Lumps Under Lips - Toronto, ON

I got juvederm ultra injected into my lips a week...

I got juvederm ultra injected into my lips a week ago. They were fine the first day. The second day I woke up and my lips were extremely swollen especially the top right side. I iced my lips for a couple days. Now a week later they are still swollen with four ball like lumps on the inside of my lips where the needles entered my lips. There is still a little bruising as well. It doesn't seem to be going away with periods where they seem bigger than before. I called to talk to the doctor the day after when they were really swollen and the lady who did the consultation said it was all normal and not to come back before two weeks after so now I'm not sure what to do .
Skinology med spa

I have to say I actually had a great experience at Skinology. Would like to say how professional the staff is there. They really provided me with a lot of information which helped me make a wise decision regarding my treatment. I had a lip and cheek augmentation for which they walked me through the procedure right til the very end and made me feel very comfortable. I absolutely loved my results! I came in for a check-up a couple weeks after my procedure and all went well. I'll definitely go back! Thanks Skinology!
I actually went to Skinology Med Spa myself in December, 2013. I had a great experience. It was my first time going there. I bought an online deal and went there and had my lips injected with Juvederm Ultra Plus. When I got there they seemed very professional, they started me with a Consultation and went over the procedure explaining the different options available to me. They were quite knowledgeable and I felt comfortable proceeding with the procedure for my lip injection. My lips turned out great! I have had my lips done several times in the past, not at this clinic but at other clinics. This had been my first time at Skinology and I would definitely go back. I initially bought the deal online after viewing Skinology's before and after pics on their Facebook page. I was impressed with their lip gallery. After my lips were injected the Consultant at Skinology did advise me that I was welcome to come back for a follow up visit in two weeks. This is pretty standard from what I know in the Industry. All the other places I went to get my lips injected also had two week follow-ups. From what I understand everywhere recommends two week follow-ups because after two weeks any and all swelling will have calmed down and the products injected typically take two weeks to settle. I have had swelling from lip injections last me 10 days! And I too have had lumps in my lips from many different clinics. What I have been told in the past is that the product is injected and initially goes in like soft gel caps and the product takes a couple weeks to soften and settle. I guess this is why they say to come back in two weeks for a follow up. I went somewhere else one time and had a lump on one side of my lip. I wanted to come in right away to have it removed. They told me if the product is still settling and there is still swelling and they remove the product, once the product has settled and swelling is gone away than I could have removed the product unnecessarily. Anyhow, I'm more curious to know what happened at Skinology after you went back for your follow-up visit? I noticed someone else asked this too but haven't seen a reply?
Thank you for sharing your story. What happened when you went back for your two week follow-up? Are the bumps gone now? I almost bought a Groupon deal for Skinology but couldn't find enough information about the credentials of the injectors and decided to pass on it. Did a doctor administer the injection or a nurse? Please let us know how you made out and if things improved at all. Best to you. :)
The bumps are not normal after 1 week. From the pictures you posted, it looks like bumps of Juvederm, as if the product had not been injected evenly everywhere. It would explain why it is not going away after a week and the fact that ice is not helping (since it is not swelling). If it is what I suspect, it can be fixed with hyaluronidase injections. Good luck!
you need to do something girl! Thats not even normal, i got juvederm done a few weeks ago, and had a few bumps the doctor said by 3 days they'll be gone and he was right! They shouldn't last longer than 3 days. Call the doctor back and tell him/her that you need to see him!

I'm assuming your pictures were just taken, so showing what things look like a week later. I would encourage you to post your pictures in our Ask a Doctor section. That way the board certified doctors who volunteer on RealSelf can share their thoughts with you.

Please keep us posted on how things look and feel as time goes on.