Came out Looking Like a Snake - Toorak, Victoria, AU

Now almost 10 years later I came across this site...

Now almost 10 years later I came across this site while looking for a doctor who may be able to repair the damage done by this man. In short I went in for a temporal brow lift, he decided he would fix my eyelids (without any signed permission) & announced post op that he had given me a free procedure!
I don't know what went on while I was under but I've been told he must have taken too much skin from the upper eyelids & tried to fix the problem of inadequate eyelid closure by tightening the lower eyelid. This resulted in my outer lower eyelids meeting the uppers at sharp angles, reducing the size of my eyes dramatically & giving me a shifty snake like appearance. I had a hematoma under one eye & his nurse told me he'd performed a lower bleph but he denied it & they refused to send me records of notes. I was so traumatised I locked myself away for 6 months & even now won't allow any photos & can't stand to see my reflection. People who knew me before don't recognise me & my family was devastated. He altered not only my appearance but my life as I no longer have the confidence I once had. I can only guess that during my consultations he probably got his notes mixed up because he kept interrupting to take personal phone calls from his daughter. He may have a Toorak address but he's certainly not professional!

I am so very sorry. I had similar experience by doctor who performed a coronal browlift on me without any consent. It's ruined my face and hairline, and pretty much my life. I can relate. Have you considered getting it reversed in any way. Hugs to you and thank you for sharing so we can get the word out about this brutal and unnatural looking results procedure. Agree it should be outlawed.
Thank you for sharing your experience on RealSelf!
I'm so sorry! I know how you feel. I look ok but I'm miserable. I pray everyday to have my life back! When are they going to out law brow lifts!

Snakey pics

I've finally found a few old photos to illustrate why I call myself snake eyes although I probably should have posted this on the appropriate eye surgery page. However the crafty appearance I now have came about as a result of both a Temporal lift & eye manipulation. The slightest angle alteration of the upper or lower lids can so easily change one's expression which affect others' perception of your personality! I try not to smile in photos because that's when I look really scary & I wear glasses most of the time although I don't need them-even had a prescription pair made up with normal glass! The before & after photos I've posted (some are pretty grainy) illustrate the difference in the angle of the eyes which in turn affects the expression & although I'd had a Bleph many years prior with not the best result, the shape hadn't been affected & that makes all the difference.

do you think you can go to Korea and get a reconstruction? could be there is hope. do your research with reputable Korean plastic surgeon(s), if you will? it might be different with Caucasian but maybe those Korean surgeons can do wonders..
I saw Mendelson in 88 and decided he wasn't for me, he must be in his 70's now, however when in the Mercy having another op the nurses were telling me about this amazing plastic surgeon and how meticulous he was. His name is Tony Holmes and I think he is in East Melbourne but quick google will find him. Another from this site is Howard Webster in Hawthorn East, but make sure he specialize in faces, as they all have their area of expertise. Pluck up the courage and go for a consultation and see what can be done. Webster was offering a free consultation awhile back if you mentioned this site. All the best.
I am sorry to read your experience. I have been thinking of a half face lift and eye lift. I cancelled my appt last Dec and have been reconsidering, not sure to now. I did find one of his girls indifferent and that put me off. Not his nurse, she was personable. I wish there was a register with good surgeons listed somewhere.
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon