Tummy Tuck and Dog Ear Procedures - Toronto, ON

I could not regret more the decision I made in Jan...

I could not regret more the decision I made in Jan 2010 to undergo a tummy tuck. I t has ruined my life and I am still dealing with issues that arose from my initial surgery. After my tummy tuck I had dog ears on both sides and had to have them removed. After this surgery I ended up with another Dog Ear, which to me its ridiculous. How can someone undergo a procedure to remove Dog Ears and need up with another one?

I am now looking for another surgeon to help me with my existent Dog Ear. It's been a tremendous challenge and I am no longer who I once was. I have resigned from my job, I am extremely lost about my entire existence due to feeling like a abnormal person with a deformity.

My looks are my priority and I was never 400lbs and never had a lot of loose skin. I just wanted to improve and now I can even take my shirt off in public. Make sure you speak to patients before you select your surgeon. I just heard good things about mine and right after I developed Dog Ears, I heard that many patients of my doctor were very dissatisfied with they results as well.

Dr. Haim Erel

My Dr. was not able to deliver the results he once promised. He is a very polite man, his staff is great, but in the end I care for the results. After all, I paid a lot of money and of course they will be smiling at you, but we go to a Plastic Surgeon for results, not for smiles.

I also ran across this male tummy tuck scar revision post that may be helpful

Serpaman - thank you for sharing your experience.  There is quite a bit of information on RealSelf about dog ears, such as How to Correct Dog Ears After Tummy Tuck and this post about tummy tuck related dog ears.  You're not alone on this post-op concern, and I encourage you to reach out to these users for feedback.