Totally WORTH IT!

I went with a girlfriend and we both are so happy...

I went with a girlfriend and we both are so happy with our doctor and results. Here is my experience:

My friend initially said she was going to do this, and I said "NO!!!! Don't do it!" I was apprehensive as year ago, I had gone to a well-respected San Diego plastic surgeon for a lip injection, which took him 10 minutes and cost me $500, only for the upper lip. He shot me with Novocain, first, and I walked out with a huge duck lip....but worse, the shots caused my upper lip to bruise in a very dark circular pattern just above the lip. I looked like a little Hitler Duck. No amount of makeup will cover a bruise like this. For two weeks, I walked around with my friends giving me the hail Hitler sign. I laughed about it and joked with them, which is the only way to deal with such a situation. (By the way, you may as well be honest with your friends before you do something like this...they may be the support you need if something goes wrong, and there's no point in trying to ignore the elephant in the room, afterwards) Anyway, after two weeks, the injection bubbled at the bottom of my lip, and went away. I never experienced the "pretty part" of the injection. My doctor offered to do it for me again for free, but I declined, as the first experience was so bad I wouldn't even do it for free.

(Now I get to my point). So, several weeks ago, I joined one of my friends as she went to the {edited, registered users see provider name above} in Mission Valley. I tried to beg her out of it, but she didn't listen. The doctor (not a plastic surgeon, but a doctor, nonetheless) allowed me to stay in the room as she had her injections. He charges only $379 per tube, and if you don't use it all, you can come back and use it later!!! He used a topical cream to numb the lips, as opposed to shoving a syringe of Novocain into her lip. He spend an HOUR perfecting her lips! A whole HOUR....mind you, the expensive and well-known plastic surgeon I used has spent 10 minutes, and botched the job!

Her lips were perfection! She and I asked tons of questions of the doctor, as we had researched the Internet and seen the comments on this page. We asked him if he'd ever inject someone's eye baggage, and he said NEVER! Not even for all the money he could collect....he knows it is such a sensitive area that serious bruising is almost impossible to avoid. She offered to pay for another syringe and have him shoot it in the deep crease between her eyebrows and he said "NO!".

The experience was so wonderful for her that I made an appointment for the following week. I had him do my lips (he spent an HOUR on them). They looked so wonderful that my work friends didn't know I had it done several days later until I told them....then, on closer examination, they couldn't believe how great my lips looked. Because I can't take time off of work, I was very nervous. I only had him to 3/4 of the syringe. The following week, I went in for a "touch up" using the rest of the syringe, and my girlfriend made an appointment for that same day to increase her lips, as well.

We liked that, while it would cost him another appointment, he didn't pressure us into shooting the whole syringe the first time. I appreciated that he spent so long working on us, when my plastic surgeon wouldn't spare more than 10 minutes, as he had an assembly line going that day.

My friend didn't want me to tell you where we got the procedure done, because we don't want to have him booked months in advance, and not be able to get in anymore. But he's such a great doctor (works in the same place with his wife, who does whitens teeth) that I want him to have success for being so honest, caring and fair! I highly recommend him, and you can write to me if you want more information.

Unlike some people who post on blogs, I am not being paid to write this, and I will make no money off my recommendation. I am just someone who has experienced both the bad and the exceptionally great, and wanted to let you know how happy I am with the right doctor.

Trying again to upload photos.  Here are the...

Trying again to upload photos.  Here are the before pics, and immediately after.  You can see some redness in the after, but only because I was still in the chair.  The redness goes away after 10 minutes, and a little makeup applied.

Dr. Verma, Revive Salon in Mission Valley

There perfect ;)

BEFORE pic looks lot better lips

Well, here I am several years later, and I still go to Dr. V, and I still walk out looking fantastic! I feel fortunate that I found someone who is truly good at making my lips larger, and wrinkles smaller. Yahoo!
Had new Juvederm and splurged on botox last week...this guy is an artist. I look fantastic.
Here is my email :) {edited contact information} Editor note To contact this user privately click on their username.
Did you ever get the name and number of our doctor? Dr. Vishal Verma, at Revive Salon and spa...619-293-7233
P.S. I forgot to mention that this time I had the NL folds done. WHAT A HUGE DIFFERENCE!!! No bruising, by the way....none at all!
Hey, let me get in on this conversation! We girls just had our lips done again yesterday, and they look SOOO good. I just went out with a guy friend, and he said I looked like I did something, but he couldn't figure out what it was....he thought I looked really well-rested, and Ladoo looks terrific! We brought another friend with us this time to let her see what he does. After my nightmare experience with the Plastic Surgeon, I couldn't be happier about discovering Dr. V. (Okay, Ladoo gets credit for that)
He always does the vermillion border on me...then fills the body of the lips to even things out. I never look "ducky" thank God. My girlfriend Chris does the same thing.
It sounds like I had a similar experience my first time--lumpy and gone in 2 weeks. I may have to give Dr. V a try. Do you have restylane done with your plastic surgeon the first time? Mine was with restylane, so it's possible that juvederm is just a better product. I also noticed on the website that this med spa charges $450/syringe, not $379. Did he raise his prices? Thanks for the recommendation!
When you make the appointment tell them you saw his ad in the Reader. I am going back for more lips on Friday...Can't wait!!! I know my girlfriend had Restylane done the first time, and she said it was hideous...lumpy then disappeared. I started with Juvederm, and have been thrilled with it. I had some smokers lines filled in September or October of last year, and they are just now coming back. Let me know if you go...and how it comes out! I love Dr. V.
Thanks for all the info! Do you have before and after pics? I think I would like the vermilion border injected as well, some docs recommend it, and some don't. What are your thoughts?
Oh, I will have him do before and afters tomorrow...and I will post them for you, so you can see how good he is. I think Chris posted some of hers in this thread...so go back and see if they are there.
Wow! That would be soooo incredible if you were able to do before and after shots :D Thanks!!! I wasn't able to find your friend Chris's photos.
I keep trying to upload our photos, but I'm not seeing them show up!
I am the aforementioned "friend"...and she is right. This guy rocks and I look great. Just had my lips re-plumped while she was getting plumped and poisoned...and we both look great. This guy is the best. I was scared to death but determined to get it done, and I swear he took 10 years off my face just fixing the line around my lips, and giving them a nice plumping. He is nice, he takes his time, and he wants you to like what you see...so when he hands you the mirror TELL him what you think, and if you need a little more here...or there, he happily complies. I will never go anywhere else.

Hi Everyone.....Everybody keeps writing to me to ask for the name of the Doctor.....{edited}. I went again today to do both Juvederm AND BOTOX.....I'm so happy with him. I can't believe I paid my plastic surgeon $335 to Botox the crows feet under my eyes, and He charged less than $200 for the same amount of Botox. Not only that, but I re-did my Juvederm, and again, I'm so happy with the results! My friend went with me again today to do her lips, and they looked WONDERFUL....we went for cocktails after our spa-day, because that's just how unnoticeable it was after our appointment! I'm realizing now, more than ever, that it's all about the doctor! Again, I'm not being paid to post this, people....I just want everyone to have the same good experience that I had!

Moderator note: Provider information appears above the review. You must be signed into RealSelf to view, which requires free registration for an account.

Hi Cris, are you still going with this doctor? One favor, Im logged in and cant see the name of the doc for some reason, could you give it to me please? Thanks honey :)
Did you ever get the name of Chris' and my doc? It's Dr. Vishal Verma, Revive salon and spa off of Friars. 619-293-7233
I would like to get the nl lines taken care of. What is the down time for this
no down time at all!
I'd like the name of that doc please.
you must join RealSelf so you can be contacted privately with doctor recommendations and feedback. This requires free registration for an account. When registering you must opt-in to receiving private contacts (a check box).