Had Mohs Surgery Today - Toronto, ON

HI, After waiting for 3 month of waiting and a lot...

HI, After waiting for 3 month of waiting and a lot of fear and anxiety I had the Mohs surgery done today. The basal cancer was at the tip of my nose and I feared of loosing my nose or having a big scar. After the biopsy a few month ago it healed over just nicely and it was not visible at all. Dr. Murray at Woman College Hospital in Toronto was wonderful. He explained everything to me and he was very gentle. The surgery did not hurt at all and it took 3 slices to cut and get all the cancer out. To take out a slice of skin onIy takes a few minutes and the rest is spent in the waiting room. I had a hole the size of a dime on my nose. To close it up, it was partly stiched up and partly closed with a skin transplant from my ear. I am home now bandaged up and sore. After taking some painkillers I feel quite good now and am soooooo relieved that all is over.
I hope the scar will turn out good. I would like to recommend Mohs surgery since it is 98% curable. Good Luck and all the Best to everyone. Yes, I would do it again!!!! My cost was FREE under Canada healthare
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

He is a wonderful Doctor. He explains everything he does in detail and makes one feel so very comfortable. I recommend him highly. Thank you

I am booked for Mohs on my nose w Dr Murray in February. the BCC is approximately 1.1cm x 1.2xm as I had left it for a couple of years before seeing any Dr. I am booked the next day for reconstructive surgery and I am interested in hearing if anyone has this similar experience and the extent of their scarring.

I'm glad to hear you were able to get it taken care of. I hope you're doing well; are you having much pain?

Please keep us posted as you continue to heal. We're all here for you. :)