Review of Neck Lift and Chin Reduction by Dr Marc DuPere at the Visage Clinic in Toronto

My name is Gianna Smith and I'm a 50 yr old...

My name is Gianna Smith and I'm a 50 yr old transgendered MTF who chose to have a neck lift and chin reduction at the Visage Clinic in Toronto. I am writing this review 5 weeks after the procedure.

I was first attracted to the Visage clinic after having read online reviews of Dr DuPere indicating, among other things, that he has the lowest incidence of patient complaints among cosmetic surgeons in Canada. I was also attracted by the fact that the Visage Clinic has a lot of experience with transgendered individuals. Another thing I noticed was that they were the first to contact me (within hours!) of all the clinics I sent inquiries to. Their prompt response played a role in my selection.

Joyce Palmer, Dr DuPere's chief-of-staff, was extremely warm and attentive to my concerns and I felt very welcomed right away. As with all surgeries there is a requirement for a prior physical exam but I happened to be without a GP at the time; Joyce went out of her way to help me with arranging my physical back here in Calgary even despite it being a last-minute thing.

Besides needing to have confidence in the skill of one's cosmetic surgeon, I also wanted to get a sense of Dr Dupere as a person. We arranged an online Skype consultation in which Dr DuPere and I discussed various treatment options. I found him to be very calm, kind, knowledgeable, and a very good listener. I felt very comfortable with him.

The surgery itself was performed at an extremely modern and well-equipped private facility in the heart of metro Toronto. Dr DuPere's surgical team was top-notch and I felt very safe and secure their hands. I stayed at a hotel in downtown Toronto for my recovery and followed up with two visits to the Visage Clinic over the subsequent week for check-up and stitch removal prior to my flying home to Calgary. As I was in the hotel over the weekend, both Dr Marc and Joyce even gave me their cell phone numbers in case I needed to contact them at any time, day or night, with any concerns. I felt very cared for and looked-after the whole time. The same is true of the entire staff at the Visage Clinic. Very warm and friendly.

In terms of the outcome I have to say I'm very, very happy and impressed with Dr DuPere's skills. I am complimented often on the work I had done. I love having my neck and jawline back! The choice to also have the chin reduction was definitely the right decision.

I was initially worried that having work done by a top-flight cosmetic surgeon in the heart of Toronto's fashion district was going to be prohibitively expensive but as it turns out, the final price tag for the double procedure was surprisingly affordable. For example, the quote for the same procedure from the well-known transgender surgeon in San Francisco (without mentioning names) was almost double. Again, the Visage clinic definitely turned out to be the right choice.

I look forward to having additional procedures and aesthetic work at the Visage Clinic in the future. They have my highest recommendation.
Toronto Plastic Surgeon

Excellent. Very good at what he does and has aesthetic sensibilities you can trust. A very kind and likable guy too. Very patient; despite my asking all kinds of annoying questions he answered them all patiently and meticulously.