Major Improvement - Toronto, ON

I'm writing this review for everyone in the boat I...

I'm writing this review for everyone in the boat I was in: scary looking filler, but too terrified to have hyaluronidase. I put up with two large, obvious, asymmetrical ridge-like bumps that created a blue tint under the skin under my eyes for OVER THREE YEARS. (Seriously -- the shape of my eye sockets/ cheekbone margin was like the prosthetic makeup on the shape-shifting alien character in Deep Space NIne.) I was miserable and self-conscious about it, but I was even more scared I would damage my skin if I had it dissolved. I had talked to several dermatologists about doing it and one wanted to while two suggested I try to wait it out.

Well, that filler wasn't going anywhere (and I tried alternatives, including massaging it with the back of a sonic toothbrush, which did nothing.) So I made yet another appointment, promising myself I could back out at the last minute. However, Dr. Barankin was very reassuring and a bit nonplussed by the fact that I had gotten so freaked out over the hyaluronidase, so I decided to go for it. He did two tiny injections under each eye. It did NOT hurt, burn, sting, anything. I was expecting some kind of sensation or maybe a popping noise (!) but... nothing. By the end of the day I was looking much more normal. Yes, I did see some slight temporary crepey-ness to the undereye skin over the next couple of days, which caused me another freakout, of course. But I gave it a couple of weeks and the skin went back to normal and the residual unevenness or fluid from the former bumps drained away (I had already told myself I would not have more hyaluronidase no matter what!) I am VERY happy with the result. I'm now about three months down the road and wanted to come back on here and tell everyone that in conservative hands, hyaluronidase can simply take you back to baseline, and I wish I had had it done much sooner.
So glad it worked out, no more deep space 9 :)
What kind of filler did you have originally?
It was so long ago, but either Juvederm Ultra or Ultra Plus. It wasn't supposed to be in the tear troughs but below them. Some of it migrated upward.
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

He's reassuring and professional, seems to have a good eye and did the (painless) injections himself.