"49 Year Old Female - Lower Face Lift and Eyelid Surgery" - Melbourne, AU

In 2008 I investigated facial surgery. In 2014 I...

In 2008 I investigated facial surgery. In 2014 I finally took steps to rectify issues I had; I regret not doing it sooner as it is clearly age preventative from the moment it's performed, however, I have absolutely no regrets in doing it. I required a full month off from work to recover from this surgery. I had a Lower Face Lift and Eyelid Surgery.

I had with quite lax neck skin that had visible slight vertical crease lines in it, and I had a noticeable pouch of fat under my chin. I would notice my lax neck skin more so when I went to the hairdresser as the cape was placed snuggly around my neck, it would accentuate my issue more and I would cringe looking at it. I thought to myself, "I do not want a turkey neck by the time I'm 60, nor a double chin". Further, I had not worn eyeshadow for so many years as my eyelid was almost completely covered by lax eye skin. Having had eyelid surgery, I now wear a fantastic gold eyeshadow almost daily, just loving my eyes again.

Although not a heavy smoker, I stopped smoking prior to my surgery. I chose not to drink alcohol for at least one month post-surgery and continued to not smoke. My initial healing has been slightly above average and continues to improve.

I am so much more confident in myself; have overcome my issues and I love my face. I am so glad I chose “Dr Magnificent”, as I tend to call him, and his wonderful team. Thank you to you all!
Congrats on quitting smoking and on your good results. Would love to see your photos!
Hear hear, I agree.
Thanks Angie!

Photos

These are my current photos, I shall update in a month's time with my own selfies of progress; it's quite interesting to watch the daily changes. Cheers :) & Feelin Great!!
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Dr Bryan Mendelson, "Dr Magnificent" as I call him, is a truly remarkable man. I was comfortable with Dr Mendelson the moment I met him. I watched him as he studied my face, and his comments to me as he did so were delivered in a caring, re-assuring manner. He made me feel very positive about the outcome of the surgery I was undertaking, being able to show me what he intended to do and discussing the surgery with me as I held a hand mirror. I wasn’t apprehensive or anxious anymore, I was now excited. When Dr Magnificent left his consulting room, momentarily, I scanned his room for his credentials and anything I could see at a glance that could tell me about the man I am allowing to alter my face. I was so impressed by what I saw in that room. Dr Mendelson has wonderful staff on-board who display a high level of professionalism, with the same caring nature as he. I felt so enthusiastic each time I knew I had an upcoming appointment with Dr Mendelson or his clinic staff, both before and after surgery. I have gained so much self-confidence from my experience. As I write, I am at the four month post-surgery stage and every day that passes there is marked improvement; it’s great to watch.