Excited to Say Bye Bye Boobies :) - Toronto, ON

Hello everyone, I am 25 5'0 and weigh about 180 (...

Hello everyone, I am 25 5'0 and weigh about 180 ( very curvy ) I have my surgery coming up and I have been doing alot of reading on here about everyone's experience. I currently am a 38G and going down to a D cup.. I just want to know what is normal to be experiencing after surgery. The surgery is being covered by OHIP.

Toronto Plastic Surgeon

It's been while since I posted not update. I'm doing really well and healing fantastic. Dr Jugenburg has been really great with me and his staff is amazing. Kim gave me her personal cell phone number and told me if I had any problems or questions at anytime to call her. Nora and Sarah respond to my emails really quick. Dr Jugenburg is the best doctor.
My daughter had a procedure done by Dr. Martin and does not have anything positive to say about her experience. She has cried to me a few times because of his unprofessionalism and uncaring attitude. She feels helpless and is seeking another surgeon's advice because this surgeon does not care about his existing patients. Only focuses on luring new ones. Wish you all the best.
I have been reading and looking at pictures that have been posted. I only have a vertical incision, I don't have an incision under my breast.
I think it is intriguing how differently the doctors do things. My doctor preferred the anchor technique, but I know others who swear by the lollipop incision like yours. I think whatever the doctor is most comfortable with is the right technique. Good luck with your healing! Take it easy and get plenty of rest!
It's been 6 days since surgery.. The first few days I wasn't too mobile but it seems as everyday I can do a little more . The bandages are uncomfortable. I'm like a baby when it comes to pain, so needless to say i cried alot..I go tomorrow to get my staples out and my bandages off. I'll be happy after tomorrow.

Welcome Jess! Many people find that the recovery isn't nearly as bad as they were expecting. Yes...you will be uncomfortable for a couple of days. But for me the pain wasn't intense at all and was very manageable. I used the narcotics mainly to help me sleep at night and Tylenol covered me during the day. You will need to give your body time to heal and rest after surgery. Don't expect too much out of yourself. Don't anticipate loving your new boobs right away. Many of the ladies have found that they think their breasts are way too small after surgery. It takes the brain a little while to process the change in your size. You really aren't as little as you initially think...they are just so much smaller than they were. Don't be afraid to join in to some of the discussions. The girls are so good at being supportive and answering any questions you may have. Good luck!