My Knots Are Not Dissolving - Toronto, ON

I had surgery 3 weeks ago. Had a local anesthetic....

I had surgery 3 weeks ago. Had a local anesthetic..no problem. Post op..one Tylenol 3 & a Gravol when I got home and the pain was gone..never to return! bruising was minimal really...gone totally after 5 days

Love the look of my eyes, don't look grumpy and tired anymore.

Little set back for me is the dissolving sutures are still tight even after the end knots were removed pulled through and trimmmed after 7 days. What I still have are tiny hard 'balls', presumably from knots, on the outer and inner edges under the incision lines...from the first closure layer not the skin level closure.

I can hide them with make-up and I have been told that they will dissolve..and that I obviously take longer than most to dissolve them...Anyone else have this problem and do they really go away?? Any ideas how to speed things along as I am going away for a month in 2 weeks so removal is not an option at this point. The scars themselves are healing great:-(

I am in the med field and know that researching who is going to do you particular proceedures is most important. Some surgeons are good at different things. For instance..I would not have one surgeon doing a breast augmentation but would let him do another proceedure because I have seen his work. They all have proceddures that they are good at and not so good at..but will do it regardless for the $$...so you have to research their work and track record..even talk to past clients...if they are good at what you are asking for they have no problem letting you speak to othert clients if the other client is willing. On the other hand..not everyone is going to be happy...reagrdless...some people are never happy no matter what!

Welcome to RealSelf, Susie. What a strange situation with your sutures. Are you still having problems? You may also want to post on the Doctor Q&A Forum for some professional opinions. I'm wondering if the sutures are really dissolvable or if you should have them removed at this point?