Sculptra is Permanent on Me After 7 Years in Cheek Area - Torrance, CA

My feelings about Sculptra are very mixed. I got...

My feelings about Sculptra are very mixed. I got it done in 2006 for the first time, to fill out my cheeks which at age 39 were starting to get flat and droopy just below my eye sockets. I also had acne scarring and the Sculptra immediately plumped the cheeks and made the scarring practically disappear.

Then, I returned 4 more times to my dermatologist over the course of 5 months to repeat the process spaced about 5 wks apart as the Sculptra appeared to go down and subside. HOWEVER, after all of this, I noticed that my face seemed to permanently stay full in this cheek area and never changed after that. The cheeks stayed big and in fact it seemed to me they became even bigger.

I have no idea why this would happen. They did not swell. I did gain about 10lbs so I figured this had something to do with it, but I have lost the weight and my cheeks stayed large. Now, I do not have a deflated look to my cheeks and am going to be 47 this year, however I wish they were not SO big. I have lost all definition to my cheekbone area and just look like I have a big face.

I recently went to visit a famous Beverly Hills plastic surgeon as I think it is time to have some work done (browlift), but all he could talk about was how big my cheeks were and that since I had Sculptra injected in them, my cheeks looked too big but that he could not do anything to minimize that.