Best Decision EVER! - TLC Albany, NY

Had my PRK custom front wave surgery done on both...

Had my PRK custom front wave surgery done on both eyes beginning of June. The surgery was quick and absolutely painless. I did not have pain at any point afterwards, not even the predicted feeling of scratchy eyes from the contacts. They felt fine all the way.
I am healing super good and after six weeks I was at 20/20. I was not able to read fine print for about four weeks and the eyes would quickly get tired, but a little nap and eye drops always did the trick.
I would do it in a heartbeat again. I am healing picture perfect, everything goes after plan and I am expected to be at 10/20 in four weeks. No halo, no glare, no pain at any point. Love my new sight and you could pay me good money, I would not want to go back to wearing glasses!

Forgot some things to mention

I wore glasses for 30 years and was nearsighted. - 3.75, - 3.5 and Astigmatismn. PRK took care of my nearsightess and the Astigmatismn.
I did everything the doctor told me to do and everything went so smooth. I did not have any pain, not even the slightest headaches and I was only for one day light sensitive, but wearing sunglasses indoors and laying on the couch took care of it. I only had minor eyelid swelling which improved within hours.
After the surgery I did not see sharp and I did not have the "oh wow, I can see! " moment.
The first four weeks small print was kind of tough, PC work tired your eyes really out but you see constant improvement. I only took twice two steps back for a day and then it went forward again.
All in all it was a really cool progress to witness and every day is exciting. Was and still is.

I was a candidate for Lasik AND PRK but Lasik was never on my mind. I would not have done Lasik and I don't regret my decision at all.
This is seriously the best thing I have ever done and it really "is" life changing! I love every day with my new vision and I am so grateful for it.

The surgery really was not bad and not worth the anxiety before and trust me, I was a chicken too. There is really nothing to it.
Listen to the instructions of the doctor before, during and after surgery, have a good attitude and rest some afterwards and you will be fine.
I did not need any assistance at home at all. I am happy to answer questions if there are any.

Add on to "contact lenses"

I wore the protective contact lenses for four days and I swear, these were the most comfortable contacts I have ever worn! I did not feel it when the doctor put them in after surgery and they felt sooo smooth. They never got dry or itchy. My epithelium was closed again after four days.

Three months afterwards...

Had my final check up today, the 3 month follow up. Both eyes have perfectly healed. Quote from the doctor:" your eyes have healed perfectly. So perfectly that somebody who doesn't know that you had surgery, would be able to tell."

My eyes are both 20/15 and feel so good! My sight is crisp, clean and my eyes feel so fresh, not tired and sticky like wearing contact lenses.
I can read perfectly in the distance and super well close up ( reading a book, piano notes etc.) watching TV is fine, working on the PC is fine, driving at night is fine. Never had halo or glare.
I just don't get tired of this new vision, really.

Everything was so perfect today that I was discharged as a patient. As long as I see a doctor who is affiliated with TLC once a year I have lifetime guarantee.
Albany Ophthalmologist

Very professional and calming mannerism, felt very comfortable with him.

Can you share why you opted for PRK and didn't even want to consider Lasik? (It seems like many of the PRK candidates were upset not to be able to get Lasik, so I find your choice interesting.)
Sure. I opted for PRK because it is less invasive to the eye. It does not require cutting and does not leave a flap. No flap means no possible complications that could potentially come with it. Plus the thought of having some laser cut a flap in my eye just freaked me out and still does. With PRK your eye will heal back naturally. I would not have done Lasik even though I qualified for it.

I second that. I'm considering PRK over Lasik for the same reason. Of course, everyone is different, but I personally choose the longer healing time over the cut in the flap.