55 Years Young.... Eyelids Hanging over Make Me Feel and Look Tired and Old - T.J, Mexico

When I hit forty, I knew I was going to need an...

When I hit forty, I knew I was going to need an eyelid lift.... they had been bugging me for years. At 50, I thought I would give a present to myself so I started researching plastic surgeons. I spend the next couple years researching and interviewing doctors in the San Diego and Orange County area. A couple years ago I was at a "botox Party" and of course the women are all talking about the newest fads and procedures. I started speaking with these 3 women at least 10 years older than me and I noticed how fantastic they looked. They began to tell me about this clinic 15 minutes on the other side of the border and how the plastic surgeons were all wonderful. It was the only place they would ever go!!! Of course I was skeptical! I began researching and following Dr. Quiroz for almost a year before I actually placed my request for a virtual consultation. I made my appt. for surgery, gathered together all my lab work, which my American doctor and insurance took care of...faxed everything to them, and off I went. I was given the address to a convenient park and ride where my daughter dropped me off. I was picked up and driven across the border to the clinic where I met two of the doctors. Dr. Quiroz and Dr. De La Fuente, the dermatologist. I felt completely at ease with both and everyone in the clinic spoke perfect English. We went over my expectations and prepared for surgery. The dermatologist explained to me that my skin was in dire need of 3 fraxel laser sessions as the sun damage and wrinkling was prominent. I really appreciated the vision and long term goals the doctors shared with me..... but absolutely no pressure..... just honest opinions of what will prolong the aging process. The surgery was a complete success... and absolutely no pain! Swelling at first but within 7 days, my face looked 20 years younger. I am attaching photos for proof!!!! Since then I have had the 3 fraxel laser sessions and let me tell you.... my skin looks awesome.... not to mention this review comes a year late.... and I just went back to have lipo on my tummy, thighs, love handles and saddlebags..... look for the review and pics.... I won't post until the swelling has gone down and you can see the results... but let me tell you.... AWESOME!!! (next year an eyebrow lift and the following I'm going to have my 30 year old breast implants replaced..... I love this clinic!!!
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Quiroz is wonderful. He listens, he advises, tells you honestly what can and cannot be accomplished. We created a plan together that will keep me looking young well into my 60's and hopefully my 70's (I am 55 and 56 in this pics). I will never use another plastic surgeon..... I am so glad I took the risk and traveled across the border. I have no hesitations with the clinic or any of the doctors in it, nor the travel.... and I research everything to a fault!

Wow awesome results!
Wow u look amazing , what a difference from the before pics to after i really want mine done as i have excess skin on mine making me look tired and depressed , depressed i am but tired im not :( x
You look great! So happy for you! Was the fraxel for skin rejuvenation?
Yes... and by far it has had the best results over chemical peels and IPL's ...... my skin looks like a babies bottom...... and makeup applies flawlessly..... I can't believe how nice my skin looks!
Wow you look absolutely stunning, congrats.  How did you finally decide that you were comfortable going to this clinic?
My biggest fear was crossing the border..... when I found out they pick you up and drop you off on the U.S. side, it was a relief... although this past Saturday I had to have my stitches out, so my daughter (I took her to meet Dr. Quiroz and Dr. De La Fuente as she has substantial sun damage on her skin and at 32 her eyelids are starting to droop) ) and I decided to park and walk across so we could go shopping in T.J. afterwards. Not a problem! Picked up a cab on the other side and it was a 10 minute ride to the clinic. We both had massages while we were there and then took a cab back to the market place. Had a wonderful lunch and did some great shopping. It was a great afternoon and wonderful adventure.... ( I live in San Diego)
That makes sense.  I'm glad it worked out so easily.  Did your daughter have a consult or did she just come along and ask a couple questions during your appointment?
You look really amazing. Your eyes look totally naturaly. Question -- What did the fraxel do? For scarring? thanks.
Skin rejuvenation.... and let me tell you, It works!!! My skin has never looked better.....
How uncomfortable was the Fraxel?
U look amazing. I just had a brow lift & had wanted upper bleph but dr advised this first. I have same exact prob u had with lids & too much skin at 40. I had been wanting eyelid surgery for years. I'm one week post op & hoping it helps some. The under eye laser helped tremendously that he did while having brow lift surgery. Just wanted you to know I think your post op pics are beautiful.
Thanks.... and I just had lipo at the same clinic... my clothes were just not fitting the way they use to. I'm two weeks out and am loving it!!!! I'll be back in a bikini in no time!
Thanks! I am also in need of an eye brow lift. Dr. Quiroz and I discussed this prior to eye lid surgery so he compensated for this during surgery. Next June is my eye brow lift (I'm a teacher so I plan everything around my summer vacation....plus it allows me to save up for the surgery during the year)... good luck on your recovery and future eyelid lift!
Wow you look great!