Today is 2 months post op...

I have had those very big eye bags my whole life....

I have had those very big eye bags my whole life. Its genetics. As I was getting older, they were getting bigger and puffier. It took me more then a year to finally decide to proceed with surgery. I tried everything before this. Creams, compresses, acupuncture, ultrasonic facial massager..just about everything. I did my research, consulted 2 surgeons and finally went with plastic surgeon as my intuition was telling me that he is more conservative.
Anyhow, I had lower transconjuctival bleph done on June 12 (nothing else was done, doctor said that skin will eventually adjust and won't be creepy).

The surgery went very well. It was quick and painless. I was given local with sedatives. After coming home, I had a strong headache and took Tylenol 3. I have not been in any pain due to the procedure. On the first day I was very swollen, on the second, bruises kicked in, but nothing major. The recovery was going well till the DAY 5. Then, on the 5th day I noticed that I was not able to close my right eye all the way. I developed small chemosis. I also needed ti support closure of that eye with my fingers since I couldn't fell asleep. After few days of troubles with right eye, it got better,but then the left eye started to misbehave. It was half way closed, very dry and gritty. I couldn't feel the muscles on my left side. I have been lubricating that eye a lot and it is better now. I have to say that green tea was maybe a saver since I have been doing cold compresses with green tea bags and it helped with dryness. The other positive side of green tea is that helped tighten the skin around eyes ,too.

10 days - post op..I finally felt better. My eyes stop to bug me and I was able to see the results. there were still little bags, but much better then before and I looked healthier.
However, ......today is 2 weeks since surgery and I woke up this morning so swollen..I looked like a monster. I was so sad to see the bags came back. Now, the bags are even bigger since they rest on cheeks more rather then just below the lids. I did green tea compresses again and its better,but not to the point were i wanted it. I am very concerned now of the outcome of this surgery. First, I pried to have my healthy eyes back, now I pray for this puffiness to go away.
has anyone else have had a similar experience where you see progress and then suddenly
at 2 weeks mark you woke up with puffy eyes AGAIN?Will it get better?

I also have extra skin left. I am conscious not to smile. I don't want to create new wrinkles.I wish this puffiness goes away and then in future we can treat creepiness. Also, my eyes still look tired. I hope them well will be glittery again and look alive.

I did not transfer the photos yet. But, I will upload them as well. I still hope that I will have a positive experience at the end.

cannot rate the doctor yet as I have been waiting to see final results.

A little better

Comparing my eye bags before and after, they are smaller,but I am still not bag free. Now, I have them way down on the lower lids and just above the cheeks. I hope this is still just a swelling and will improve in next few weeks.

Some improvments

I still have small bags,although they are much smaller then pre-op. I am still not 100% happy with this and that is why I am not rating this procedure yet. Tomorrow will be 1 month from surgery and will post photos. Also, I do get up puffy in the morning. The bags go down during the day,but don't disappear.I still do cold compresses everyday to bring down the puffiness and it is little bit annoying to do all this work. I thought that surgery would take care off the puffiness, too.

1 month mark has passed

Well, I am not sure anymore if I see improvements or not. It all depends if I get up puffy or not in the morning. I bevel that my bags / swelling has gone a little bit down. I am leaving to others to see as well as I am becoming too subjective.

Did anyone have simmilar experiance with pufffines and will it get better????

Two days ago when photo was taken, my eye looked good. This is due to me having enough time to put cold compresses two times for 30 minutes that day. Rather then that, I do get up puffy in the morning with eye bags defined. I hate to have those bags again. They do go down during a day, but I have not been bag since surgery. I am not sure what to hope for. My doc says is swelling, I see very little improvement and I am scared that is going to stay like this. Every day I do eye massage, cold compresses, sleep elevated with 2-3 pillows, watch my salt intake, and still get up puffy. This all maintenance is getting burdensome.

Not good at all at 6 weeks post op...

I was hoping to see improvements with every new day and week passing, but I haven't got that. My bags came back and morning puffiness is so big that it takes me hours of cold compresses to bring it down. Who has time for that? I was told that I wont need to hide behind my glasses anymore,but I am..my eye bags are uglier then before since they are uneven and look disfigured. On top of that, skin is more lax, wrinkly...This recovery has had big mental strain on me.

2 months post op

I still wake up puffy and swollen. I took advice from KRFNP to start bromelain and it helped with swelling and puffiness. Last week I was less puffy then this week. I still cannot figure out what causes it. I no longer sleep on my back. I am tired of it. Also, i am not sure it is my imagination or what, I think my bags are little bit smaller then last time I posted an updated. I have my follow up on 23rd of this month and looking forward what Dr. has to say.

May I ask which doctor you chose?
Hi Jannet, I have just sent you private mail. Cheers.
Hi. I would start taking bromaline once or twice a day. I would also add eating fresh pineapple daily. I still eat this even at 4 months post op and I feel it still makes a big difference. Other obvious things would to avoid sleeping on your stomach, and sleep propped up on 2 or 3 pillows. No salt, limit alcohol,etc. I really believe the bromaline and pineapple will make a big difference. Good luck.
Thank You..I also noticed that once I stopped bromaline, my puffiness came back as well as bags. I will start with it NOW. I really try not to sleep on my stomach,but cannot resist every night. It is a tough thing to do:))))....
Good. Start the bromaline and get the pineapple. Sounds silly, but really works. You have to get ahead of the puffiness, I worried if I didn't, that I would get crepiness and wrinkles in the long run. So far it's worked. You should know within a few days if its working.
I am on my 3rd day of 2 times 500mg of Bromaline per day. I think its working. Puffiness is much better,but bags are still there:((((...Thank You so much for your advice, at least I now can deal with one problem:)))
Mama Chichi and Jill, thank you for the supporting words. It helps. My doctor told me to massage those little bags,but when i do, I can feel some kind of tissue sleeping under my finger. I am scared that there is fat left. This morning I didn't get puffy that much. Way better,but little bags are still there. They don't go away. I just pray they disappear or decrease in size. Some days my eyes look good, some like i just came out of boxing ring.

That reminds me, when I went in for my month post-op visit my Dr told me that if the bags come and go, like one day they are bigger and then another day they aren't really there, that this is post-op swelling.  That made me feel a lot better.

Unfortunately, even when there is no swelling/puffiness..I still have small bags...my dr. told me at month visit that's swelling, but ..bags are there all the time and it seems to me that he didn't remove much fat. He is a great surgeon,but very conservative when it comes to removal of fat under eyes..O well...better that then overdone...:)))..Again, you gave me hope with your 9 weeks bags disappearance....
Sorry - lost a post and then re-wrote it and then it appeared. :/
You look great! But hang in there for the final results to show. I had my uppers and lowers done 3 months ago and am still seeing some uneven puffiness at times as well as some deep stippling bruises under my eyes in certain lights. I know the process is tough - but my Dr. (who is AMAZING) told me not to make any judgments until the 6 month mark. I am thrilled now and am just waiting for all the little details of healing up fall in to place. :)
Hang in there! I am more than 3 months post op and I still see some puffiness and some residual stippling bruising under my eyes. My Dr. (whom is AMAZING) told me to not make any judgements until I reach the 6 month mark. You just wait and see - you will be thrilled. I know the process is tough.

I wanted to come read your review after you commented on mine.  I hope your eyebags are just swelling a lot from the surgery and it will eventually go away.  I had to think about it, and I feel like my little bags went away after about 9 weeks.  Sometimes I have tiny ones in the morning, but they seem to go away on their own.  I do remember around 6 weeks feeling the same way you are feeling.  Hang in there!

Thanks Jill. I pray it will go away. I decided not to look at my self often and wait little bit longer. I seem to get puffy more and easier then before operation. I will wait 2 months mark to post next update. Hope by then I can have some progress.

I can totally relate!  I had to tell myself to stop looking in mirrors for a while and then one day I noticed the bags were just sorta gone (this reminds me, I need to update my review...)  It took a lot longer than I wanted or expected.  I'm really hoping yours goes the same and the bags fade :)  Look forward to reading your updates.

I am not sure the continuous cold presses after op are adequate. I plan to do my eyebag surgery thus have been going through many websites including the Taiwan websites to research. in Taiwan, apparently the surgeons advise the patient to use cold compresses for only the first 4 days, cold press helps to reduce pain and swelling and after that it should be followed by hot presses for another 4 days, the hot presses are to improve blood circulation which in turn will help to reduce bruises and further swelling. Patients are also advised to abstain from smoking, alcohol, caffeinated beverages such as coffee and tea and spicy food. Besides given eyedrops, patients are also given antibiotic ointment to prevent any inflammation. I hope this after care method is of help to those who plan to go for surgery, you can also seek the surgeon's opinion for it. Hope you will get better.
Hi Annsui, I followed all of those recommendations,but I am now 6 weeks post op. I don't now why I am so puffy in the morning. My doc is on vacation till august 2nd. Even when the puffiness is gone, I still have small bags left. I think he did not remove all the fat. I am tired of sleeping with 3 pillow, applying compresses, massaging, avoiding spicy and salty food, etc...I will try total body cleanse to see if it will help to get rid of the water retention. Maybe the hormones are to blame. I tend to be more bloated and puffy during PMS. Hope it will get better.
I have been following your review as I have had very similar results. Tomorrow will be three weeks for me. I had expected the puffiness to completely gone by now. I have been trying to massage under the eyes and watch my salt intake. We are leaving on vacation tomorrow so I'm not sure how my diet will impact the puffiness. Please keep posting updates. Good luck!!
Sorry, I only saw your post now.It has been a month and 2 days for me. I still get up puffy in the morning. Me, too, I watch my salt intake, i put cold compresses every day, I drink lots of water, i still sleep with 3 pillows. The bags are a lot smaller then original ones,but are still bags and sit just above the tear trough. I am not sure is this swelling or bags remaining????DR. says is swelling,but it is not going away:((((....He said to massage it, but noting happens. I have next follow up on august 6th. I am anxious to find out what the Dr. is going to say about this.
You may be able to improve the crepeness of your skin with some skin lasering, sorry to hear you are having some complications-I am not sure why you would be getting puffier all of a sudden but they are obviously inflamed and irritated, maybe a small infection.  Mine were especially irritable for at least 6 months so you may just have to be patient.  Nighttime eye dryness ointment helps a lot too.  The numbness may just be your nerves adjusting, I felt some of that and some tingling every once in while.  I would make sure you keep your dr posted, what does he say about your condition?
Scottsdale, thank you for your support. The puffiness is down. I believe I caused it with applying vit E oil on the lower lids. I was just trying to nourish the skin not to be creepy and wrinkly. The dryness of the left eye passed in 3 days. Beside lubricating, I used green tea compresses on both eyes and it really help a LOT. Amazing!!!...My eyes (in terms of functioning) are 90% back to normal and that progress had happened really fast... it lasted 6 days all together. However, now when swelling is down, I do have little eye bags where I didn't have them before..above the cheeks ,but below the lower eye lids. strange!!!...I had my first follow up 2 days ago , and doctor said that he is very happy and that I have to massage this little bags to go away. He said that is still early and he will see me in august ( at 6 weeks) again. I do see progress ,but I am not 100% happy with the results yet. I always remind myself that i should be thankful for not having major complications and that is better to be underdone then overdone. Did you have little eye bags at 3 weeks post op? Did it get better over time?
I noticed the fat going down in my undereyes at about 5 or 6 weeks post op but it could also have been a combination of the swelling subsiding as well.  I loved how they looked at first but I don't know that I would do another fat transfer in the future.  My eyes were so extra irritable for the first year, I am going to try some filler in the tear trough area especially since I just need a little filling done.  I am not sure about massaging the bags, I haven't heard about that-I actually didn't like messing w them or rubbing them much bc they were tender.  It did take a while for me to be happy with the uppers but I had kind of opposite feelings with my lowers, they looked great at first and then the fat slowly went down but I never got defined bags after ( did you see my eye surgery review?).  It does seem your lowers are better than pre op, maybe after a few months you could just get some filler where your bags meet your cheek to soften that edge if you still have it then.
I saw your review. Your eyes look amazing.WOW. I noticed that my looked the best around day 10th after surgery and that lasted till day 14th. After that, some small bags or swelling reappeared and I cannot say that i am happy. I see improvement ,but I just feel that I traded one set of eye bags for another. I still do compresses every day, sleep with 3 pillows , etc...hoping it will go away. Trying to stay positive!
Thanks, it was a big improvement but Asian eyelid surgery can be a bit more complicated and I have had to get some minor crease tightening procedures for my uppers in the last few years, just so you know that there are many cases that need small revisions-so don't lose hope!  It is best if you wait a while though until you heal up.  It's only been a month so you still have to give your eyes a chance to adjust to all the changes.  Try to focus on something else that you feel good about-I got some filler in my lips a week post op when I was feeling like I looked like Frankenstein and it helped distract me somewhat from obsessing about my eyes 24/7!  Maybe go get your hair done all nice or something else to pamper yourself:)
I will try that definitely:)))...tnx