Super excited to be going to Pantoja! Thought...

Super excited to be going to Pantoja! Thought about Yily, but after much thought and research on the DR I decided it was not worth the risk. Too many things to worry about. So Pantoja it is! I had lapband surgery in mexico a couple years back, and had a wonderful experience. Not to mention the US hospitals are just across the border should my recovery be a bad one! LOL so I am 29 mother of 4 little ones, I stand at 5'0" and currently weight is about 180. I just got my lapband adjusted and I'm already dropping the pounds. Hope to be closer to 150 or 160 by my surgery date. Also started doing my insanity workout. To anyone trying to lose weight or get in shape, I highly recommend insanity. Extremely hard workouts and man do I sweat like crazy and get my heart rate up way quicker then anything I have ever done. So I will post some before pics before I go under and post op pics during the recovery process. Hopefully ill be a good example of how amazing pantoja is!
I think we all wish for that type of body lol..

This is where i started

So i took these about 3 weeks ago, before i started exercising and eating extremely healthy! Lol so far i have lost 9 pounds. Hopefully i can get down to between 150 and 160 by my surgery date! I keep going back and fourth about whether i should get a
BBL or not. I was kind of hoping once my tummy is flatter my butt would look better. But in my pics i noticed my butt cheeks are not very round and uneven. But not sure i want to be dealing with tummy tuck and BBL recovery at the same time. Decisions, decisions. Lol

butt would look better i
Lol, yes !

10 lbs gone! yay! working so hard and totally motivated!

need to stay on track!

Im so excited. And as for the wish pics lol im over it. I would love to have results like yours. And your waist will be even smaller once all the swelling goes away! Now just. add some boobies and i would happy!! And yes please me posted on when going get your boobs done. We are can definitely go together!! YAY TEAM PANTOJA!!
Hey girly. I saw your wish pics. I had some too but were not realistic to my body. Though I would love to look like those pics, I want you to know that ideally it may/may not come out like that the first time. But for me, I'm not sure if I'd do round two for lipo....and bbl if I wanted a fatter bubble butt. From what I've seen, lipo is a harder recovery BUT we will see. You and I came a long way. I had lapband in 2009- but revision to vertical sleeve in 2012. Which now I know I reached goal at 150 / 5'3. It all depends on our body shape and how are bodies recover. From looking at your pre op pics, the contouring is going to be great. Maybe we can go together for our boobies. I can't wait to see you beautiful results. Youre in great hands with Dr P.
Hey Teena! Good luck on everything! You are in great hands!

Darn potlucks at work!!

Wow it seems every couple of days we have something to celebrate here at work. Retirement, birthday...... etc! So much yummy extremely high calorie food all around me! OMG come on will power, time to kick in! Stay away from the cookies and cake!! Lol

pantoja is amazing!

I have been seeing so many of dr. P's patients lately with absolutely AMAZING results. Its almost hard to believe that he can actually do what he does! I cant wait to see what he can do with me! Hurry up September!! I'm soooo ready!!
That offer was sweet! I will be in the US, but I will be following your journey!

Vegas, not so good for my diet!

Well doesnt look like i lost anything this last week. Very bad idea to do Vegas for 4 days! Ok pantoja girls, do you think i will have good results at my current weight?? I am getting full body (not tummy) aggressive lipo and extended tummy tuck????

Hmmm, wondering what i should expect from all this!

Road block!!!

Ok so apparently there has been so miscommunication between Nadia and me. I thought i was doing one procedure and she thought i was chosing to do something else. Sooooo now my original date wont work! OMG! i hope we can work it out soon. I am very limited on the time frame i can be out of work. And i wanted to take a full 4 weeks. So worried!

BBL IT IS!!

Well i wasnt sure if i wanted it or not, but since i have a lot of fat in my back , arms and thighs..... i figure i might as well use it rather then waist it! Lol plus my hubby is an ass man, im sure he misses my post pregnancy ass! So i know he will be happy.

3 WEEKS!!!

Wow I only have 3 more weeks to go!! I am extremely nervous, but super excited as well!!
just found your page while commenting on anothers. you are so funny! good luck on your journey. i too battle the struggles of work related celebrations and bad for you food! the trick that i use that works really well is when the cake or food comes around is i scowl, pout, and they say "i cant but thank you so much, i have the worst stomach ache right now..." works pretty much every time! lol cant wait to see your after pics : )
Yeah Im just being a big baby, everyone here at work have been so supportive and try not to offer me any sweets. But what can i say, i love sweets and bad carbs! Lol so i always feel cheated when im trying to lose pounds! Haha
We now have the same date. Best wishes! 2 weeks!

two weeks!!!

Wow i cant believe its just right around the corner! Started doing zumba at night, and still doing the insanity thing (not faithfully)!! So hopefully at least another 10 pounds by sx date!
lol i hear you on that! im on nutrisystem so people pretty much know not to ask me too much to indulge. i say to them i love food but i want to love my reflection in the mirror more lmao

drained after surgery??

So I am trying to figure out if I will be good with only getting drained during a massage once. I plan to leave back home after my two day stay at Dr. P clinic, and will get one massage and get drained right before I go. Then I will get regular lymphatic massages here at home until I return two weeks later to dr. P for removal of drains and stitches where I will get another one done. I cant seem to find anyone hear in cali that can drain me. Does anyone know of anyone?
Yeah I cant wait until I can look in the mirror without sucking in my gut and lifting my tummy skin to try and inagine what I would look like without my gut!!! Lol but that day is almost here! Cant wait!

zumba is working good!

So i been doing Zumba in the morning and the night. It seems to be working great on my tights and ass. Im hoping i will be ok with how my ass looks and just pass on the BBL. I really just want him to focus on the lipo and ETT. I want to be as small as he can possibly make me! Lol i know if i really put some effort into working out my legs and ass they would look good.......... im just lazy sometimes! Haha

correction to above!

Wow! Cant believe how many typos i keep making! I meant to say THIGHS and ass! Lol not such a good idea to update from my phone.

want to fit this again!

So I was able to fit this on my honeymoon in hawaii. If anything, I just hope I will look good in this again after my surgery.

I would never wear this in public!

I bet you will get back in that bathing suit and look good in it!! We don't have long now!! We are knocking on Flat side's door!

Ready!

Ok so I think I am ready! Have all my supplies and have moved bedroom around and added a recliner to make things easier. My husband even lowered our bed so I don't have to climb up like I normally do Iol! My grandmother will be flying in Wednesday all the way from Panama! She will be taking me down to tj where her friends will pick us up and take us to clinic and then back across the border after my sx. Not sure how long we will be staying in tj, want to come home asap to recover but if im not up for the 2 and half hour drive then we will stay couple days at her friends house. Her daughter is a nurse and will be taking care of me if we do stay. But like I said I rather come straight home, my friend is a doctor and he will be making house call to check on my healing ! He is awesome! He offered to remove the drains and stitches too, but I want to return to Dr. P for that just in case. I have four weeks off work so everything should be good and I plan on takibg it really easy. My grandmother and my mom will be here the entire 4 weeks to take care of my three toddlers and all housework and dinner. My hubby is excited about this.

crossing the tj border

Just a little word of advice, it takes a couple hours to cross the border in a car. And you should not attempt to cross by foot after your sx because it can take sooooo long sometimes! Ive been in the line for 6 hours and that was the middle of the week. If you can make arrangements, you should try and cross super late at night or super early in the morning. We will be crossing around 3 or 4 in the morning.
keep us posted!!!!! please im going in Nov...
I sure will!
Are you all ready to go? I wanted to get everything ready this weekend so this next weekend will be easy and stress free. I read that we should get plenty of rest and sleep the days right before surgery. So make sure you do! But idk about sleep, been having trouble with that lately so we shall see how rested I will actually be. I cant wait to be on the flat side!

One week!

OMG IM ONLY ONE WEEK AWAY! I am so excited for this new change. Im so great full for the opportunity to have the money and the support of my family. I just hope everything turns out ok because my babies need their mama. :)
Everything is going to be ok. We are going to wake up on the flat side. I will keep us all in prayer!
so awesome!!!!!!! good luck momma!!!!!!!!! xoxo
Yay! Thanks. Btw your breast look awesome! Ill be getting mine done in April and i want to be a DD! :)

Tomorrow is my last day working!

Thank God! I am so over the stress here! Cant wait to spend couple days with my family before sx.
Thanks Robin :)
I'm really excited for you. Can't wait to see your results.
Yes please! :)

Flat side is just around the corner!

I am totally ready! Im just laying here on my bed doing some research on tummy tuck recovery. My room has been transformed into a recovery room. Lol
Good luck, you will be thrilled with the results for sure, it's amazing what these surgeries can do! Happy healing!!
Good luck, keep that bikini from your honeymoon nearby! :)
Thanks! I see your right after me, see you on the flat side. Good luck too!

last minute!

Lol i have been glued to my computer doing last minute research and now my husband is heading out for some last minute supplies! I cant help but feel like I am forgetting something. Leaving for tj in the morning, cant wait, hope I can get some sleep tonight......
Thanks for the love girl!

pics two days before sx

Here are my last pics before surgery. As u can see any time I wear tight clothes I have huge rolls and muffin top from the loose skin. This is why I really dont wear anything tight. Also notice how much fat I have where my arms and my arm pits connect. This one of my worst areas that I am totally self conscious about, hopefully the lipo will make a big difference.
Good luck Girl!!! Please post pics after surgery!
Thanks I will
How are you??? Pics yet??

here I go!

Heading out to mexico, I will update as soon as I can after surgery tomorrow. Wish me luck ladies!!
Thanks for all the well wishes!
Good luck you are in wonderful hands.
Good luck to you today!!

At Dr. Pantoja's Clinic

Sitting here waiting for the cardiologist and my blood work to come in. Nadia just took my before pics, so glad I wont be looking like that anymore! Wow its about to happen soon. So excited! Please say a prayer for me ladies! :)
Happy healing!
Dr p will take good care of you can't wait to see your after pics
xoxo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

surgery successfully!

Obviously cant sleep, too uncomfortable. He took off over 8 pounds of skin. We also decided not to do the bbl, as dr P said excersize would be best for type of results I want. Also he did not do lipo of my tighs, as he thought it would make me look not proportionate. He truly is amazing and I am soooo happy with my experience so far. Will post more oics tomorrow when I am up to walk or shower.

before sx

happy healing!
Congrats! Best wishes to an amazing recovery! Can't wait to see pics of your results!
Happy healing, you can see such a difference. I'm so happy for you.

muscle repair is no joke!

Im at the end of my 2nd day post op, and I can tell you the muscle repair hurts more then the incision and the lipo in my arms and back. It feels soooo tight I almost get short of breath, and walking is terrible . But other then that I am feeling ok, not as bad as I was expecting. Will try and catch some zzz now that I was given something to sleep. Yay!
Aww I'm glad you are doing well. Yeah muscle repair is hard.
Thank you im coming along, muscle repair hurts a lot!
So go so far, today is suppose to be the worst day and I think I handled it like a champ.

4:30 am

Come on sleep!! Sucks that im literally in no pain at the moment, but im soooo uncomfortable! They have me sitting up so my back and ass are numb. Cant seem to get any rest :/

SHOWER YESSS!

Feel so much better now that I am showered! The faja is very tight but feels amazing. My swelling is bad, I just put my sports bra on and it is super tight on my back where I had most of my lipo.
Wow!! A shower! I can't wait! You are looking good in your wrap!
Yes it was amazing, but took so much out of me. I have to stay completely bend over because he took so much skin and pulled me as tight as he could. I will have to sleep sitting up with my knees bent to have best results and to make sure my incision does not split anywhere since its an extended tt. I have to do this for 3 to 4 weeks. What we go through to look beautiful!! Lol
Happy healing!!! I am 20 days post op I did lipo tt and breast implants my recovery has been good just a little depress but no pain at all yeayyy. I also did my surgery in Tijuana but I went to Dr.Toledo

back pain!!!

So dr. P wants me to stay completely bent over when walking, this hurts my back so bad I can barely handle walking the short distance to my bathroom. Oh btw I am back home now, trip was a little rough, but I made it ok. Im so swollen that I could barely fit into my bra that fit me before all lipo. Hopefully the faja can help with that since I can barely breath in the darn thing! Lol

heaven

Recliner stuffed with multiple pillows so I can sleep upright. This is the only way to do it! Lol
You look so comfy in that recliner !! Happy healing!
It definitely is the best way to sleep! Thanks :)
Wow! Well stay bent over, honey! Get a walker. It is helping my back

swollen! blood under my skin!

So I have a lot of blood under my belly button above my tt incision. Called Nadia and she said this normal and that's why I needed that little square patch he put on me there. Looks really ugly but doesn't hurt. Did anyone else get this?? My incision looks and feels great. Ho openings and seems to be healing nicely. Here are some new pics 4 days post op, super swollen still cant see my shape yet.

more pics

Girl, this recoverybis something! I am bruised also! My mother is taking me to my follow up on tuesday. I hope I don't scare her! Lol. I will be sure to forwarn her. We just have to be patient. It will take a minute before we see our shspe. I am happy I have new boobies to look at during this waiting period..lol

5 days post op

Had a splitting headache last night, couldn't get any sleep. But feeling good this morning, snapped a few shots while hubby was massaging me and cleaning my incisions and dressings.
That's looks like nerosis honey. U need to have a doc look at that asap
Yeah!!! There is a special cream they give you and its the craziest thing, your skin will grow back. I had to use it and although it gave me the most painful headache in my life it saved my belly button. That is def necrosis!!!!
BTW My Dr. told me it would give me a headache but he also told me if I didnt use it my belly button would stay that way. Go ASAP to get treatment started!!!! you have to use 2 xs a day or they can fed ex to you maybe

back in mexico for couple days!

So ran into little snag! Not enough blood flow to my tummy so working with dr. P to fix this. Luckily I am close to mexico and have the means to come back and forth or stay as need be. Hope my new tummy doesnt look ugly after all is treated and good. Just my luck :(
you look good girl and you are in good spirits so just keep doing what you are doing and im very happy dr P is able to take such good care of you. thinking of you!! : )
Congrats on your procedure! I know the healing process is tough but you'll get through it. I'll be going to Pantoja on Nov 4, can't wait! Good luck on your recovery hun, you are lucky to live close to Mexico for post op care :-)
Hey t. Dont worry. You're in great hands! I ran into a little bit of a snag (my drain cloggee), Maripaz caught it & sent me to Dr P right away. He told me not to worry & I didn't. I'm VERY confident that he has seen what your little snag is before.. .long story short, Dr P has successfully treated me & well you know the rest! Well....you are very swollen so I am super excited for your swelling to go down so you csn see your body taking shape. Yay...congratz! Love ya & I'm here for ya. Btw, Team Pantoja & I are still keeping in touch! Love them

hyperbaric oxygen therapy!

Im a believer in this! Feel so much better, its not only helping with my skin (which has started to peel off yuck ) but my bruising has gone down after two treatments. I haven't really needed my pain pills either! Finally starting to see little shape now!
Yeah I had researched everything possible about what could go wrong with tummy tuck just so I would be prepared. As soon as I seen it, I emailed my PS a picture. He asked me to come in right away so he could treat me. Ive been here two days, the cream and medicine he gave me has started to make the skin fall off. Im getting oxygen therapy to help stimulate the blood flow and help new tissue grow. I need to make sure I stay bent over completely for 3 to 4 weeks to make sure the affected tissue doesnt have too much tension. My tummy was big and had a lot of fat, so thats why this probably happened. Needed more blood flow then someone who had just skin and no fat.
Wow, I thought that looked like necrosis. Glad your doc caught it early and started treating it right away. Wish mine had.
Thanks love!

awesome!!

This wedge pillow is amazing! If you plan on having tt, this makes laying down easier. Thanks Dr. Pantoja!
Glad ur doing great! Hey the wedge pillow is great for ONLY TT! One cant use that for a BBL,TT and full body lipo! For bbl that kills fat cells n our nu bootaes ma! Take care!
Yeah this pillow is good for someone who had a lot of skin with fat taken with a tummy tuck. The more tension the longer you should sleep in bent position with legs up. I noticed a lot of necrosis in women who were bigger like me in tummy area. TT is so tight and had to be pulled tighter to give me flat tummy. But sleeping like that can kill your back and this pillow has actually helped with that too!
Ddint u have a bbl though also? Im fully aware of TT etiquette but new RS followers might not understand that this position and pillow is great for just that only. So also using ur boppy pillow under u to lift weight off of newly fat cells wld be also ideal.

skin necrosis!

So just little word of advice. If you have a fuller tummy with a lot of fat and are planning to get a TT, make sure you stay bent over and dont over stretch your new tummy for at least 3 weeks. I was told to stay bent and I tried. My biggest mistake was making a 2 hour trip home two days after sx. I had to climb into my suburban and climb back down. Im pretty sure this is where I stretched my tummy too much. My skin between my belly button and incision was under a lot of tension as I have fat and thick skin so I ended up messing up my blood flow to that area. Blood flow is already decreased in that area of any normal tt, it is the piece of skin under the most tension. So even if your a non smoker and non diabetic and whatever else increases your risk for skin necrosis, YOU CAN STILL BE AT RISK FOR SKIN NECROSIS if you are over weight at time of your tt! So if you are overweight, please make sure you baby your tt and STAY BENT OVER! Ok so now the good news, I had affected tissue on big section of my tummy as you can see from my pictures I previously posted. I was worried I was going to lose all that skin, but thanks
To the amazing power of the hyperbaric oxygen treatments I will only lose a small portion of that skin down by my incision line. YAY!
Very informative, thank you....I pray things get better for u, I'm looking forward to updated pics showing off your beautiful body.
Praying all turns out ok for you!
Thanks so much!

getting there!

Still swollen, especially in my back, but getting smaller and smaller each day! Sorry not the best pic, will take better ones when I go home Saturday.
Praying for you...good news about staying bent over..get dome much needed rest!!
Definitely resting as much as I can taking care of this skin and trying to heal. Thanks
I see you are getting your boobies...done with Pinay!!! Cool...very exciting..

making great progress!

I cant believe it, my necrosis has already turned to scab in 6 days thanks to the cream. I have been sponge bathing this whole week since it wasnt completely hard yet. So today I took a shower today and I was almost in tears because some of my black scab came off, and it was red good tissue under! OMG I think the oxygen helped so much more then I thought! I don't no what is under the entire scab but if its like the portions that came off, I dont think I will lose any skin just this top thin scab! Crossing my fingers. So ladies please please try oxygen treatments if you think you have necrosis. I was so scared it would turn into a big wound or hole, but in think its going to be much less of a problem then I originally thought!
That's great news! Are you able to stand straighter?
My body is telling me it can stand straighter, but im still bent over to keep my necrosis from spreading. I wont stand straight until I feel no pulling back from my tummy at all.
Totally understand that!

im starting to see my waist!

I'm so glad to hear it's healing well!
Hmmm..Thats odd that Dr. P didnt just give you this white cream that my doctor gave me. It caused me to have a headache for 2o mins but I used it 3 xs a day for like 5 days and skin grew over and you could never tell I had necrosis. Mine looked like yours. Black and hard, it was miraculous this cream worked instantly. I paid nothing and my Dr. is like 5 mins from yours???? They say also that smokers have high risk to get necrosis. Ask him abouit cream cuz I heard longer it stays black its gunna leave a scar. I complained about that cream and said didnt wanna use cuz headache it gave me, he said well everyday its still black is dangerous and scar is forming. Ask ur Dr luv...Good Luck
I do have the cream and been using it since last monday, and it caused the skin to scab and turned black, but now its peeling off and skin looks new under! I was shocked when I noticed! So hoping all the skin under is like this. Hoping there wont be any scars, but Dr. Pantoja is treating me for free. I chose to get oxygen treatments on my own to heal this as fast as possible. It stimulates blood flow and tissue to grow and actually has helped so much with my overall recovery. So im hoping with all this I get through it as easy as you! Fingers crossed! Lol

seriously!

Why of all times my little baby girl runs a high fever and I cant even pick her up and hold her! I hate not being able to take care of her the way she needs me. Husband took her to urgent care without me because he doesnt want me over doing it. We actually argued about this! I called him every five minutes while he was gone. She has throat infection! SUCKS!!
I know it's hard. My 2 kids are now sick with nasty coughs & colds! Baby was up most of the night too. It's hard not to want to comfort them:( but you need to rest & heal. Hope everyone starts feeling better soon!
I just read your profile You certainly are between a rock and a hard place, a sick child Hi hope you're girl is feeling better this morning... I had my Tummy tuck the day before yours I like seeing how other gals are progressing. Compared To myself. I'm 60 years old But who's counting.. Having my Tummy tuck surgery was the best thing that could've ever done.... I'm living my dream.... Thanks for sharing your journey, Since you're probably still in your favorite chair recliner.... Peek in at my Profile .... I tend to have Sense of humor. So if your belly still hurts Be prepared I even show little pussy. :-) LOL. ((( Hugs))) LiveLoveBelieve

Post op check up today

Doctor says I can stand straighter now, hallelujah! Tomorrow I get to see how bad the necrosis is. He is going to remove the black scab, hope its a thin layer rather then a hole. I leave it in Gods hands.
That's great, hope it turns out well and I hope you're taking pics of this whole process of your body going through this.
Yeah I have been, and plan to post all together at once. Thanks calikat!
Hope you and the little one are doing good

wow!

I had a wonderful massage from the amazing Maripaz yesterday, she had to do one small aspiration in my lower right back (ouch) but swelling is so much better today! Im just over two weeks post op, my results are already amazing!
I hope your daughter is doing better! You are looking awesome!
Daughter is doing great now thankfully. I just got my dead skin removed, it was hard to watch but went really well. But all that aside my tummy is getting smaller and smaller each day. So excited about that!
Absolutely amazing

necrosis update

Ok so today Dr. Pantoja removed my triangle shaped black scab. I couldn't really watch because I thought I would pass out! Lol but it is gone, and it was about 3 centimeters thick so not too bad. So lucky its not a hole, thank GOD! So I do have an open wound but I dont have to pack it since its not deep. So for now I have to clean it 3 to 4 times a day and put clean gauze. Dr. Pantoja seems to think it will heal in a month. And then we decide how to fix the scar. He can pull more skin down, but that would be like another mini tt without muscle repair since he would have to redo my belly button. And that just seems awful to go through all over, but there would be no scar. Or he can pull skin from the side, which seems awesome since it will make my waist even smaller, but it would leave a vertical scar . So unsure about what to do. And let me just say to all the women out there deciding on a doctor, make sure you discuss how the aftercare will be if you have any complications. I have been blessed with Dr. P because he genuinely cares so much about me, he hugs me and treats me like a daughter. He is planning a vacation in couple weeks, and his clinic will be closed, but he wants to see me every week until my skin is fully healed so he will be making special trip to his clinic during that week to see me. That is what you call an amazing doctor.

no drains!

Also got my drain out! Yay!
Thanks, im so happy I did this!

new pic!

So im loving my results sooooo much. Here is a new pic, wearing size small pants! YAY! I do have bunch of gauze stuffed in under my belly button but my tummy still looks flat!
You have amazing results, this will be quite a dramatic transformation! Remember it only gets better with time! Happy healing!

skin update

Well im having a bad day today. My skin is healing from what I can tell, but im starting to get feeling back around the necrosis area and it really burns and hurts when I clean it. Dr. P said last week it was a good sign for the feeling to come back, but now I dread cleaning and changing the gauze 4 times a day. Not to mention I woke up very swollen today. I just wish I could be done with this recovery. So over it!
gosh girl i hate to see you in anymore discomfort that you are already in... i hope the healing goes quickly for you. you've been through so much already i hope only good things from here on in. we are all rooting for you!
Thanks girl! Yeah it is definitely a bump in the road, but I feel fortunate because my necrosis is not as bad as ive seen. So im very grateful for that. And unfortunately I will have a scar, but my PS will fix that for me once my skin is ready. So im staying positive and I just keep reminding myself how much I love my results, and that makes me feel better!
Congrats, you look great Happy Healing

starting over??

So my wound is closing up, but its a black scab again? So now im wondering if I will have to have it removed all over again? Hmm doesn't look exactly like the necrosis scab did but I think the black means dead tissue? See my PS Wednesday so I guess ill find out more then. Oh and its not so painful around the scab anymore just a little dry skin now, wonder if I can put lotion on.
O sweetheart im so sorry u going thru this! Ask dr p if u can have LM yet to help swelling? I pray u dont have to have sx again!!
Yeah I have been having the LM from maripaz each week, helps so much! Dr. P says we have to see how it closes up and heals to know if I need scar revision. Kind of a bummer but only time will tell. Thanks sexee!

update

Ok so as I thought, dr. P removed the scab again today. It looks better now, little smaller and a round shape now rather then triangle. So I guess thats good. Just sucks I have to clean it next week while im at work!
Continued healing. So sorry. This is my biggest fear.
Thanks, just remember this is very rare so please dont let it scare you. :)
Uw! Glad u live close by and u r getting better!

skin update

Ok so today I noticed the edges of my wound are turning a little black, but all the middle is nice and red and healing nicely. So happy, since last time the day after it was removed started turning black immediately, anything black will have to be removed so the less the better. Good day today! :)
Great review!!!! Glad things are healing better even though we want it to heal faster!!!! How many times a day do u have to clean it!?
I clean it three times durning the day and lately I've been waking up middle of the night to clean it. Such a pain!
How's the healing coming along?

I am so happy

I am soooo swollen around my open wound, but even with that and all the gauze I am still amazed with how my shape is turning out.
Teena, glad your doing better, wow, you've been thru alot, but handling it well it seems. I wanted to ask you a couple of questions, what kind of cream did you use for wound healing that you mentioned, how much was the hyperbaric o2 treatments each and where does Dr.P do his surgeries at?
Did u ask dr p if it was safe now for u to wear your squeem under your garment cause u might want to started training ur waist and tummy swelling will rapidly decrease ...drink your pineapple juice to also assist w swelling and as a natural healing agent!
you go girl!!!!!!!!!!!! so happy you are moving along so well. keep it up!!!!! xoxo

Bad news!!

Went to ER last night and found out my wound was infected! Noticed a bad smell so I decided to get it checked. Now I'm sitting in the hospital and have about 3 plastic surgeons trying to get a game plan to tackle my necrosis. I really wish I could head back to dr pantoja right now but my family wants me to stay right where I am and just get treated. It's hard to just trust anyone with my body. They want to take me to surgery tomorrow and remove more skin and then place a wound VAC. I'm worried because there approach seems very extreme. Please pray for me ladies I've been crying because I really don't want to go under again but they seem to think it's the only way......
oh no girl! i feel so bad i hope you get better soon. but at least you have your fam around you and are in the right place to get this taken care of asap. keep us posted we will be praying for you! xoxo
Praying for you....

Surgery went well!

Ok so the surgery went well and the PS didn't remove more skin like he originally thought he would have to! Thank god because dr p called me and said there was no need to remove more skin just the inside of the wound. So it is now pretty deep , but it's not any wider then it was before. I like the wound VAC because it is going to help this stay cleaner and heal faster. Also I am soooo happy the hospital is going to give me 30 days of oxygen treatment! As I posted before I believe so much in this treatment , and I happy I don't have to pay out of pocket for it. Just hoping everything just keeps moving forward. Thank you all for all the prayers.
You are so brave and strong...
Thanks you! I'm trying! :)
praying for you girl xoxo

Here we go again!

Another surgery tomorrow at 9:00. Again they will be cleaning out the wound and cleaning out those two pockets of puss he found last surgery. Had CT to make sure no more other pockets exsist. But I dont know what the results were, so guess I wont find out until right before the procedure. I do have to say im so happy the PS is doing this because he volunteers his time at this hospital and he is not charging me anything, so my insurance is taking care of it all. Luckily because the general surgeon took one look at it and said im calling in a favor because this needs a PS! God is good.
God is so good! What a blessing that is! You're gonna be better before you know it! Love that you have stayed so positive through every thing! Prayers being sent for you hon!
You sound so upbeat even with everything thats going on with you. I see my ps on wed and I hope everything..wound dries and heals. Man when they say this is quite an intensive surgery and recovery they are not kidding. I'm 5 weeks out and still having grief. I keep praying for god to heal me. You go girl it will all be good. And like many tell me it will all be a distant memory. Keeping you on my prayers and happy healing.
God is good! Just caught up with your review! I don't seem to be getting notifications. So happy to hear that you got a wound vac. They seem to work very well. And I am so happy that you won't need to pay out of pocket. No worries. You will probably be all healed up after the holidays. You will still be hot and pippin' by next summer. :-)

May going home!

Looks like I will be going home today. CT scan showed everything looked good so the PS only had to clean out my wound and removed a tiny bit more fat in there but he said it all looks awesome and he suspects the would should be a lot smaller within two weeks???? That seems fast but here is hoping! Just waiting for my smaller wound VAC to take home and also have to have a PICC placed so I can receive more antibiotics at home. Home health care nurses will be coming out to change my wound VAC dressings so that a relief, but my grandma will be trained by them to handle my IV. So that's what's going on with me ladies, just moving forward and happy to be going home!

Wound VAC

Here is what it looks like today after surgery. Since I now have a hole I will take pic for you ladies next time the dressings are changed. I don't even know what to expect since I haven't seen it myself yet! Yikes!
Hi TeenA, I Have Been Following Your Journey. You Are A Very Positive And Strong Person. I Am GlaD You Are DOing Better. I Also Had The same Surgery With Dr Pantoja A Month Before You. I Think He Is A Great Doc That Cares About His Patients. I Will Keep You In My Prayers!
Thanks so much! And yes Dr. Pantoja is so amazing, he has called me personally while I've been here in the hospital. He is very concerned about me and even wanted me to go to him for treatment of my infection. He wanted to keep me in his clinic until it was cleared, but I told him I did want to take up one of his rooms because that would mean he would have to cancel some I his upcoming surgeries. Plus I told him I could have my insurance cover all this and be close to home for my hubby and everyone could visit me, he understood but is waiting for me to return so he can check everything out. I love him so much and I know he true lay care about all his patients.
So did you have these extra little surgeries done in Mexico or in the States?

So I'm still here!

Ok so I was hoping to go home yesterday since everything looked good , but I needed a PICC line placed in my arm so I could continue my antibiotics at home. We'll the nurse failed to insert it into my right arm because my veins in that are we're too small! It was so painful and mentally draining for me, I couldn't bare to have her try the other arm. So we decided to let me sleep on it and try again this morning, and she was successful! I was so much more nervous this morning then yesterday because I was scared it was going to be painful again but it was a piece of cake! So I have to have a full day of my antibiotics today and then I can go home tonight. Tomorrow morning the home health nurse will come and set up my IV. And I already got my new wound VAC that I'm taking home, since the one from the hospital it huge and heavy. I'm soooo ready to be home with family! And I think I will go see Dr. Pantoja as soon as I'm done with the antibiotics. I want to know what he thinks about this wound VAC, because he will be doing my reconstruction if need be. I am concerned it will make the dent worst since it seems to be squeezing it from what I can see. But I'm just happy it's all clean and I don't have to clean it on my own!
Oh wow I just read your story! What an experience...it can happen! I also have open wounds and on antibiotics and doing wound healing at home...I am going to ask for them to see me up next week as they are healing but still bleeding pretty bad near the Punic area...seems like that is the worst area for us ladies! Praying for a fast recovery! Take care!
Hey teena. I don't get notifications from realself and wantdd to check in on you. I didnt know your situation until now. But here is my prayer for you: Father God, thank You for all U do for Your children. Lord I lift teena up to U. Heal her Lord....We believe she is healed! We believe she is healed! WE BELIEVE SHE IS HEALED! Comfort her! Let her wound show a big improvement, not in months Lord, but in weeks! We believe her wound will show major improvement in days. We pray for her wound to heal. YOU are God & nothing is impossible with YOU! Please put Your hands on her Lord.....You are the healer!!!!!! In Jesus mighty name we pray. AMEN!!!!!
Awww thanks so much Pinay that means so much to me. Im just taking it day by day and trying to stay positive. Dr. P and the girls have been great through everything. So I am definitely rethinking my boobies now since I will have to have another surgery to correct this necrosis deal but we shall see, but I am definitely still willing to have my tummy repaired same day :)

Home finally!

So got home late last night, and had a horrible night! The PICC site for my IV was so painful I couldnt get comfortable or sleep at all. This morning the home health nurse came over and set up my IV and trained my hubby and my grandma to change it out. Ill be on this IV for 10 more days, really sucks but at least I am back with my kids. Oh and had a much needed sponge bath and washed my hair. Feels soooo much better!
It's so good to hear you're home and Can finish healing now. You stay in my prayers hon!
Thanks!

the hole!!

So got to see my wound today, and let me tell you I was so worried it was going to be sooo much deeper and wider! But im amazed at how well the wound VAC is working along with the oxygen treatments. It was about 3 centimeters deep before the infection. Then I had two surgeries last week to remove infected tissue and dead tissue, so that made it deeper! But today it measures 2 centimiters deep, thats awesome! Still pretty wide though at 9 centimeters wide and 8 centimeters length. I guess the doc was right when he said it would heal from the bottom up. So very happy today! Here is the hole! After 5 days with wound VAC.

wound VAC

After todays vac change.
Thank u for ur honesty...I wish u well
How are you feeling?
Feeling better and better each day! The wound is slowly improving so im trying to be patient. Thanks for asking :)

slowly healing

So I am seeing a big difference in the depth of my wound. The nurse that changed my vac dressing kind of messed up, since you can see the white sponge sticking out when the black should be covering it. But oh well I was too busy talking to her to notice. So the white sponge is placed in first and that use to be a couple centimeters down inside the wound, but now it is flushed with the rest of my tummy when its in. So the wound is healing up, so I am wondering how it will look when its healed if it continues to do so. I was expecting the edges to come together rather then the bottom coming up, well at least thats how ive seen other wounds heal. I see the PS from the hospital tomorrow, and hopefully he doesnt want to do anything drastic! Im only following up with him since he is the one who was able to put me off work. I go see Dr. Pantoja this week so im super excited. I dont trust anyone as much as him. Im hoping he can close the wound up now that my tissue is healthy.

fun pic!

I cant wait to be rid of this wound and wound vac! I cant wait to hit up vegas nightlife in this sexy black dress, I never thought I could look like this! Thank you dr. Pantoja, your hands are magic! I am still swollen since I cant wear my faja, so hoping once I can my waist will continue to shrink.
Sexy is back ! You look great honey!
Dang girl....you look better than me! Nice!
My goal was to look like you! You were the reason I chose dr pantoja! How are you? I'm going to send you my phone number in your inbox. You know I was rethinking doing my boobs because this has been a rough recovery for me, but I'm over it now. Definitley have to fix this scar so I want to do my boobs at same time. I just don't know when dr p wants to fix my wound, after it heals or just close it up sooner. I'm going to see him Saturday so I should find out.

getting smaller

Todays vac change, sponge got a lot smaller since last week! Was using a white sponge under the black sponge all this time, but now the PS said no more white sponge, which will speed up the closing of the wound he said. Also I have had nurses come to my house to change my vac, but there is a certain way he wants the black sponge placed in ensure my wound doesnt suck in causing a dent in the future. Hope I can remember everything to tell the nurses.
Thinking of you I'm so happy you are healing and looking amazing in that dress!! You be killin it!!! Xoxo
You are healing very nice an how sexy you look in your black dress!!
Hope you are doing well mama! You are an inspiration, love your positive attitude. Hang in there, at the end all will be worth it. You are looking great and you can see the changes taking place.

comparison

Here is a little comparison of before and after pics. I'll be two months post op next week. Also im not wearing any compression garment in the after pics, so I think I will look even smaller once I can wear one again.
Sorry u had such a bad initial recovery. Glad u are better
So glad your wound is getting smaller and smaller.
Thanks Cali, im just wondering how this going to all heal. As of rightnow my wound is still circular, but it has come all the way up to skin level. I was expecting for the sides to come together. It is actually back to where is was back when I had my first layer of tissue removed. So im happy about that, but side seem to be moving inward slower then the bottom moved up. Did yours do that? Or did the sides move in faster then the bottom?

another vac change today.

So my wound is looking healthy and good. Cant wait until its all closed and over with. Here are some pics I took while the nurse was cleaning it.
You are really strong! Looks soooo much better. Won't be long now!
Thanks! How is your wound doing?
Coming along I hope. Ps appt yesterday...first time didn't do debridement! Felt like a big success! You and I are about same tt dates...what's your ps and your best guess on when wound will be closed?

update! One month with wound VAC!

To all the woman out there struggling with open wounds please get a wound VAC if possible. I started out without a wound VAC and was healing well with just oxygen trtreatments and my surgeon cleaning it every 3 days. Then went back to work and developed infection! The wound was made much bigger after two surgeries in the hospital to clean out the infected tissue. I was left with the big hole you see in my pic above. They placed a wound VAC in and the results after 4 weeks are unbelievable. It went from 5 centimeters deep to now half a centimeter deep. Dont wait, get one now to save you time with healing. If you notice in the VAC pics above the black sponge was way bigger the the plastic circle the tube is attached to, and now the plastic circle is way bigger then the black sponge (sorry pic not that great, sponge is barely visible) im starting to see an end in site! Today is a great day!
Glad ur healing!! I have a love/hate relationship w the wound vac. I opted to just do the wet/dry dressings for a while. I cant stand the sound of the vac, its alarms and the awkwardness. But if its working well for u thats great!! Happy healing!
Thanks! Yeah I get so tired of having this thing attached to me, but it has worked so much better then when I was only doing the dry/wet dressings. Now I am just about done with the vac because my wound has almost come up to skin level. Then the vac won't work anymore and my PS will need to close the wound as long as the tissue is healthy. So far so good , haven't had it debrieved in almost 4 weeks. Good thing because they can't close it or revise if the tissue is still compromised. Lucky yours was at your incision line and it can fuse together and close. I was told that mine will probably get to a certain point and stop closing. I guess the wound may begin to create a protective layer over it similar to how burns heal, and all of that will have to be cut away in my revision. What a long long journey it has been, and will continue to be! Lol but I wanted this surgery so I'm still happy with the results. I'm glad your wound is healing very fast!
Ohh Sweetie--I am sooo glad for you!! {{hugs}}

4 more weeks of the VAC!!

Well I am supposed to see the new ps in 4 weeks and he wants me to keep the vac on as long as possible. But at this point my wound it so high now, the nurses have a hard time putting the black sponge in. So looks like I'm just about done with it. I will see my original ps on the 14th to discuss when it can be closed. I'm hoping soon since he was waiting for it to come up to skin level and for the tissue to all stay healthy. I haven't had any tissue removed since my infection a month ago, so I think I'm in the clear with any blood flow issues. So now I have a question for you ladies, do any of you know anything about skin grafts? I'm wondering if it will completely fix this big scar I'm going to have or not??? If not I might as well just let my ps pull more skin down and revise my bb again, but I just really don't want to go through all the tightness again.
will this happen to me? Was DR P? not a good doctor?
Necrosis is very very rare, but it happens. It happens mostly in smokers, diabetics, and sometimes in over weight patients because they have more fat and skin removed. It was not the result of Dr. Pantojas work, he is amazing. I feel very confident in his work and he has taken great care of me. Dont you worry about necrosis since its rare like I said and you are not getting any major incisions so you will be fine. I think you should go with dr p since he truely cares about his patients and I trust him completely. I will be having another round of surgery with him to finish my transformation, because I couldn't imagine going to anyone else.
Are they cutting some of the depth off the sponge? I know that's what we do when I'm on the vac.

come on wound, heal faster!!

Moving along but im so ready to be cordless. Just keeping my fingers crossed and hoping I continue to heal at the same rate and it doesn't slow down.
hey how are you feeling? checking up on you : )
WOW you look amazing!! I cant wait for my turn with Dr. Pantoja :))
Hi teena2202, can I ask what your initial weight was, when you went into surgery? I'm going to Dr. P and I want to know if my results will be similar to yours.. I asked Nadia and she said yes, but that it will take time.

3 months post op

And still healing! Lol well guess thats how it goes sometimes. Im happy with the progress of the wound vac. My wound is a square shape and measures about 4 centimeters by 4.5 centimeteres. But im happy with my body and just cant wait to start planning round 2 to do my breast and full body lipo. Going to see doctor pantoja tomorrow to set date to revise my tummy, so super excited about that!
You are looking amazing girl : )
Woohoo Chica! You look stunning! Not much is left of your wound now!
Hot momma!!! So happy to see that your wound is just about healed!!

Revision

Ok so Dr pantoja says he can close it now, but because I am still numb and swollen from my original TT and this open wound we should wait. He wants to do it in about 2 to 3 months and the plan is to do a mini tuck and pull more skin down and get a new bb again. Yeah I know I'm crazy to have to go through the TT pain again, but no muscle repair and a smaller cut this time so I should be able to handle it! I could take a verticle scar, but the point of this surgery was to be able to get back into that bikini right?? Don't want something else (scar) making me cover up like my fat rolls did before.
I'm glad things are looking up for you!

two months on the wound vac

So im excited because dr. Pantoja gave me the ok to start wearing my faja. Its been so long since ive worn one I actually forgot how uncomfortable they are! But im gonna suck it up so I can start waist training and moving forward to prepare for my next surgery. I want to lose 15 lbs before my next mini tt and breast reconstruction so I wont be at risk of necrosis again. Plus I want to make sure my tummy has a little lose skin so I wont be pulled too tight since its tight now!

pic

more pics

I haven't looked it up but I wanted personal experience, is there a way to prevent necrosis or why does it happen? Is there any meds you can take before to prevent or just make surgery easier. I also live somewhat close I'm in Los Angeles so it wouldn't be a problem. But if it can be avoided it's best.
It is rare, but it happens to mostly smokers and diabetics. But also can happen to women who are overweight at time of surgery. It is a blood flow issue, so the thicker your fat and tissue the harder your blood has to work to get through to your incisions. Also if you have a garment or faja that is too tigh it can disrupt blood flow. Ive seen this in healthy fit women, so make sure you have compression but that it is not too tight especially right below the breast where you have two main arteries. Thats all I got lol! But like I said it is very rare so I think you will be fine. :)
Looking amazing. ... where did you get your garment?

wound is getting very small!

It now measures 2.5 by 3.2 centimeteres! Im so happy with the progress, and I think im just about done with the wound VAC. Its been over two months so im soooo ready to be cordless! Lol
I am 2 months post op and have the same exact wound as you do. My problem is that I can't afford the wound vac as I don't have insurance and cad payment is $1650 per month. My dr said it will take 3 times as long to heal without the vac. This is so depressing. I am happy to see how we'll you are doing!!!
Im sorry to hear you have this problem. If your wound is deep like mine was then you will definitely need to have a wound vac to speed up healing and help keep it free of infection. Call CKI and ask about your options. I did both methods and the vac is faster then just wet to dry dressings. It can be annoying at times, but you will be happier with the progress. I have had it for almost three months and my wound is now the size of a quarter. Dont worry it will heal in time and this site is a great support system. Is your doctor helping you with this?
Hey honey thanks for sharing your journey and congrats on your progress Im definitely working hard to drop the extra pounds before surgery. And in that black dress even with your pump you look great. Best Wishes and Happy Healing!!!!!

thick and curvy!

I havent felt this sexy in a really long long time! Hubby is very happy guy these days. My wound is like size of a quarter now and doesnt bother me at all. Time to finally enjoy my new body.
Hey Teena! You look awesome! So flat! So glad to hear you are healing well! Best wishes for your revision!
You look incredible!
Thanks so much! :)

Ready to try......

Ok im going to try and do a light workout tomorrow. I havent done any exercise in 4 and half months!! This will be interesting, but I need to lose at least 15 lbs before my tt revision and breast work. I dont want to develop necrosis again and thinner my tummy flap is the better. I also want to get aggressive lipo on my back and love handles. But if it could compromise blood flow to my incisions then I wont get any lipo, so ill have to see what dr p says once I get to my goal weight. Wish me luck, zumba is calling my name! Lol
Ur looking great! Glad to hear ur wound is getting smaller and smaller! Ur curves are dangerous!!!
Right back at ya sis! We have both come a long way! So what are ya thinking as far as scar revision? I definitly need one since I have a little bit of a dent where my wound is, but I really trying to drop some more weight for my next surgery just in case.
It is truly a blessing everything worked out for you. I quit smoking 2 months ago before I decided to do surgery after I was diagnosed with diabetes. So reading your story and seeing all of the things you went through is really making me nervous.

work out

Ok so did exercise yesterday and it felt great! But I was so swollen after it was terrible! But by this morning swelling subsided but my ass and legs where so so so so sore! Omg I am so out of shape. But to my surprise, my tummy didnt hurt at all today! So I guess my body is ready I just have to deal with the insane swelling after!
I must say, You look absolutely amazing!!! I too am 5' and looking forward to my transition to the flat side.. May I ask how much time you took off from work after your surgery? I have postponed my surgery twice and I'm shooting for the end of May now.
youlook amazing!!! omg that skin thing was sooo scary!!! and it loooks painful! im sorry that happened to you! i hadnt seen and reviews like this one...thankss so much for sharing! God bless u and keep healing u look really good !

Been a while!

Hey everyone! I have been really busy with life, so I havent had time to update. So here is the latest....... My wound is healed, YAY!! I decided to quit my job and go back to school to be a nurse. This whole experience showed me how much i want to help people just like my nurses helped me with my recovery and complications. Today is my 30th birthday, and my hubby is taking me to the big apple tomorrow morning! I have never been so i'm super excited.
What a transformation! You look great! I was wondering if you don't mind, how long did it take for your hole to heal? I'm going through the same thing but my PS doesn't think I need a wound vac and that it will heal quick but IDK...Thanks
It took about three months to heal but was moving much faster with wound VAC, because it also helped sitmulate blood to flow to the area. I would recommend a wound VAC until the wound it at skin level at least. Once it gets to skin level it will close faster. Plus the wound VAC will help to keep it clean, before I had the VAC i was cleaning it really good and it still got infected which took me back couple steps since i had a lot infected tissue removed. So think about it, they say the wound VAC will cut the healing in half, and I believe it did for me. Don't worry hun, it will heal just take it easy and let your body heal. I was told by my PS and my wound clinic not to over do it when i had the open wound, so you may want to wait on working out.
Ok. Thank you so much for the info! I appreciate it!

Hello!

Well it has been a long time since I've been on here, but I am still looking forward to my next procedure with dr Pantoja towards he end of the year. I will be having a mini tt and hopefully a breast lift and implants. But I have my work cut out for me, I need to drop 30 pounds! yes 30 pounds! my tummy is so flat and tight that there is no skin to pull down to fix my necrosis scar, so if I lose the weight I should be ok. hopefully I still have the curves I have now after the weight comes off. I stand at 170 and love my curves, but it is 10 pounds more then after my surgery, but I had a hard time when i was dealing with the necrosis so I am trying to get back to eating right. That's why I have turned back to realself, needing a little encouragement ladies. Losing weight is soooo hard!!
Hey girl..... sending encouraging ((vibes)) your way to help you toward your next journey! Hope all is well. ... any new pics?
Wow! It has been a long time!! You can do it! My girlfriend lost 100 lbs in 8 months by following the 6 week body makeover for all of 8 months! She also said she did the elliptical everyday for 45minutes. Best wishes, Twin.
Welcome back u can do this!!!!!!

Doing good!

So I have been able to drop 15 lbs, and now I have more motivation then when I first started dieting. Doing the weight watchers and its actually been very easy, now if I could just fit time in for working out I know I would lose much faster!
Would love to see how the wound looks closed up as mine is still having trouble closing.
How were u feeling around 6 weeks post op? I want to go to my state fair around 6 weeks post...u look great btw!
Ur looking great! Glad ur wound has healed! Isnt it a grear feeling to get rid of that wound vac?! Sending u good vibes!

the scar!!

Ok I have waited long enough to post it, but better late then never. My tt scar moved up dramatically when my wound closed up, my belly button is a little wrinkled now that I dropped couple pounds (luckily it wont matter since im getting a new one with my revision). Hard to see in the pics but I have a dent where the scar is, but I noticed the last few pounds that came off actually improved the appearance of the dent. But im definitely looking forward to getting it all fixed and getting my breast done as well, im just not sure when it will be. I will be seeing dr p next month, and its been a while so im hoping the scar tissue has softened enough to cut it away and fix this dent :)
It's been so long, I don't remember... did your doctor sew you shut? Is the dark scaring? or bunched skin? I'm still not closed :\ but I think my scaring is pretty light but still no belly button.
Bless your heart, youve been thru alot and I hope everything will turn out just how you want it after your revision, keep on a going girl!
No remember they wanted it to close on its own, per my Dr and the wound clinic. The dark is some scar and some skin mixed, but its actually a more pink color, looks a lot different color in the picture. Right in the middle is dark because that is my tt scar that has moved all the way up. The skin all around is wrinkly and creased in some areas from basically being pulled together by the natural closing of the wound, not sure if you can see in the pic. And the area is super sensitive to the touch, so even if I was ok with the way it looks I wouldn't be able to deal with the sensitivity my whole life so I have no choice but to have surgery again. My belly button has changed so much over the last few months, as its softened more and more. I wonder why yours still has not closed, do you still get the yell growing in? I feel like they should have never cut it away in the first place, they should have just let it close with the yellow and then it could have been addressed in a revision, at least then you could have been free from the cleaning and all that. I feel for you girly, it was rough caring for the open wound, and I hope it closes soon. Is your skin hard around and under there scar? Mine is and that's why I have to wait until it softens to have revision, plus I have been losing weight to make sure it does not happen again.
Mexico Plastic Surgeon