Thinking About a Tummy Tuck! Advice, Please! - Toronto, ON

I'm in my 20s and last year had a series of...

I'm in my 20s and last year had a series of bad luck. I have burns on my stomach and my tummy got really big from medication that I was taking.

Right now I have a big scar from my burn and my tummy is still large and has stretch marks on it! I look like I had a baby!

I want the tummy tuck to:
-have a flat stomach for the first time in my life
-get rid of my scar
-get rid of my stretch marks

I'm not sure if it's worth it. I've never had kids and I know my stomach will look bad again after children, but I'm also not planning to have children anytime soon.

I'm not sure if the tummy tuck is worth the time. It takes so long to recover and my main concern is the recovery period. I'm so young and I feel like the months spent in bed is a long time to waste.

But I really want to do it.

I'm conflicted.
Any advice?

Get it done!
Personally I wouldn't have done this before kids, but if it's worth it to have a nice flat tummy and then possibly lose it w/ kids, the good news is that your recovery should be quick. I'm twice as old as you and had lipo and muscle repair and was out and about 6 days post op. I moved slowly and I still feel tight 4 weeks post, but it's really not that bad. Remember that you WILL have a big scar even if you can get rid of the other marks you don't like. It will take at least a year but probably longer to fade. Talking to a PS is the best advice from Scared mum. let us know what you decide!
Hey Stardust. I can see how this is such a hard decision for you. I don't think you will be spending months in bed after a TT. I think you should see a PS and see if you need any muscle repair. Usually if you havnt had children then you won't be needing this aspect of the operation. It will virtually be a skin only removal. As I said go and see a surgeon and I'm sure he will give you all the information you need then you can make a decision once you have all of the facts. Its hard to decide what to do when you haven't got all the information. Keep us updated on how you go.
If u Ever plan to have children I would wait...