Babysteps to a Better Me :) - Tinley Park, IL

My experience has moved pretty quickly bc I'm...

My experience has moved pretty quickly bc I'm having my procedure in 2 days. It was decided last week that I would have a cyst removed that we found during my MRI. Its huge this cyst. ...and the more I thought about getting it removed, I was like, welllllllll while you're there.....lol I asked about getting it a little more refined. I'm not super unhappy with my nose, but as i get older I hate how much my nose spreads when I smile. I paid my down payment and all my blood work/paperwork is done. I've been spending these past few days trying to get my house in order bc I know its gonna look like a bomb went off next week with having a teenager and 2nd grader with no referee to stay on top of them. My mom is coming in for a few days, but I'm not expecting her to clean or anything. I'm also trying to get all my prescriptions and after care stuff taken care of today so i can just relax after I get home.

My surgery experience

I had to be at Rush hospital at 6:15am and my nerves didnt quite kick in until i had to put my gown on. I've never had to be knocked out before and being the big baby I am, I kept welling up w tears. This is where I fell in love w/the Rush staff. Nothing but reassuring and friendly. My family came in to hangout w me after i got in my gown and started my IV. They gave me something to relax my nerves in my IV and next thing i know i'm being rolled off into the operating room. Everyone in there was great, i think i looked around at the light fixtures on the ceiling for like 2 minutes and i was out cold. Next thing i know, i'm sitting in recovery all bandaged up. The cyst is removed and my open rhino was a success. The pain is more annoying than anything. I'm not dying but the pain is there. I'm taking Norco every 4-5 hours. My mom is keeping track and taking care of me. I'd never be able to do this on my own between dealing w two kids and two barking dogs. It hurts to ice so im just doing it here and there as the pain allows. Im bleeding a little so i have gauze taped under my nose with tubes going upto my forehead. And one weird thing, my front top teeth hurt???? I love my travel pillow and moisturizing mouth spray very much right now too.

Surgery pics

Day of surgery pics

4 days later....

Still no bruising at all, but I moved around a lil too much today and started bleeding out both nostrils :( my mom's been a saint w me as far as keeping my medications on schedule, helping me change my gauze, and giving me a break from my two daughters that have endless energy. Pain isnt tooo bad but its there as expected. I took a shower last night to wash my hair, it was quick and on the cool side. Felt great. Kept my face away from the water of course. It was nice to sit out on the patio for a lil bit and enjoy the summer air today :)

First follow up visit since surgery!

I still really have no bruising. I went into complete panic mode taking my bandages off at the dr office this morning. I got lightheaded and felt dizzy. I almost started thinking "why did i do this?" They took the gauze off and my mom's face lit up. Her reaction made everything better. Then they gave me the mirror and i saw it looked swollen but i still looked like myself :) it was me but better :)) i had open rhino, stitches on the bottom of my nose and butterfly like stitches inside. They removed the 5 stitches under my nose and put on fresh bandages. I come back next week to finally remove the bandages for good. I go back tomorrow to get my splints removed. Im so prepared for pain tomorrow getting the splints out. LOL but my doctors have been so awesome and gentle with me.

First follow up visit

Before surgery pic

After follow up

Everything was taken off and cleaned out today. Splints and stitches came off so now i just have these bandages on for the next week. Really weird to breathe so free through my nose now, so clear :)
Midwest Sinus Center

Seriously hands down nicest doctors ever. They're whole staff is incredibly friendly and always made me feel so comfortable.