Problems with Fraxel - Toronto, ON

Two series of treatments for mild acne scars, it...

Two series of treatments for mild acne scars, it hurt much more than it was supposed to. I applied the freezing gel first but the pain was still almost unbearable. The technician kept saying others patients don't express so much pain. My skin flared after. I debated not going for my second Fraxel session due to such a bad reaction but was encouraged by the technician to try another $900 session as "sometimes it takes more than 1 treatment to work". Then my skin flared even more after that.

Every day since then I have had painful lesions on my face that take over 2 weeks to heal, and even then don't fully heal and rupture into another lesion over time. The lesions start off as what looks like a clogged/blocked pore, then become deep, painful, weeping lesions. I have tried treating them with topical antibiotics, benzyl peroxide, salicylic acid, tea tree oil, sulfur, antifungal creams, anti viral creams, rosacea creams...nothing helps. Areas affected leave hypo-pigmentation scars.

My dermatologist on last visit had me in tears as I've gone for appointment after apppointment without relief... said there was no way it could be Fraxel and asked me if I've ever tried concealer. My doctor said Fraxel was well studied before being approved and dismissed the chance of aftermarket release incidents. Also discounted information of such incidents on the internet, despite being linked under "Fraxel doctors" in this web sites "Find a Doctor".

Generally a nice doctor but didn't believe me and not interested in helping me at that point