I really appreciate it.
I am taking pictures daily, so yes I will post soon. Today is day three, and I still haven't started peeling, I have one little milia above my lip, probably from the aquaphor. I have been washing my face four times a day with the special cleanser from my doctor. Then reapplying the aquaphor. Twice a day I do the water/vinegar soaks. I am getting anxious for results, but I know I can't. No itching, no peeling, just looks red and dark brown. The areas that were dermabrased look raw, but I keep waiting for the repair to start. I had a large chicken pox scar on my cheek and I can still see it, although I know that it hasnt even begun to heal. Its only been 2 days, so what can I expect. Will keep everyone posted.

Hi Minnie,

Thanks for the update! Yes pictures would be awesome and the fact that you documented everyday with pictures is extra awesome. Please keep us updated.

Thanks,

-Britt

I had deep fx done before 5 days , My didn't starts to peel yet , and it seems to scratch alot even though I don't touch my face at all , is it normal to have more than 5 days for the skin to flake off? and is it normal to experience redness in the skin?

Hi Minnie,

Yes the site does stay very active and yes we would love you to continue to update how everything is. Having your face feel like it is on fire is pretty common form what others on the site have said. Please keep us updated and thanks for posting. When everything is better do you think you would feel comfortable posting pictures.  :)

-Britt