Laser Hair Removal - Toronto, ON

0% hair removed after 3 sessions, and 0% stretch...

0% hair removed after 3 sessions, and 0% stretch mark scar reduction.

Both the hair removal and the scar reduction did not show any results. I had arms, shoulders and eye brows done.

I have a few large stretch marks that I thought I could get the pigment and texture reduced, but noticed no difference after 3 treatments.

The clinic acts professional, but no point in going if treats don't work. So far reading reviews, I am lucky I didn't get any adverse side effects, just no results.

Nancy at Q Esthetics

Oh I asked for a refund, and all they could say was, "Why would people come here if it didn't work?". All I wanted to say was why do they come here. The real answer is it only works for 40-50% of people. Also I have very white skin with black hair, it should have worked like a dream.
What laser were they using at this place? And can you give the name of the place? I'm interested in getting this done myself and I want to know what laser and what place to stay away from. (In Toronto as well).
Q Esthetics at Bay Street atrium.

They use the Palomar Starlux 500, which is both laser and IPL.

I chose them, because on Google they come as the #1 result, and had the best price. Logically I thought a place with two offices in high traffic areas would be a safe bet. Wrong.

There are quite a few reviews of it not working at all. Even on this forum. Check {edited} tons of bad reviews of Laser Hair Removal not working and stories of trying Electrolysis as an alternative.

The most frequent occurring story is, patient tried 6-8 sessions, with 0% result with even more hair growth in 3-6 months due to shaving the areas for prep.

{by Britt please pm user for more info}

I had 8 more sessions, and 0% hair removed. Either Laser Hair Removal is a scam, or it only works for 40% of the population.

Wow, I've never heard of it not working at all. Have you gone back and asked your doctor what's up?

-Britt

Hi Toronto,

I'm sorry you are not happy with your results. I have heard from other community members that complete hair removal takes a number of sessions, I'm not sure if you would have results with just one. Did you go back and ask your doctor? Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt