27 Years Old, Small Implants - Toronto, ON

I am 5'4 and 110 lbs and currently wear a 32 a bra...

I am 5'4 and 110 lbs and currently wear a 32 a bra. I've had 2 consultations with my surgeon already and having the surgery in just a couple weeks ! I'm excited but nervous and, like many of you, am worried I chose the wrong size. After the breast exam my dr said that I couldn't go very big and recommended 250cc under muscle but I felt this was even too big when I tried on the sizers. I asked for a little smaller and we came up with 235 cc's (saline). I am a conservative, professional person and do not plan on telling anyone (aside from my boyfriend / best friend). Therefore, I did not want anything too obvious. I just want to feel more confident in my myself. I never let anyone, including my boyfriend, see me without a bra and generally feel self conscious in many tops. Anyone else have smaller implants or have a similar experience to me? Looking at photos it can be easy to jump to conclusions that I may have chosen the wrong size!

Pre op photos

9 days !

Well it's down to the single digits now- just 9 days until my BA! I'm so excited and nervous ! I'm getting everything prepared now and reading everyone else's prep lists. I find them really helpful! I wouldn't have thought to buy bendy straws, for example. Hopefully the recovery is smoothly. I do worry a little because a friend of mine had an awful recovery. But no pain , no gain I guess ! Words of encouragement are welcome ladies :) anyone who has gone through recovery , I would love to hear from you !!

One day pre op!

So I went for my pre op appointment this morning. Holy cow it's all getting real now!! Things went smoothly and they were really reassuring. I think I have everything prepared :/ I hope so anyway !! Any last minute suggestions !?

Yay! Finally done :)

I did it :) I'll tell you a little about my day!
I went to the pre op area and had to remove all of my clothing and put on a gown. I laid down and they put a warm blanket over me which was so nice. I was unbelievably nervous but opted to not take the anxiety med that was offered because I heard it prolongs the recovery time. The nurses came in and chatted with me and everyone was so nice ! The plastic surgeon then came in and drew some lines on me and examined me a little further. Once he left the anesthesiologist visited and was awesome. Got my iv first try and everything was easy. I then walked into the operating room which was so scary looking at first glance!! The nerves definitely went up then. The team as so nice, though, that I quickly become more comfortable. It's so cold in there so they tucked me in with another warmed blanket so that was nice. I remember my head getting "fuzZy" and that was that!!
I woke up a few hours later in recovery and there was a nurse there when I came to. I had no pain but lots of pressure. My throat felt so dry and sore from the tube. Then I became really quite nauseous. That part was terrible. They ran some gravol through my iv and that helped a lot :) I did find any movements I made did trigger nausea for the first hour or so. When I first stood up I was light headed, as to be expected I guess! The nurses wheeled me to the car and I got in fairly easily. Again, the nurses and team were so amazing.
My boyfriend helped me get situated on the couch and I had a lovely nap. I am still not feeling any pain! Just a ton of pressure on my chest. My boyfriend is being a wonderful nurse so I've been lucky to have great caregivers all day :) I can't post any pics yet but they will follow :)
I still cannot believe it's done. I have a band around my chest now but from what I can tell I think I am very happy with the size!! He went with 250cc and I think they will look great :)

One day post op

So I am not feeling as well as I was yesterday. I guess this the anaesthetic all worn off. I needed the pain killers and gravol overnight to sleep through the pain. That helped a lot. Still feeling really uncomfortable today. Can't do much for myself. My boyfriend has to help me going to the bathroom :/ awkward but he is taking such good care of me!! I can't wait to feel somewhat normal again because this is no fun!! But no pain , no gain ! I am still feeling great about my new girls :)

Day 3 post op

It's been a rough couple of days for me on recovery ! I've had quite a bit of pain and had to load up on the pain killers and sleep it off :/ no fun! I even had a weak moment of the boobie blues "did I do the right thing?" But my wonderful boyfriend quickly pepped talked me and I felt much better! I'm not sure what I would have done the past few days without him! :) anyways, I am just now feeling up to posting pics. They start from the day of the op to today (day 3)! I think I am going to like them once they have settled !

One week!

So it's hard to believe its one week since I went through with the surgery! I feel like I am coming around well now. I haven't had any pain meds in a couple days so that is good. I, too, stuffer from the dreaded morning boob and can't wait for that to go away. I do find my range of motion is better on my right side. Not sure if that has anything to do with being right handed. But the left side is a little more stiff. I got the go ahead for breast massages. Trying to do them but it still feels weird. I'm so not used to them. I look forward to feeling more normal soon.

10 days post op

2 weeks post op!

Hard to believe that it's been 2 weeks already! I am defiantely doing better and I am able to do most things for myself now. Thank goodness! My incisions are healing nicely and I am using a cream prescribed by my doctor to reduce scarring. I hope it works :) I will post pics later!
The only issue I am having is that my breasts and nipples are still a little numb feeling. It makes me nervous and I hope I get feeling back soon. Still feels weird to have these but I feel my body is adjusting more every day. I don't find "morning boob" bad at all now.
Anywho, I'll be posting my 2 week post op pics tonight. :)

2 weeks post op

You are tiny like me!! Yay! I'm trying to find a doctor and a price that will be suitable for me. Who is your surgeon? They look great! Keeps me hopeful .. I'm finding it really confusing to find the right doctor and what size would work for my body type. Glad to hear everything went well :)
Looking really great! Glad to hear you're feeling well and I hope the numbness subsides. I have feeling everywhere, but it doesn't feel like me exactly yet. Does that make sense? Like I feel when I touch them but the sensation isn't quite right. Hopefully the nerves heal themselves well. Take care!
Hi Tempewick! Yes I know exactly what you mean. I can't wait for the girls to feel like they are mine. They still seem so foreign to me but I am getting more used to them everyday. I hope the numbness goes away. I've read that in rare cases the feeling never returns. I just hope that's not me :( but I've read some reassuring reviews on here from surgeons who say it's normal at 2 weeks to still feel that way. So phew. I am so thankful I have this site to calm my nerves ha ha. Hope your healing process is going well still :) xo
I still don't have full feeling yet either and I'm 3 weeks post op. Can't wait to feel normal!
I'm glad I'm not the only one! I can't wait to feel normal either. Hope that happens soon for the both of us :)!
They look great! Thanks for sharing :)
Thanks :)
Looking good! I can see it is starting to drop! How are you doing?
Yes I think they are doing well! I've stopped wearing the strap now. But my doc says sports bras for a couple of months. Boo ! I'm doing well though. I am back to work now and I am impressed with my recovery thus far. I do find that the top part of my breasts are so tender from the strap still and so it makes it difficult to try and massage. So I have not been doing that really. I hope that's okay :/ my doctor says to massage when I am comfortable doing so.
Yay congrats! I'm barely a 32A and am in the size rut right now since I'm only 4'9". Best of luck to you and please keep us posted :)
I find the 250 cc's to be on the big size ! I was afraid I was choosing too small. The cc's look different on different people, of course :) have you gone to a consult with a PS yet?
I have not gone yet, but hopefully soon! :D Two of my friends who are just a little taller than I am went to the same surgeon and they went pretty big, like D/DD I think. I definitely would not be able to do that ha
Good luck with your first consult :) listen to your PS about size but also go with your gut feeling ! If you need any information along that way that I can help with just let me know ! I'm one week post op tomorrow! Can't believe it!
Thank you! Have you ever seen the movie Clue? I watched it last night and through the whole thing kept thinking [referring to the maid] "OMG HER BOOBS ARE AWESOME" but I probably shouldn't go that big ha. Yes yes happy healing :D
Hi Angie! I've heard that days 2 and 3 can be the worst of it before turning the corner. I took an Oxy over night but I'm trying to switch to Tylenol today. Still taking the muscle relaxers every 6 hours for the tightness and pressure, along with my anti-biotics and recovery vitamins. It's frustrating not to be able to lift my arms, so I'm thankful for a tall husband. He also had to help me pull up my shorts yesterday. :) Continued wishes for happy healing!!
I don't have any muscle relaxer to take. Just Atasol 30s and antibiotics. The tightness and stiffness sucks. The pain has gone down. It was at its worst last night. I will be thankful when I get back to "normal" or even somewhat normal lol. Happy healing to you too. Keep me posted
Yes these first few days have been awful, to be honest. My pain level was almost a 10 last night. It was unbearable. I took as much medication as I was allowed and slept for hours tho, thank goodness. This morning I do find I have more range of movement in my arms. But the tightness and pressure is still uncomfortable- as to be expected I guess ! Hopefully it's good from here on out !! I'm so ready to get back to myself now ! :)
I'm so ready for that too! Limited range of motion really stinks. Everything you do becomes such a chore. Reaching to get a glass from the cupboard is a five step process ;) Are you ready to post any pictures yet?
I hear you! And I just posted my post op pics finally. Had a rough few days :/
Congrats! I also recently had my BA on the 7th. I can't wait for the bandages come off either. Hope your recovery goes well! Best of luck!
Yay isn't it such a relief when it's all said and done! Looking forward to pictures!!
Yay! Glad everything went well and hope your recovery goes well! It's awesome having boobies! :)
Awesome!! Looking forward to being recovery twins with you, too! :)
Definitely !! It's good to have people to chat with who are going through the exact same thing :) let me know how you are doing !! Take care xo
Good luck for tomorrow! Can't wait to see your results!