58, Lower Face and Neck Lift - Torrance, CA

I was looking like my 82-year old aunt. (a bit of...

I was looking like my 82-year old aunt. (a bit of an exaggeration, but the resemblance was uncanny!) Even my mother (83) noticed the resemblance. I wanted to have a more youthful appearance. I interviewed four surgeons. Each was a one-hour consultation. I asked a lot of questions of each and I got some very good information.

Prior to interviewing, I had watched videos of real facelift procedures (not for the squeamish) as well as animated surgical procedures. I knew how it was done. I asked many questions and received much detail. I liked all of the surgeons. I went with Dr. Bray, Jr. because he had done my eyelids 6 years ago and I was so impressed with him and his work. I actually asked for a second consultation and he graciously accommodated me. It was after that that I decided, without question, that I would be going to Dr. Bray, Jr. He offered me the details I craved, and he is, I think, a bit on the conservative side (which I love) so nothing ever looks "done". Just look at the before-and-after pictures of his patients! Absolutely amazing. Not "done" faces; just more youthful faces. Exactly what I wanted. --- This was true, as well, with his "nose job" patients. They all looked like they had normal noses. Not the "done" noses I've seen so many times. ---

2 weeks after my surgery date, I sit here a very happy woman. I was never one bit afraid, never one bit nervous prior to surgery. I had the utmost confidence in Dr. Bray, Jr. And I was not disappointed.... again.

This doctor is just a "real" guy. Not pretentious. Not arrogant. He's wonderful. And such a master of his game.

a few weeks later...

Now it is about 7 weeks post-op. I had a large party where my family saw me for the first time. No one expressed surprise. The ones who knew about my facelift just smiled at me. Those who didn't did not comment one way or the other. My aunt told me via phone the next day that she had forgotten about it, but didn't notice one way or another. She said I looked great.
Now you may think that looking no different is NOT a good thing, but that is exactly what I wanted people to notice: nothing. I just look like a younger me without looking "done". Dr. Bray, Jr. is a master at his game!

I even saw my family doctor. I saw her for the pre-op appointment (EKG, blood work, etc. that's required prior to any surgery) and she was very curious to see the results. When she came into the examination room, she said, "Hi! Did you have the surgery?" I could not have been happier!!!!!!

Dr. Bray Jr is EXCELLENT!
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

Dr Bray, Jr. is a triple-board certified plastic/reconstructive surgeon. Find THAT somewhere else! I first used Dr. Bray 6 years ago for an eyelid procedure. He was a master. At that time, about 4 weeks after my eyelid surgery, I went to Thanksgiving with the entire family. Those who noticed something different said that I looked "really good"; one asked if I was using a new moisturizer (!), but nobody knew what I had done. THAT is how masterful Dr. Bray, Jr. is. I had my facelift/necklift 2 weeks ago. If I were working, I could have returned to work in two weeks. That is, the swelling/bruising was good enough toreturn to work without feeling ill at ease. Amazing! And there was no pain. None. Today I wore makeup for the first time and I was so pleased! He took the years off of my face, gave me a more youthful look, with nothing else amiss. What a wonderful surgeon he is! He (and his staff) also gave me explicit instructions for pre-op and post-of care. There were no questions left unanswered. I felt completely at ease prior to surgery. I saw him one day after the procedure. I saw him one week after. I saw him two weeks after. I will see him again four weeks after. Post-operative, I had to call him on a weekend evening with a question/concern. The exchange took my call and he was calling me back within 10 minutes. I think I interrupted his dinner. But he was very kind and informative. How much better can you get?????? One last thing. His fees were some of the lowest I was quoted by all the doctors. But even if he weren't, I would've chosen him. PLEASE: do your homework.

I'm glad you did your homework and ended up pleased with your results! Were there any recovery supplies that especially helped you as you healed?
Yes. The doctor recommended a product called Bio Corneum+. This is put on the incision line to keep the scarring to a minimum. I use it for about 3 (or 4?) months. But, really, the incision lines (the "scars") are in places where no one would ever see them. I have only one tiny one on my cheek that is of any concern. But I continue to use it on every line. There is really no other thing in the way of "supplies" that are necessary. The head wrap that you wear out of the office on the day-after appointment is used (by me) every night. Even now. I dont' have to, but he said if I could, it would be good. So I do. Nothing else I had to buy. Oh, wait. . . There are a few supplements that he recommended that reduce bruising. You can buy them at Sprouts market, in fact. Nothing else.