Thoughts on Toronto Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Center - Toronto, ON

I'm going to have vaginal tightening done at the...

I'm going to have vaginal tightening done at the Toronto Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Center, the nurse was great. She answered all my questions and mentioned thing I had never thought of. I'm wondering if anyone has had surgery done there and what they thought of the Dr's. I tried posting this on the forum but for some reason it won't post.

?I had my surg done on the 8th of Feb

I had my surg done on the 8th of Feb. All I had done was the tightening. After the surg I could feel pressure on my tailbone and still can. But it's not my tailbone because if I push on it there is no pain or discomfort so it's coming from inside. Other then that, I feel fine. I'm up and walking around. Bending over and sitting down is an issue so I sit leaning to one side. I'm doing everything they told me to. As for what I think of the Dr and his staff? I think he was very professional and polite. He answered my questions and was polite. I would recommend him to anyone. The staff was great, the place was neat and clean. This is only day 4, I was told that people go back to work after 2 days but I really can't see that. Maybe I'm just a suck that way. Right now, I am happy with how things are going. I did fly home the same day, I don't think I would recommend but for me it was the best decision. I could not see flying home the next day. It would have been too painful and uncomfortable. I like to be home in my own bed. I will post again in a week.

2 weeks post

So it's been 2 weeks now and i'm feeling better, I can sit down and still feel that I had surg but nothing like it was. I was wearing pads because I would change them every 3hours, I was afraid of infection. Now I'm not and the incision is a bit tender from not being padded against the seam of my jeans. The incision site is raised about 2 mm the whole length which I don't like. From what I've read though it should start to flatten out in a month or 2. It does not look very nice. Once it flattens it will be fine but I don't like the ridged look at all and hope it goes away soon. I don't know if that's how he stitches or if that is just how it is supposed to look for now. I'll have to ask the Dr. Other then the ridge I feel great, I can't wait till the 3rd week when I can go back to working out. Sitting around is driving me nuts.

3 Weeks

So, I had a yeast infection, I think I hit a stitch with the applicator and have light bleeding the last few days, if I lay down or recline there are no problems. I went to emerg and I have to see a specialist. Here I thought I'd get away with no issues.....
I'm bored out of my mind from 'taking it easy' and now the thought of working out has been put off I'm guessing another 2 weeks at least. I don't get how kids can sit and play video games or surf the net all day, this is not fun. Other then that there is nothing really to say, no infection, irritation or anything. I don't know how anyone could think of sex at this point. I've seen a couple of posts where they have sex at 4 weeks or more. Even if you take out the fact that I might have torn a stitch, the rest of the stitches are itchy and tight at times. To me, this is still worth it. :)

4 Weeks

So, I'm taking it easy. There is no bleeding anymore, which I told was normal by both Toronto and the Drs here. It was not a lot, it was like a wound that is 'weeping'. Anyway, it stopped a week after. The stitches are starting to come out so some are holding and pinching. I'm still not working out since I don't want to hurt anything. I think I might be over cautious, but like I said I am not pain free yet. It's not at the point I'll take advil or anything to it's like a 1-2 on a scale of 1-10. I'm still very happy I've had it done, I have wanted this for so long.

5 Weeks tomorrow...

Well, I had to see the specialist to make sure everything looked good, and he says from what he can see it is. But he'd like to wait 2 weeks till it's healed a bit more and he can have a better look at things. I have the pain that feels like it's at the top. If you drew a line to the top of the cervics and another line from your tail bone. you would meet where the pain is. I am kind of worried about this feeling. It started when I woke up from surg but they said it went well. It's not sharp pain at all. It's a dull pulsing pain that comes and goes. Still at the point that they say you can have sex at 6 weeks. I'm thinking nooooooot going to happen ANY time soon. Who would link of it right now. I still have visible stitches that hurt when I do housework. I can't wait for 2 or 3 more weeks to be over and I feel normal again. The seam in the jeans is annoying and I did not even have the lips trimmed. I'll find out on Monday and then post that. I hope this helping anyone trying to make the decision. Right now, I'd still go through it again.

Facts

Here is just something that irritated me. I was told by the clinic that people return to work 2 days after the surg.... As I wrote before, I would not recommend anything under 2 weeks.
I did do my research but sorry to say, I did not know what a posterior vaginal wall and perineal body repair was. Read up on the healing, I really do recommend that. For this which is what I had.. said plan to take 2 - 6 WEEKS off. This I believe. If I was working I would not have been able to sit right even at 3 weeks. Also you can not lift more then 25 lbs after 8 weeks up until 3 months. Driving hurt and it says not to drive until after 3 weeks. I thought I was being a suck. Also, you do bleed for at least a week, but that it is normal to restart after 2 weeks for about a week. This also happened. I just wish I was given all of this information, I still would have done it. But I don't like it when people sugar coat things. I really thought I'd be back to working out after 6 weeks. I'm at 5 weeks now and I the stitches are still there and pulling (which is normal). That is my only complaint is that I was not given all the facts and I could not find a whole lot on the healing process. I have an appointment with the specialist, who says everything is going well. I still have a funny feeling/throbbing/pain sometimes. The dr says he'll be able to do more of an exam now that I'm at the 5 weeks. So I'll update what he says. Like I said my main complaint is just that they tell me about the after care and had to find out on my own, which seems quite normal so far. It was a lot less painful then I thought it would be. I just like the facts with no sugar. :)
Dr Dimitrios Giannoulias, Toronto Cosmetic Clinic

I found the clinic to be very professional and polite. Dr G and his staff were great. I loved my nurse and the anesthesiologist was so nice and put me at ease when he saw how nervous I would be regarding the needle. I can't really rate the follow up yet since it's only been 4 days, but they did call the next day and were great. The office was clean and neat so that is a plus. I felt at ease with everyone there so I'm happy. :)

I see before I put 4 for his skill. I don't remember what the other 2 were about. There were only 2 that stuck out in my mind.
I made a list of questions and the Dr is Dr Dimitrios Giannoulias. I'd say 75% of the reviews are good or really good. The bad reviews I'd say might be from personality conflicts and these patients seemed to like a bit of coddling. Really who doesn't from time to time but I can do without it. I can whine and cry to my family after. :) I have an appointment to talk the Dr himself in a few days and have a list of other questions and concerns.
did you have the surgery with Dr. G? I've heard horrible things about him and how he butcher's people. You should have a consult with Dr. Gerber. He's well known and very respected
I did go to him and I went to the point of making a tally of the neg comments about him being rude and I only found 2 that said he 'butchered' them. One girl was poking her fingers up there at 2 weeks which can and I think did cause infection (so that was her causing it, I think), the other did not say what he did. I wrote to her and asked what it was that he did and she did not write back. I got cold feet and called another highly recommended Dr on the forums and the receptionist there said he's a very good Dr and since I had the appointment with him to stay with him. That spoke volumes to me since plastic surgeons I've heard are very competitive. As for the rude part, I was thinking I'm paying for a surgery, not a best friend to have coffee with. I found him very to the point, it's major surgery and he takes it very seriously. I really respect him for that, I did not find him rude at all. After surg, I could not go pee and the nurse said sometimes that happens to a few people after they have an epidural. He came out and talked to me and stayed with me, he was nice but told me if on the third try I did not, that I'd have to have a catheter. I did on the third try go on my own. I've seen very good reviews on him as well with people doing this surg. I've looked down there and all I thought was they tighten the inside, I did not think the outside would change at all. But even that was closed up and it does look better then before. Go with what you are comfortable with and from what I've heard is that people do get cold feet 2-3 weeks before. Also people tend to write the neg and not so much on the positive. If people are happy, they go on their merry way(most of the time) if they are not happy they will tell everyone and anyone. I'm one of the happy ones and I'd go to him again. Good Luck! :) Oh no matter what, do the after care they say to a T.
Oh, I did the tally for a few Drs, If you type in Dr so and so neg comments into google and then do positive it will bring up lots for every Dr.
Glad you're happy. Dr. Jugenburg does vaginoplasty but all his reviews are about breasts and tummy tucks. I've heard amazing things about him and have had a consult him about another procedure. Is vaginoplasty very painful? That's my only fear. I've had labiaplasty with Gerber and look so amazing!!!! Very happy with those results.
I just had Dr. Jugenburg for a TT, BR/BL and lipo, so I can't offer an opinion on the vaginoplasty, but I can say this: His bedside manner sucks, his staff are amazing, and he is very skilled-his stitching is beautiful. He is just a very serious guy-good for when it comes to his work, but tough if you are a friendly person who wants to feel comfortable with someone. I'm friendly, so I had a hard time, but his work is great. I came from out of province just to see him and I would go back-his awesome staff, especially Kim and Grace, make up for his lack of a good bedside manner.

I've looked through the reviews for some near you. There aren't a ton, just because vaginoplasty is not talked about as openly as other types of surgery, but there are a few:

I hope you find lots of support and information here in the community. We're here for you if you need anything!

Did you interview your actual surgeon? I would do this before signing up for any surgery. Just a thought.
I to am doing a vaginalplasty with Dr.G. He is suppose to be the very best and was referred to me by my family dr. I trust her opinion compleatly. She also recommend Dr. Edelstine for my BA. And he did an amazing job. Love them;-) Anyway dr.g seemed very knowledgable and I look forward to getting the vaginalplasty in early march.
Hey! I'm just wondering if you've had your vaginalplasty yet? I have my appointment in a month. I've been reading a lot on comments about this dr. most neg comments are about his personality. Out of 15 comments on just his skill 4 were neg. I've looked at 6 or 7 sites on his reviews. I think I'm just getting cold feet.
if you haven't done it yet then stay away from Dr. G. I've heard terrible things about him. check out Dr. Gerber. He's the best in this industry.
I'm 2 weeks post and I did go to Dr. G. I'm very happy with the results, him and his staff. I did call Dr Gerber and the staff there said Dr. G is a good dr and since I had the apt booked to stay with him. That was 2 weeks before surg.(I was having cold feet) I only found 2 bad comments about him doing a bad job and neither said what was wrong. One girl was poking her fingers up there. (infection....) Did they have unrealistic expectations? Nothing looks nice after surg and the other girl, all she said is she went right to the hospital after seeing it. I thought all the work was on the inside and I did not realize the outside would change. I think it looks way better then before. As for rude, I found him to the point and he takes his career seriously. Do people want someone to go for coffee with, or someone who will do a good job and tell you what to expect and how to take care of yourself and not sugar coat it. I liked him and I'd go back to him, my neighbour is going to go see him in a few months. I could not be happier with the results, I've wanted this done for years! I would do it again in a heartbeat.