Floating Abdominoplasty - Toronto, ON

Hi, I had my surgery on March 31 2014 in Toronto...

Hi,
I had my surgery on March 31 2014 in Toronto where I live. I had a floating Abdominoplasty which included muscle repair and liposuction. I did not have a full tummy tuck but a modified mini tummy tuck recommended to me by my PS. My scar is hip to hip and my navel was not removed. I still have a lot of wrinkled skin. I know it's very early to tell but I'm worried that I should have had a full TT to correct the appearance of the skin. Would I require revision surgery and when would be a long enough time to consider this?

11 days post op

11 days post op and I have mixed feelings I don't know what others experience was like. I like how low my scar is and I know it's till early but I'm afraid the wrinkles won't go away I still feel like I should have had a full TT. I can also see a bulge. Can anyone give me some hope that my tummy will look better?

5 weeks post mini TT

I'm at 5 weeks and my stomach looks even more wrinkled than day one. Is it possible to have a full TT revision in a couple months?

3 months post op-awful result

I'm 3 months post op and seriously unhappy as a result of my surgery. I look even worse now than I did before the surgery. My ps says it could be fat and I would need lipo. I am feeling very hopeless I went to another surgeon to get a second opinion and he was not willing to even touch my stomach I have no idea what to do at this point.

Floating abdominoplasty pics-3 months post op

Your tummy did what mine is doing, your bb is folding into a slit, did you try using tape? My tummy looks terrible 5 weeks post op
Tape? I paid so much money I expected to get the results the doctor claimed he can achieve with a floating TT I'm sorry to hear u are not happy with ur results as well.
Dr said swelling causing bb to fold in suggested skin tape! I see him next week again...so worried, I don't want surgery again! :( thank you.
I'm sorry to hear your story. Of course you were looking forward to a big improvement, and got this dissapointing result. Must feel awful. It seems so unprofessional that your ps does not admit that the results did not turn out as he expected it. I'm not an expert but it dies seem like you still have loose skin, that the fat is not the issue. I would post a picture on the Q&A here to have other doctors opinions on how you should go forth. Maybe there are some laws in your country on your side.to get money back. Maybe it's not even advisable to let that surgeon do any more damage? I'm sure a good one can fix it!
How are you doing? What did your dr say when you went to see him on June2? I can see why you are upset! Please keep us posted!
Hi he basically said its fat and I might have to get lipo done he has been shying away from any talk about a revision he told me even super models stomach aren't that flat... Lol I'm sorely disappointed
Who was the dr? I had a consult at Dr J's clinic and was impressed
Dr E. I had a consult with Dr J as well but Dr E was friendlier to me
I know most surgeons say 6 months, and it's even harder with the umbilical float bc if they separate it from the to after having already detached it from the bottom it can easily die from no blood flow. I have read that the bb can regain blood flow through the bottom that had been detached, but I am unsure how long that takes. You could probably address the skin below the bb poetry easily though. Obviously a surgeon would know way more about this than me. This is just what I've gathered about umbilical float TT on this site. I would certainly expect your surgeon to be willing to do revision (or pay for another surgeon to do it if you don't want yours to) free of charge. At least you are almost through the main swelling period so you can start talking/thinking about these things! Good luck!
Thanks a lot! Will keep u posted my 2 month appt is June 2 so we will see what he says :)
How's it going? Any new changes? Have you talked with your doc about the results and/or asked about his/her expectations or plans to revise?
Almost 5 weeks and no change. Still a lot of excess skin. I spoke to my PS but he wants to wait until my next appointment at the 2 month mark to determine if he will do a revision. The swelling in my lower abdomen hasn't gone down at all and I develop small water blisters at the end of the day in my public area I also have a bulge above my navel. I still believe a mini was not the way to go with regards to me.
Sorry! Keep me posted! So hard to wait!
I had the same procedure. I really pushed for a full, but surgeon insisted this was right for me. I keep questioning his choice but have decided to be optimistic until 6 months. (It's not like anything can be done before then anyway.) So, I know it's hard, but just try to stay positive and know that this isn't your final result. Doesn't help to worry/obsess about it when there's nothing you can do yet. (I know, easier said than done!)
Thanks for the positive words I really was obsessing even started getting depressed. How long are you in your recovery and are you happy with your results so far?
I'm only two and a half weeks. I'm pretty happy so far. Definitely not as flat as I expected or as flat as I hope to be in the end. But for now it's just a waiting game. Has your tummy changed any since your last photo?
Same, mine Is not as flat as I expected and no my stomach hasn't changed still wrinkled and very swollen especially at the bottom closer to the incision line
Welcome to the community.   Give this some time before making any decisions on a revision surgery.  You need to allow your body to heal for a while.