Breast Cancer is Not for Me...- Toronto, ON

Being diagnosed in itself was awful but then when...

Being diagnosed in itself was awful but then when looking to the hospitals for reconstruction options, I left rejected and hopeless. By chance, I called Dr. Jugenburg's office and was dealt with in both a professional, as well as compassionate manner. I only had 13 days before I was to have my double mastectomy, so he saw me right away. He was very upfront, professional and confident in his demeanour. He gave me options where other doctors would not. He and his office staff took the time to greet me by name, and they answered my emails promptly. I had my reconstruction done at the same time as my double mastectomy, and all within the same timelines as if I'd done it in my hometown. My follow ups are brief but encouraging, and I am very pleased with my results. Because the reconstruction was done in tandem with the double mastectomy, my recovery and my confidence has returned much faster than if I'd have waited a year. My large scars are near invisible, and in my next follow up he's going to make any adjustments required to perfect the results. Needless to say, I am very pleased and have already recommended Dr. Jugenburg to other Breast Cancer Fighters out there like me!

Thanks so much for sharing your opinion about your doctor.

I would love to add your experience to the Breast Reconstruction community, but it would be helpful if you could provide some more detail about your experience with your procedure/treatment. I suggest adding pros and cons and/or before and after photos - optional of course, so that other community members can use your review as a guide through their journey.

Looking forward to your response so I can add your review to the Breast Reconstruction community.

Toronto Plastic Surgeon