Life changer! - Plymouth, MN

The last few weeks have been very overwhelming. I...

The last few weeks have been very overwhelming. I have not considered having breast reduction because it was something that I could not afford. Since this is an elective surgery, I never thought insurance coverage was a possiblity. I am just starting this journey and if my insurance does not cover the surgery, unfortunately I will not be going any further. I hate to get my hopes up at this point because I don't want the let down. After reading so many posts in the forum, I don't feel as bad as some women. I'm currently a 40DDD and can buy bras off the rack. I can't imagine being E, F, G or H.

Another week has passed with no word from BCBS. I...

Another week has passed with no word from BCBS. I don't know if that's a good or bad sign. The waiting is the worse part and I've convinced myself that they will deny so I'm not so disappointed. One good thing, I had my first mammogram and everything came back normal. So if I've gotten anything out of this, it was that.

It's like a dream come true! My insurance company...

It's like a dream come true! My insurance company has approved my procedure and I have surgery scheduled for December 26th. I think I'm still in the shocked stage and haven't really thought about what this involves. I will have a whole month to worry!

Can't wait to start running again. My goal is to...

Can't wait to start running again. My goal is to lose 50 pounds after the reduction. Personal goal - run in a half marathon in August 2013.

Well, here I am 13 days post-op. I NEVER thought...

Well, here I am 13 days post-op. I NEVER thought this would happen and now that it has, what a great thing! All the pain and discomfort is so worth it, even this early in the game. I have never been this happy with my body even though I'm overweight and need to work on that. This reduction just gives me a whole new outlook on my life & health. I've hidden behind my big boobs so much that it began to define me. Wear big sloppy sweatshirts and no one will notice. Well, life has changed!!

My surgery was uneventful. I went to a same day surgery center where it is their business to get you in & out as soon as possible. I seriously do not remember leaving the building I was still so out of it. I remember throwing up in the recovery room but that's about it. My husband was with me and answered most of the questions for me. Putting my clothes back on was a challenge. There was time on the ride home that I thought "what did I get myself into?" but no regrets now. I would say that I am healing very well. Still have swelling when I do to much with my arms. Yesterday was my first day back at work and I cried on the way home because my right boob was so swollen & hot. Today I'm taking it easy and feel much better. Tomorrow at work, I will try very hard to not push myself to get caught up. I vacuumed 1 room in my house today and took down my Christmas tree. Just need to remember it doesn't all have to be done right away.

It has been wonderful to read all the advice and reviews. However, everyone is different and don't expect things to happen to you that have happened to someone else. Listen to your doctor and take it slow, that is the key. I had no choice but go back to work this soon but have to remember that supper may not get made by me when I get home. Luckily its just my husband & myself so the only one out is him! He has been so good and understanding.

I had my 1 month appointment today and have been...

I had my 1 month appointment today and have been given the go ahead to light exercising, no longer have to sleep in a bra and can start the scar treatments. The PS was very happy with my progress and admitted to me that she was worried about me going back to work so early. I still have swelling in my righty but no fluid so no worries. My left nipple still has 2 bad spots that are pusy but should be clearing up soon. She thinks I'm a D cup and thanks to the lipo I should be a 38 band size. I see her again in 3 months and hope I have some weight off by then. I've posted new pictures of a bra I got today. A 38D and not coming out of it! So happy!

I had my 1 month appointment today and have been...

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

I was referred to her from the first doctor I saw, Jennifer Harrington. I found Dr. Harrington on the internet. I had my first consulation on October 23rd with Dr. Harrington, who then had Dr. K come and look at me. Dr. Harrington seemed to think that Dr. K's newer procedure would give me better results. Not sure how I felt about being "handed off" to another surgeon but Dr. K seems very nice and capable.

Hello. I'm curious on insurance approval, had your daughter had documentation of neck, shoulder problems due to siZe of breast? I have BCBS too and never had documentation by doc but after losing 85 lbs see that these girls didn't shrink any and remain DDD. Would love ins to cover reduction but sounds like they require a lot of documentation of complications requiring the reduction. Congratulations on your reduction it looks great.
Looking great :-)
Congratulations! Oh to be a D!!! Our before size looks similar, hoping PS can get me to a D! Thanks for sharing your story!
You look so good. I can tell you must be over the moon with happiness. Your size is a good match for you and you must feel so good about yourself.
Thanks! I am a lot happier person now but have to lose weight. My PS left me bigger because I told her I wanted to lose 50 pounds. I don't even care if my breasts shrink also.
I know what you mean. Now the best part of me is my boobs and the rest is Yuk. Lots of exercise in my future..
good news!
You look great!!!
Looking fantastic. Congratulations!!!
Looking great!
You are looking great! Keep taking it slow. I had to go back to work 10 days post op and it was very hard...I just made sure when I got home I took it real easy the rest of the day. Happy healing to you!
Thanks, Toby! Today was a lot better although I did swell up again.
Lookin good! Looks like your nipples are healing up and maybe some scabs /glue have fallen off?
Thanks, babydeer! My right nipple is completely healed with no separations and my left is a lot better than it was. I see today that I do have some yucky spots around the left nipple. My incisions underneath are great! The glue is still hanging on and I've been very good about leaving it alone. No signs of any separation.
Bra looks good. I noticed your lipo incisions are way up high. That's got to hurt there. Mine are lower down by the breasts. Its like he kept going from the side of the breast.
Actually that isn't from the lipo. I asked to have the auxiliary breast tissue removed during the reduction. If you look at my before pictures you can see the extra tissue under my arms. I have always hated that and thought it was just fat. My PS told me at my first consultation that she was going to do lipo also. I just assumed that meant it would be gone. It wasn't until my pre-op that she told me that it wasn't fat but displaced breast tissue. The only way to remove it was through separate incisions. It isn't considered part of the reduction so hope insurance covers it! insurance covers it!
Sorry about, but still that has to add to the discomfort. Keep healing and smiling!
Congratulations
How did your surgery go? How are you feeling? Can't wait to read your updates.
Congrats Lucy welcome to recovery x
Congrats! What a wonderful Christmas present for you!!
Thanks! My husband asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I said NEW BOOBS! Guess I'm getting my wish!
congratulations. My boob hurt just looking at yours. I was a 32 HJK whatever they could put me in. Do not think you deserve this any less. However be prepared to REST for a long time and heal. I think you will love the lack of pain in your life to come.
Thanks!
Congratulations!!! Your surgery will be exactly 1 month after mine. You are lucky that you could find a bra off of the rack. I'm a 34DDD and could never find my size off the rack. Ordered on line or went to Fredericks of Hollywood. I'm exicted for your journey. The wait is hard, but this site is so helpful in answering questions that may come to mind.