Painless and healing well - Toronto, ON

Hello all, on March 27, 2012 I had rhinoplasty...

Hello all, on March 27, 2012 I had rhinoplasty surgery with Dr. Oakley Smith. Today is the 1 week mark since my surgery as well was my 2nd post op appointment with Dr. Smith which he removed my cast/splints so far I am very pleased with my results although its just been 1 week!. My nose has always been an issue for me and I am very happy with my decision to go with this doctor. I surprisingly had very little pain, well no pain at all! I was very pleased how well I have healed, minimal brusing, swelling and pain!

I was ready to do it! And had the utmost...

I was ready to do it! And had the utmost confidence in Dr. Oakley Smith

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

The main reason why my surgery went so well and why I am continuing to heal beautifully is because this doctor really takes pride in what he does and cares for his patients. I would highly recommend this doctor without hesitation! I did a lot of research before choosing dr. Smith and even went to 2 other consultations, the other dr's (solomon/rival) demeanor and personality could not compare to Dr. Smith. He is truly amazing at what he does! Regards, Renee.

Looks great !!
Thanks for sharing your review. Your nose looks great! Do you have any updated pictures? Are you still happy with the results? I noticed you said you had a consult with Dr. Solomon. I went to Dr. Solomon 3 times from 2007-2011 and have had nothing but problems. I am looking into Dr. Smith to work on my nose in hopes he can fix it. I have pictures on my review if you want to have a look.
Hi! Can you post some updated pics? How did your nose heal? Would love to get an update. I hope you are happy with the end result a year later.
hello Renee , don't forget us!! we want to know how you feel with your new nose and please send more pictures.bye
Hi, how are you doing at almost 1 month post op?
Hello, how are you?? can we see more pictures of your nose?? how is the swelling?? are you still happy??
Hey swelling has gone down but not that much still feels weird to scrunch my nose cause its swollen. But I can def notice that the swelling has gone down a bit though!
Hey! How is the swelling now at the 2 week mark? Has it gone down a lot?
you look great!! Healing so nicely :)
Thank you I will def post more as the healing progresses

You look lovely! Thanks for sharing your photos.

i'm so happy for you!! Can't wait to see him for my consultation in august for a revision.
Good luck with the recovery.
Thanks a lot! Your pictures are amazing as well! I know I was expecting much more pain but I'm glad that I am healing the way I am! I know what you mean when you say you would do it all over again I totally agree that it was worth it!

He broke my nose, shaved my hump and minimal tip work. Yes, I did have splints once I took them out I was so happy to breath again! Lol!

Did you notice a lot of changes after the months went by? Becasue I know I am still swollen so I just hope I will start to see more results as time goes by.
Wow your pictures look great! It's funny how different people are - I had lots of bruising and swelling but I am sensitive and I had a lot of stuff done (deviated septum, broken bones, tip work, hump removal, narrowing of bones and cartilage). My nose was a mess before surgery! I'd do it all again if I had to - meaning that it was definitely worth it!

Do you know exactly what you had done? Did you have stents in your nose? Not sure if thats only for deviated septums or not!
Yes I too am very healthy and followed the same rules I think that's the reason for my great healing! Good luck and I wish you the very best! It will all be worth it in the end!
Thank you!! Yes, you're right the bump was minimal but like you it really bothered me glad to hear you and I think alike lol!

I know I too was surprised how minimal the bruising was! and yes I had an OPEN procedure which I expected much more bruising. Overall though I am a person who heals quickly everyone heals differently I am just lucky lol!
Well I'm a fit vegetarian and I've been following all the pre-op rules, so hopefully my recovery will go as smoothly as yours! One week from today!
You look great! I also have a very subtle hump like you did. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't like that. :)

Your bruising is so minimal - did you have an open or closed procedure?
Oh yes he is truly amazing! And many of the possitive comments I read on him made my decision even easier! I do recall seeing your photos on his website he did an amazing job!
Hello,

I'm happy to hear your positive experience! Dr. Smith is a wonderful and talented surgeon. I agree with all of your positive comments! I had my surgery with him in August of 2011.
Hello, considering its just been a week I'd rather wait till later on in my recovery to post before and afters. I will definetly do so!

I'm glad this has been a positive experience for you! We'd love to see our before and after photos.