So Far I'm Happy -Toronto, ON

Today I went in for my first fraxel laser...

Today I went in for my first fraxel laser treatment at Bellair Laser in Toronto (Yorkville location) and I am very pleased with the results so far. By that I mean, the pain was much more tolerable than I had anticipated, and my skin feels very soft and smooth immediately after.
I was really freaked out by some of the reviews, but all of my friends who have done it say nothing but great things.
With regard to the pain; yes, it is hot. It's more discomfort than actual pain (I guess I must have a high threshold for pain). I was really just daydreaming the whole time and tried not the think about it. That certainly helped.
The fraxel laser was done at a level 6, and passed over 8 times. The laser used was applied in a continuous motion, unlike the zap (cube like) laser that I saw all over youtube.
Certain areas of my face were hot for a few hours, but overall I feel absolutely fine.
I know it will take at least 3 more sessions to reduce the malasma, and I am excited to see the difference.
A good friend worked at this clinic for 3 years and she highly recommend going to Bellair for this treatment because the have high standard of care, and use registered nurses to perform these types of treatments rather than technicians.
I will keep you all posted on my results.

10 hours later

I feel no pain at all!! My skin is slightly red on my cheeks, and neck but not on my forehead. I even went to run errands today, and didn't care if people noticed the redness. It looks like a slight sunburn/allergic reaction.
I also have no puffiness, so I can hopefully go to work tomorrow without feeling overly self conscious. My skin texture is now a little rough, but that's just part of the skin sloughing process.
I also had thermage done on my eyes and I already see a difference! I was told it takes 3- 6 months to notice, but they already look less droopy.
YEY!!!

end of day 2...

I woke up with little redness. Looks mostly like a tan on my already slightly tanned/olive complexion.
My skin feels quite tight and I can see little white milia coming through on my chin and forehead.
Earlier in the day my skin felt like sandpaper, and that has lessened significantly and it hasn't even been 48 hours.

Almost day 5

My skin hasn't changed. The texture is still rough, but not as bad as day 2 & 3. I'm breaking out all over my tzone with little pimples, but my chin has much bigger ones (also getting my period).
My neck still has all the same scaring and the malasma on my cheeks, forehead and above my lips has not subsided.
Hoping session 2 & 3 really make a bigger difference.

7 days post treatment

I have to say that despite the breakouts which were worse than I'd had in 10 years, that I am really happy with the texture of my skin. It's soft, smooth, and there is a slight improvement in the dark spots.
If you can deal with the bad before it gets worse, than I really recommend this treatment.

3 weeks post

I am very happy with the texture and smoothness of my skin. I've also been exfoliating my with scrubs and the Clarsonic Mia to enhance the sloughing process.

My breakouts are a wee bit better, but it might also be because I started using benzoyl peroxide products a few days ago.

The melasma has been significantly reduced, and that is only after one treatment. I can't wait to do the next one and see the results.

As for skin tightening, it feels tight the first week but after that, I haven't seen an improvement in the elasticity of my skin
Bellair Laser clinic

I really love their service!! They are all warm, friendly, and knowledgeable. The greet you with warm towel, citrus fruit water, and a variety of belgium chocolates. The cost was reasonable considering this is a high end clinic in the most prominent neighbourhood in Toronto. The also had a special going on at the moment, so I highly recommend that you take advantage.