Tummy Tuck with Breast Lift & Augmentation and Liposuction - Toronto, ON

Feeling nervous! I am a 35 year old mom of three...

Feeling nervous! I am a 35 year old mom of three (18, 14, and 8). I own a business that I am selling, I just bought a new house and am in the midst of selling mine. I am also going to university in the fall. My life is changing in some major ways this year. I turn 36 next month and I thought, why not rejuvenate myself with some new boobs and removal of the mom pouch?

I stand at 5'7" and I weigh 224. I have been much heavier at 277 and I have been lighter at 189. I think I have grown past the idea of having to look a certain way. I am actually quite happy being a bigger girl, I guess what I would really love is proportion and balance. I feel that my expectations are realistic and achievable for these reasons.

I am having a tummy tuck with liposuction. I am also getting a breast lift with saline implants over the muscle(I already have a lot of breast tissue as I am a D cup). I feel pretty nervous, but I am also very excited. This is going to be a new chapter in my life. I have carried the mom pouch since I was 18 and now it's time for it to go.

I have a ton of support from hubby, kids and my sister. I know that I am lucky, not only to have them, but to be able to do this. I never thought I would ever have the money to do these procedures. Now that I do, I am going to go for it!

Feel free to share your feelings, fears, jokes, and stories here. I love the support we get from this website. I definitely have learned a lot since I started coming here. Best wishes for safe surgeries and speedy recoveries to you all! Stay happy and healthy!

I've been exercising a lot lately, I am down...

I've been exercising a lot lately, I am down almost ten pounds from last week. I am power walking for an hour and a half every evening. Lots has been happening around here. I found out that my lab needed surgery for a torn acl and blown knee...my poor pooch. Combine that with my 8 year old an his mystery abdominal pain issue and 5 hours at emerge and they make for stressful days. Thankfully, my son is ok though.

Throughout this stress, I have managed to adhere to my clean eating and exercise and I just know it's going to pay off!

I am trying to decide which silicone sheets I should order for my scar therapy. It's down to Rejuveness or Oleeva..I might email my surgeon's office and ask what they have, etc.

May 31st is coming quickly. Hopefully my shop will be sold by then! Change is good. I hope everyone else is having an awesome Tuesday! I am just hoping my anxiety about these procedures will drop a few notches. Will update again soon!

I am definitely feeling nervous and a bit anxious...

I am definitely feeling nervous and a bit anxious this week. My surgery is 2 1/2 weeks away. Hubby is leaving for Brazil for the next weeks so I'll be managing everything myself. Not really feeling happy about that...3 kids, two dogs (one who just had knee surgery), I guess I just have to roll with the punches and not lose sight of my goals.

On the flipside of things, I really need to start shopping for all of my stuff. I'll have to do a bit of research on things I will need. This website has been such a great resource for me.

I have almost lost the 20 lbs that my doc asked me to lose. Mostly by eating clean and power walking for 1.5 hours everyday. I know the big day is coming soon!

Anyone else feeling under the gun? LOL! I am feeling stressed but I know I will perk up at some point today...maybe I shouldn't blog on Mondays! Haha!

I am really, really, really looking forward to my new body and shape. But t seems that as the day is drawing nearer, my anxiety is going up.

Have a happy Monday Real Self peeps! I hope you're all getting to your goals and/or recovering well.

I've been working out a lot...lots of cardio and...

I've been working out a lot...lots of cardio and weight training, body weight resistance exercises, you get the idea. I feel smaller and lighter on my feet. I was also able to complete an intermediate 50 minute elliptical session last night before bed. I was never able to do that without taking a break when I smoked. I was so happy!

My surgeon has been paid out. I've arranged for Ativan pre-op because the anxiety will have me if I don't take something. I am sure once I am there I will be ok...lol!

I have not shopped for supplies yet...I am here to research that today. Does anyone who has had the surgery have any gems of advice or examples of items that were lifesavers for them post op?

Take care...will update again in a few days.

How Much Time is Enough?

Hey there TT'ers! How much time did you take off after your procedure(s)?

I took two full weeks off. I basically have a desk job, so I am hoping that I will be ok to work by week three.

Things have been going well. Getting prepared. I've been working out and I have shrunk quite a bit over the past month. I am feeling nervous, excited, but nervous. I am glad I will have an Ativan the night before and morning of.

I know things are going to to go well. I know that once it's all said and done, I will be so happy I did. I just have to make it through the next week! LOL!

Surgery is on Friday!

OMG! I can't believe that this time next week, I will already have had my surgery!! I am nervous but also feeling very confident about what's to come. I shopped for my post op loose clothing...I have to pick up my prescriptions today...then Thursday, it's off to Toronto! My husband has been soooo sweet and supportive of me through this whole process. I am so grateful for everything!

I have decided to take two whole weeks of work. By week three I will be back at the shop. Honestly, this stresses me out more than the surgery itself, LOL! How silly is that?

Anyway, my recliner will be dropped off sometime on Thursday before I leave. The only thing I haven't really sorted out is meals post op. I wonder what everyone else is eating during the days after surgery? I eat a clean diet, lots of protein and veggies...some fruit and I only drink water and green tea. (No point in drinking coffee anymore since I haven't smoked in months)

Good luck in your suregeries to all the TT Ladies...and to those who are already on the flat side, a speedy recovery. Talk soon.

M

Tomorrow is the day!

I am so nervous!! I am excited but also nervous! I am really happy a have a pre op Ativan because I know I am going to need it. I have packed on some major muscle over the past couple of months. The scale has been disheartening. I know I lost inches though because my clothes are smaller.

I am so excited to finally do away with my hanging belly. I'll look normal in a swimsuit again! I am even more excited about hitting the refresh button on my chest! LMAO!! My big boobs will finally have lift and upper pole fullness again...I am ridiculously excited about that. My body will be depressing no more.

Good luck to all of the TT ladies due to go in for their surgeries and happy healing to those who are exactly where we want to be!

In Addition...

I just wanted to say that I used to weigh almost 300 lbs. I am happy to be drifting around 210...

Wow!

Ok so when I woke up from surgery yesterday I felt like I got hit by a Mack truck...lol! I am feeling better today. I've been walking around and drinking a ton of water. God bless my sweet husband. He's been doing such a great job helping me.

My boobs are huge and hard and there are burning sendations on my sides, probably from the lipo. Dr. Jugenburg said he removed 10 lbs of skin and 5 lbs of fat. Although right now I can't see anything, I know it's all been worth it.

Good luck to the ladies in waiting and happy healing to those who've already had their procedures. Best wishes to you all!

Day 7 Post Op

Well recovery has had its ups and downs. Outside of residual burn from lipo, I'm feeling pretty good. All the pre-op exercise has paid off. You really need to depend on all muscles EXCEPT core to get around....lmao!
The pain for me wasn't as bad as I mentally prepared myself for. Im pretty sure most of the credit goes to how well my Dr wrapped me up after surgery. I have not seen his handywork yet as i am still entirely wrapped up under my binder.

My first post op appointment is tomorrow and i am so excited to see. I will post new pics tomorrow night.

I went off the percs two days after surgery, and I went off the T3s two days after that. I've been taking extra strength tylenol as needed ever since. It seems pretty common to have a bad day or a meltdown or two and even the happiest person being well taken care of will too...I did, lol.

Anyway, I'll be back soon, take care ladies!

Feeling Good!

Hey everybody!

So far I am 10 days post op and I am feeling pretty great. I don't have full energy levels back, but I am walking almost straight up now...not hunched over so much anymore. Pain levels are more than manageable and I can pretty much do what I need to do to take care of myself, i.e. make a protein shake, move my binder, empty drains, get dressed, etc. The only things I can't do at this point are, bending over to pick up something I dropped on the floor, get out of bed myself, or shower.

I have a lot of bandages on me. My first post op appointment went really well. My Dr. was really surprised to see how well I was doing just one week out. He gave me clearance to sleep in my bed, without my chest being elevated (I was so happy!) and he said that I can walk as straight up as is comfortable but not to push it. His nurse took out a bunch of staples and then he put a big bandage over my boobs to keep them supported and held up as they heal. No bra yet, lol! I still have my drains but there's little fluid coming out today, so I am hoping I can have them taken out this week.

My energy levels are still fairly low. I get tired quickly. I know to relax or take a nap when I start to feel weary. I learned this the hard way last week, when I couldn't sleep the night and then I stayed up all day (busy house). I had a nuclear meltdown the next day, lol! Tears and tears...I cried. LOL. Anyway, make sure to listen to your body and rest. These surgeries maybe elective cosmetic procedures, but your body experiences trauma from the surgery day to about 6 weeks.

Sorry I have not yet posted any pics as of yet. Hubby has been doing all of the documenting. I will have him post the pics soon.

I will be back to work next week, full time. I am actually kind of excited. I am hopeful the drains will be gone by then. I know after another solid week of downtime I will be ready. I wanted to include a list of items that really helped me post op...Here are my essentials:

-Quick dissolve Gravol - I dosed with Gravol around the clock for the first four days after surgery. I don't typically suffer nausea after anaesthesia but I didn't want to risk vomiting and ripping sutures as a result.

- Vegan Protein Shake (I bought this because it is wheat and soy free, no bloating) for breakfast every morning. I had no appetite for the first three days or so. These really mainlined protein into my system.

-Unsweetened almond milk for shakes

-A very large reusable water bottle with an internal straw x 2 (I kept one for water and one for shakes...I also had steeped green tea in them.. they never leaked. I could drink laying back or reclined without choking or spilling, lol!

-Electric recliner/lift chair - this rental chair became my home for a while. It really helped keep everything elevated.

-Big capri yoga pants with foldover tops - awesome for concealing drains

-Twist tees tank tops from Torrid.com, any tank will do but these are super stretchy and comfortable. They do not lose their shape even after you've slept in them and hiked them up or down over your drains.

-Xl Hoodie - super warm and comfy. Hides drains well while you are out. As your swelling goes down and your binder gets tighter, you'll be surprised how quickly you'll fit into all of your sporty workout jackets. (And how great you will look in them too!)

- Lots of dvds. I was really out of it during the first week. slightly blurred vision and an inability to focus intently. I would get nauseated easily. I fully loaded my Kindle with new books but eye strain happened quickly and so did nausea. The same thing occurred when I used hubby's iPad...I was very nauseated. Forget about it! LOL!

-Extra pillows to put under my legs so that there was no pulling on my stitches.

-Snuggie (my sons) it was awesome to use in combination with the recliner and pillows.

Warm socks - I had cold feet a few times the first week post op. Make sure they are super warm and comfy.

There's been a lot of talk about using herbal supplements. I use Bromelaine and Quercetin. I add lemon to my water and I drink 2-3 huge cups of green tea everyday. I also eat a very clean and high protein diet...this is the norm for me.
Speak with your doctor BEFORE taking anything. Some herbs work for certain blood types...some herbs don't. Bromelaine is universal, however when it comes to anti oxidents and supplements that heal tissue...your blood type plays a huge role in what works and what doesn't. Please do your research before taking anything.

I will add to my list when I think of more.

Best wishes to all of you lovely ladies, pre-op, and post-op. I hope you are all doing well!

It's Been A While..

Hey there everyone! Sorry so late with the pics but I wanted to update my review/story and let you know how I've been doing.

I've been feeling pretty well and off pain killers completely for the past 5 days or so. I am down a couple of pant sizes so I am feeling pretty awesome about that. Breast pressure is still prevalent. I have to wear a sports bra and binder until I am six weeks post op. My drains were removed at two weeks post op. I am also standing up straight for the most part. It still takes me time to sit and stand.But I managed to get out of bed this morning (with some struggle) but unassisted. Yay!

I am really excited to see how I'll look once the swelling goes down. As I am right now, I think I look fantastic and I can't even begin to describe how wonderful it is to put pants on without having to pull them up over flabby skin folds. I am so happy I did this!

Dr. Jugenburg is the man.
Toronto Plastic Surgeon