Asian Upper Eyelid Surgery - Toronto, ON

I had always suffered from a complex with my eyes...

I had always suffered from a complex with my eyes since childhood. They were terribly asymmetrical; my right eye was much smaller and was "droopy". In order to even them out, I would spend countless mornings in front of the mirror trying to even them out with copious amounts of eyeliner, eyeshadow, and mascara, with not much success. Finally, at the age of 36 I decided to fix the issue and went to several well-known plastic surgeons before deciding on Dr. Colin Hong. My results are absolutely fantastic! I am only 2.5 weeks post-op and am thrilled with the results already. There has been minimal swelling and the incisions are healing well.

I had full incision with medial epicanthoplasty as well as ptosis correction to my right eye. Dr. Hong is truly an artist. He gave me the most beautiful eyes and I cannot wait to see the final results in the future. Putting on makeup has been a breeze -- from an hour every morning to 20 MINUTES!! No more sleepy-looking eyes with tons of black goo on them...just bright and lively eyes that look alert and refreshed.

I asked for medium parallel creases that were not too deep -- and that was exactly what I got. I was initially very anxious about the surgery, but I felt confident trusting my eyes to Dr. Hong. He is honest and sincere. He made sure I had realistic expectations and put my fears to rest. I am so glad that I chose him as my surgeon and would not hesitate for a second to recommend him to anyone wanting to have this procedure done.

All of my friends and family tried to convince me to go back to South Korea to have my eyes done, but after seeing my results, they told me that my eyes were a lot more prettier than many that flew overseas to have their surgeries.

If you would like to see my photos,please feel free to PM me.
hey... do you have any pictures? before and afters would be awesome!
Thanks for sharing on RealSelf.  I'm glad you got the results you wanted- we'd love to see some before and after pics!

Ewa after 4 weeks

This was at 4 weeks - very happy with the shape but I'm having issues with scarring in the inner corners where I had epi. I was warned that this is an area that is easily scarred. I seem to have scars running internally that is causing indents in the inner corners. Will post more pics soon of those, but for now here are my eyes before the epi scars appeared. I was still swollen but they looked great. Overall very happy with the surgery. Just kind of wished that I had listened to those who warned my about epi and scar issues.
Toronto Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Hong's bedside manner is impeccable. There wasn't any kind of "upselling" or pressure tactics. He listened to what I wanted to achieve and made sure that my expectations of the final results were realistic. Not only does he possess the skills and precision of an experienced plastic surgeon, but also knows what is aesthetically-pleasing to the eye and gave me very natural results. His staff, especially his team of nurses -- they are the best. Thank you Dr. Hong and staff!