Love Dr. Wong....she Always Makes Me Feel Very Comfortable! -Toronto, ON

I was referred to Dr. Wong in the summer of 2012...

I was referred to Dr. Wong in the summer of 2012 by Dr. Nandagopal who did my tt. About 20 years ago I did a breast reduction with Dr. Connor Turely. I got an infection and loft my nipples. I simply had my areola left. It was a horrible experience. I did a skin graft with him but he actually told me that I would never have actual nipples and stupid young me took his advise and left it alone. Well I waiting so long that OHIP refused to pay for my surgery. If you ever have surgery and you need correction you have a SEVEN year period to correct that surgery or else OHIP will not pay. I even appealed this process and lost. Anyway I met with Dr. Wong and right away I was at ease. She is very personable, professional. She answered my questions. She told me straight the good, the bad and the ugly of things that can and may happen. I asked her of other surgeries and she kept me well informed. She was also the only doctor after three consults that measured my breast and agreed with me that the previous doctor placed my nipple too high. Visually my breasts look confusing. I had the nipple reconstruction and there were things that I didn't like nothing major. I called her when I got home very upset and the best things she ever did was come on the phone and talk to me. With my follow up visit she held my hand and said to me that she understood that I had anxieties of the previous doctor abandoning me. She assured me that she will not do that and how many times it takes for me to feel comfortable with my nipples she will do it at no extra cost. I was so relieved as plastic surgeons usually gouge you for more money if something goes wrong. Sarah is very honest and genuine. What you see is what you get. Now I did get infected which was no fault of her own. That was corrected and we are going into fix up my nipples in March just to even up the areolas and give the nipples more thickness and projection. I told her today gurl I lived too long without them. Gimme some big ass nipps! We had a good laugh. I trust she will do it.

Toronto Plastic Surgeon

Referred by another Doctor. I met with Dr. Wong and right away I was at ease. She is very personable, professional. She answered my questions. She told me straight the good, the bad and the ugly of things that can and may happen.

so grossss.
I too lost a nipple after a lumpectomy. I am glad you shared the information about the 7 year time frame to get it fixed. My surgeon abandoned me - never informed me I could have nipple surgery to get it fixed! I did some research on internet and found out I could actually have an operation to get a new nipple.

You have had a long journey with this process.  But having a doctor that you now trust is wonderful.  Please keep us up to date with new pictures and posts on the process.

I surely will. I am comfortable with her. Even if there is something I am not happy with I can tell her. She listens.

That's the way it should be:)