27 Years Old, Small Implants - Toronto, ON

I am 5'4 and 110 lbs and currently wear a 32 a bra...

I am 5'4 and 110 lbs and currently wear a 32 a bra. I've had 2 consultations with my surgeon already and having the surgery in just a couple weeks ! I'm excited but nervous and, like many of you, am worried I chose the wrong size. After the breast exam my dr said that I couldn't go very big and recommended 250cc under muscle but I felt this was even too big when I tried on the sizers. I asked for a little smaller and we came up with 235 cc's (saline). I am a conservative, professional person and do not plan on telling anyone (aside from my boyfriend / best friend). Therefore, I did not want anything too obvious. I just want to feel more confident in my myself. I never let anyone, including my boyfriend, see me without a bra and generally feel self conscious in many tops. Anyone else have smaller implants or have a similar experience to me? Looking at photos it can be easy to jump to conclusions that I may have chosen the wrong size!

Pre op photos

9 days !

Well it's down to the single digits now- just 9 days until my BA! I'm so excited and nervous ! I'm getting everything prepared now and reading everyone else's prep lists. I find them really helpful! I wouldn't have thought to buy bendy straws, for example. Hopefully the recovery is smoothly. I do worry a little because a friend of mine had an awful recovery. But no pain , no gain I guess ! Words of encouragement are welcome ladies :) anyone who has gone through recovery , I would love to hear from you !!

One day pre op!

So I went for my pre op appointment this morning. Holy cow it's all getting real now!! Things went smoothly and they were really reassuring. I think I have everything prepared :/ I hope so anyway !! Any last minute suggestions !?

Yay! Finally done :)

I did it :) I'll tell you a little about my day!
I went to the pre op area and had to remove all of my clothing and put on a gown. I laid down and they put a warm blanket over me which was so nice. I was unbelievably nervous but opted to not take the anxiety med that was offered because I heard it prolongs the recovery time. The nurses came in and chatted with me and everyone was so nice ! The plastic surgeon then came in and drew some lines on me and examined me a little further. Once he left the anesthesiologist visited and was awesome. Got my iv first try and everything was easy. I then walked into the operating room which was so scary looking at first glance!! The nerves definitely went up then. The team as so nice, though, that I quickly become more comfortable. It's so cold in there so they tucked me in with another warmed blanket so that was nice. I remember my head getting "fuzZy" and that was that!!
I woke up a few hours later in recovery and there was a nurse there when I came to. I had no pain but lots of pressure. My throat felt so dry and sore from the tube. Then I became really quite nauseous. That part was terrible. They ran some gravol through my iv and that helped a lot :) I did find any movements I made did trigger nausea for the first hour or so. When I first stood up I was light headed, as to be expected I guess! The nurses wheeled me to the car and I got in fairly easily. Again, the nurses and team were so amazing.
My boyfriend helped me get situated on the couch and I had a lovely nap. I am still not feeling any pain! Just a ton of pressure on my chest. My boyfriend is being a wonderful nurse so I've been lucky to have great caregivers all day :) I can't post any pics yet but they will follow :)
I still cannot believe it's done. I have a band around my chest now but from what I can tell I think I am very happy with the size!! He went with 250cc and I think they will look great :)

One day post op

So I am not feeling as well as I was yesterday. I guess this the anaesthetic all worn off. I needed the pain killers and gravol overnight to sleep through the pain. That helped a lot. Still feeling really uncomfortable today. Can't do much for myself. My boyfriend has to help me going to the bathroom :/ awkward but he is taking such good care of me!! I can't wait to feel somewhat normal again because this is no fun!! But no pain , no gain ! I am still feeling great about my new girls :)

Day 3 post op

It's been a rough couple of days for me on recovery ! I've had quite a bit of pain and had to load up on the pain killers and sleep it off :/ no fun! I even had a weak moment of the boobie blues "did I do the right thing?" But my wonderful boyfriend quickly pepped talked me and I felt much better! I'm not sure what I would have done the past few days without him! :) anyways, I am just now feeling up to posting pics. They start from the day of the op to today (day 3)! I think I am going to like them once they have settled !

One week!

So it's hard to believe its one week since I went through with the surgery! I feel like I am coming around well now. I haven't had any pain meds in a couple days so that is good. I, too, stuffer from the dreaded morning boob and can't wait for that to go away. I do find my range of motion is better on my right side. Not sure if that has anything to do with being right handed. But the left side is a little more stiff. I got the go ahead for breast massages. Trying to do them but it still feels weird. I'm so not used to them. I look forward to feeling more normal soon.

10 days post op

2 weeks post op!

Hard to believe that it's been 2 weeks already! I am defiantely doing better and I am able to do most things for myself now. Thank goodness! My incisions are healing nicely and I am using a cream prescribed by my doctor to reduce scarring. I hope it works :) I will post pics later!
The only issue I am having is that my breasts and nipples are still a little numb feeling. It makes me nervous and I hope I get feeling back soon. Still feels weird to have these but I feel my body is adjusting more every day. I don't find "morning boob" bad at all now.
Anywho, I'll be posting my 2 week post op pics tonight. :)

2 weeks post op