So Happy - Never Looking Back! - Towson, MD

I went to Dr. Capone in early 2010 to discuss...

I went to Dr. Capone in early 2010 to discuss Rhinoplasty. I had trouble breathing and was unhappy with the appearance of my nose. At the time of surgery, I had a Chin Implant also, which Dr. Capone had recommended as a compliment to the Rhinoplasty. I am so happy with the results! Worth every penny that was spent!
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Capone is a true perfectionist. He takes into account every detail and makes sure you are in the loop every step of the way! His bedside manner is unparalleled. He ensures that every patient understands the procedure(s), answers questions thoroughly and makes you feel like you are a #1 Priority. He is skilled and truly an expert in his field! I have recommended him to family and friends - some of whom have already had procedures done and received the same care I did!

Thanks so much for offering your opinion on your doctor.
With more detail about your procedure and recovery and maybe even before & after photos - our team can add your story to the rhinoplasty community.
When my Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant procedure were performed in 2010, Dr. Capone spent a significant amount of time taking before photos and analyzing the procedure and managing my expectations for results. He assured me that the change would look natural – while my nose would be smaller and more feminine in appearance and my chin more defined – my family, co-workers and peers would not be able to tell immediately that I had undergone this elective surgery. Dr. Capone was able to show me the desired results that I should expect post-surgery on a computer screen before my surgery date. On the date of my surgery, I felt more than prepared to undergo the procedures as Dr. Capone and his team and prepped me and instructed me on what to purchase for my recovery needs. Minutes before the Aesthetician arrived to put me under for the surgery, Dr. Capone came back to the prep-room to reassure me one last time. Upon waking up, Dr. Capone was still at the surgery center and he filled me on how the procedure had gone and that I would be pleased with the results based on our discussions. I went home to rest and he checked in later that evening to make sure I was comfortable. For about a week, I rested. It’s important to have a trusted caregiver around to make sure that you eat, drink, take your medicine and clean the surgical area as instructed. I had fully anticipated being bruised and swollen after the surgery, so I limited my exposure publicly. About a week later, the cast and bandages were removed and I was able to see my face for the first time after surgery. Although it was very swollen still – I could see results! In upcoming months, I kept my regular visits with Dr. Capone and even received a steroid shot to help with swelling. Dr. Capone and his staff demonstrated post-surgical care and exercises that are extremely important to making a full recovery. Recovery from the chin implant was immediate and the results were astonishing. This was a low-cost procedure that added impressive results! With minimal pain and bruising, it is not surprising that many consider this procedure a perfect complement to Rhinoplasty. Although I was happy with the progress I had made, in April 2013, I elected to undergo a second procedure – Rhinoplasty revision. Revision does not mean that anything went wrong with the initial surgery. In fact, I recalled that Dr. Capone and I had discussed the possibility of a second surgery even before I had committed to the first one. Revision is more of a tweaking. Even after making a full recovery, fine details still had room for slight improvements. Dr. Capone was willing and felt confident that he could make these improvements to make me even happier with my procedure – at no cost to me! The second recovery went smoother than the first and I was back to work within a week (with bandages) and post-bandage felt the swelling go down much sooner. Rhinoplasty is a surgery that requires extreme attention to detail. Dr. Capone has mastered this skill. I could not trust anyone more than Dr. Capone performing surgery on my face. I wish I had photos from right before the surgery to compare to the final results immediately after - but with the swelling and longer recovery time, I don't know if I took any photos in between the initial surgery and the revision. If someone is considering Rhinoplasty, I would reccommend that they look at before and after photos from their surgeon, but realize that there is a huge difference between the 1month post op, 3months post op and 1 year post op. If they only are seeing the 1 year post op, then they may be disappointed when their 1 month photos don't look as they expected them to. Patience is crucial. If you are unhappy with your nose, or have trouble breathing, there is a solution. Do not be afraid to undergo Rhinoplasty. When I said I had no regrets, I was being 100% honest.
Thank you for adding the extra information about your procedure! How long was it after surgery until you were back to your normal routine?
For my first procedure, I was down for approx. 10 days. I had the procedure done on a Friday and rested that weekend, through the next week. I had the sutures and cast removed the next Monday and then returned to work that afternoon. That was when I had my Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant by Dr. Capone. For the revision, the cast stayed on for just a week - but I was up and moving around and able to do some work from home and run basic errands after just a few days. Resting after Rhinoplasty is important, I let my body tell me what I was able to accomplish and did not try to over exert myself and delay my healing process.
Thank you for this thoughtful and complimentary review! We are thrilled you are happy with your results and with your overall experience with my practice, The Baltimore Center for Plastic Surgery. In reading your review, I realize it should be the goal of every plastic surgeon to provide each patient with the experience you describe. Enjoy your new look and feel free to come back and visit anytime. And sincere thanks for spreading the word! -Dr. Capone