Asian Rhinoplasty - Undecided on Implant – Toronto, ON

I am a 24 year old from the Philippines and I have...

I am a 24 year old from the Philippines and I have decided to get rhinoplasty done (which I have booked for August 2013). I am still undecided on what kind of implant to use. I have heard many pros and cons about a silastic implant, and more pros if I were to use a goretex implant. I have a small nose with no bridge at all. The doctor I have chosen has told me that goretex is a more popular choice, while silastic has great, but unnatural results. I am undecided, because if I were to use goretex and then after the result my expectation was received, then surely, I will be dissappointed in the outcome. I am leaning more towards the silastic implant, because if I have a medium ranged expectation, but the results are higher than expected, then of course I would be happy. I am discouraged to go this route, because of all the risks and problems that I might experience in the future like infection or extrusion..

I would like feedback from doctors stating which implant they prefer, and if silastic implant, if they've experienced problems along the road.

From the patient's point of view, I would like feedback on the type of implant chosen, and if there are any problems, concerns and any suggestions you may have.

Thank you for starting your story on RealSelf. Here's what some doctors say about the different sorts of implants commonly used in rhinoplasty. I hope you get some RealSelf member feedback as well.

Please use this space to keep us updated on your journey (kind of like a diary or journal). We'd love to follow along.

Good luck and please let us know what you decide!