Juvederm Exacerbated My Depression and Caused Me to Develop BDD (Body Dysmorphic Disorder) - Tonbridge, GB

Although I had Juvederm injected into my...

Although I had Juvederm injected into my nasolabial folds over a year ago, the two lumps that formed because of it have not disappeared. I'm now always looking at my reflection, obsessing over these lumps. I avoid socialising completely. I don't look people in the face when they talk to me because I try and hide my face by looking right down or to the side because I hate the way I look now, which of course comes across as being rude. I didn't know what had caused the lumps at first until I spoke to my GP. After visiting the GP, I contacted the place where I'd had my Juvederm treatment and they said they offered Hyaluronidase Injections - which would dissolve the Juvederm, however I had completely lost trust in them and decided not to go back and risk them sticking more needles in my face only to make things worse. Since I made that decision I considered going elsewhere for the Hyaluronidase injection but after reading other peoples bad personal experiences with it online I decided against that too. I was told Juvederm would last 6-9 months and now, because it's still evident in my face 15 months later, I fear the lumps won't dissolve naturally and that they will be permanent unless I get the Hyaluronidase injections which could make things worse.
Skin & Laser Clinic

A similiar thing happened to me as well. Instead of lumps though I have developed this bluish weird tint on my cheeks from using Juvaderm. I will never use this product again. It has destroyed my confidence and I have become completely obssessed with it. I thought about getting it dissolved too but opted against it because of all the bad reviews. I didn't want to make things any worse. I am now 6 months into this and was told it could stay this way for another 6-8 months. I also suffer from BDD and this waiting game is horrible. I just take each day at a time and try and tell myself this is only temporary. Just wanted you to know that you are not alone. There are many others that have had bad results too and hopefully have learned from it.
When I was first considering getting Juvederm done I would have read comments like these and just thought "nah, won't happen to me" because I wanted to achieve the same positive outcome that so many had actually gotten - shown in the (not photoshopped?) Before & After photos. I can relate to your experience and I'm sorry you are having to go through this. I still don't know if the lumps will eventually just dissolve on their own (despite taking their bloody time about it)..

Thanks for sharing.  At this point would you consider getting the Juvederm dissolved, or are you content to continue waiting it out?

'content' is not a word I would use. I haven't been at all content during the months I've been waiting for the juvederm to dissolve naturally. Turns out patience is not a virtue. I am doing research into getting it dissolved but I still feel reluctant because the Hyaluronidase can make things worse.

You are right, "content" is not the right word.  I hope you let us know what you decide to do.  Thinking of you!