Best Decision I Have Ever Made - Toorak - Melbourne, AU

Having lost 90 kilos I was left with an abundance...

Having lost 90 kilos I was left with an abundance of excess skin all over my body, not least of all on my face, and as a consquence lived the life of a recluse for the better part of 6 years. Having consulted with a number of Melbourne based cosmetic surgeons, all of whom were only interested in performing procedures that were temporary in comparison to other viable methods of cosmetic enhancement, I finally made contact with Dr Mendelson and spoke with him, at length, about my life and the challanges I still faced.

I was 23 years of age and had a sagging neck, laxity to the lower eye lids due to low bone density in my cheeks, a heavy brow and a narrowed jawline. I felt revolting and always wore a hooded jumper so I could hide from view if it all got too much for me; and it often did.

It sounds like you had a great experience! Thank you for sharing on RealSelf. We'd love to see your before and after photos so we can witness your transformation!
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Dr Mendelson listened attentively as I spoke and made me feel entirely comfortable which I did not expect as my previous experiences with cosmetic surgeons were not as encouraging and left me feeling flat and uncertain. From that very first consultation I knew Bryan was the surgeon for me and I felt relieved that I had finally made contact with such a wonderful man who had the skill, passion and empathy to want to help this young man regain his life back, or better still, give him a life he had not known and only ever dreamt of living. I wish to make it emphatically clear, that at no time did Bryan take advantage of my situation, nor did he exploit my situation as a means for self indulgence or professional gain. Bryan is a professional of the utmost calibre with a skill for absolute excellence and that is evident to all who engage him, I believe. I first underwent the mid face lift, neck lift, application of hydroxyapatite to my cheek and jaw bones and a softening of the brow and nose in 2009. In 2011, I again had scar revision surgery in correlation with a further application of hydroxyapatite underneath my nasolabial folds to soften the crease and between ones eyes to lightly build up that particular area of my face which was lacking in density. I remain in continued consultation with Dr Mendelson and cannot recommend him or his wonderful team highly enough. If it's the best you're after, then Bryan Mendelson is the surgeon for you! - Ryan