Great Experience with CosMed and Dr. Quiroz - Tijuana, MX

Dr. Quiroz performed my breast reduction and...

Dr. Quiroz performed my breast reduction and breast lift in 2010-- but more importantly he raised my self-confidence!

Before the procedure, I had pendulous and large breasts that I would smash into minimizer bras and still feel self-conscious in my clothes. I spent many years believing that the plastic surgery needed to fix them was very expensive and very painful-- I was wrong.

My mom was the first person in my family to see Dr. Quiroz who performed her eyebrow lift (she looks incredible and its been 4 years and she still looks ageless!). After her very positive experience, I knew I had to have Dr. Quiroz fix my breasts. He explained to me the pain level I would experience (a lot lower than I imagined) and gave me realistic expectations. I brought in countless photos of "after" breast reduction patients showing him what I wanted and what I did not want. He took down notes and I got exactly what I wanted.

The Cosmed Clinic was beautiful at the time of my surgery and it has since moved and its even more luxurious than before. My mom went back in 2 months ago to have her chin/neck lifted (once again, amazing results-- she almost looks younger than me (I am 26, shes 51!). Dr. Quiroz' staff is available and ready to work with you on scheduling, questions about the procedure, answer after hours calls when you have questions after your procedure, and they are honest (a rarity in the plastic surgery world where most doctors and staff promise you the world.) Dr. Quiroz is patient, allows you to ask all of your questions (I am the type who has many), kind, and understanding.

After my breast reduction and lift, I went home after I woke up. As I live in LA, I was able to just drive home and recuperate. My mom's last procedure required her to stay over in the new Cosmed recovery area where she had nurses and staff available for 24 hours a day. My breast surgery was less intensive so I could go home, but either way you do it, the recovery is comfortable. A couple times that we went to Cosmed, we stayed at the Marriott in TJ which is down the street from the clinic and had a great time. After my surgery, I was given a prescription to fill at the local farmacia for pain, but I was surprised about how little pain I was in. I had drainage tubes and was wrapped tightly, so that was the most uncomfortable part of the whole thing. Ten days after my surgery, I returned to Cosmed where I had my drains removed (weird feeling!) which made me feel instantly more comfortable. Two weeks later I returned again to have my many stitches removed (again, weird feeling!). After that, I did not have to go back (I am not sure how this all works when you dont live close to TJ) and I just waited for my breasts to fully heal. Took about 6 weeks intotal. At that point I was able to run (WOW! what a feeling not to have your boobs bounce into your face! haha) and I even moved my furniture into my new apartment when I started law school.

After my breasts fully healed, I was a new woman. I had confidence! I was going bra-less, wearing thin strapped dresses, halter bathing suits (no neck pain!), tube tops, and *gasp!* fitting into clothes!

My experience was so positive that I will be going back in next week to have liposculpture done on my stomach and arms. And, as I said above, my mom has had two major procedures done at Cosmed (forehead and neck) So, as a family we love Cosmed and will definitely going back in when beauty dictates. :)

Also, I know that some people come on this site and say that Cosmed staff are writing the positive reviews. I can assure you that I do not work for Cosmed or am related to anyone that works there. I am truly just a happy patient and my mom and I are so thankful that we found Dr. Quiroz because he has truly changed our lives!

Just leaving the recovery hotel boutique tomorrow after 8 days. I had a facelift done. I have been pampered, treated like a princess in the best environment which made this experience second to none. Dr Quiroz is an artist in his field and is a joy to deal with. This whole experience was a class act from beginning to end and I if I has to refer anyone, I would change absolutely nothing to my experience. Yogi from Calgary Canada
Thank you for your information. I would like to investigate this clinic (I am from Ontario) - do you have a link? Do you mind discussing cost? How is your recovery now?
You can read my posts under yogi from Calgary and you will find lots of info regarding Cosmed a Clinic, Dr Quiroz and the Recovery a Hotel Boutique.the cost is also in my review. If you need anymore info, please contact me anytime. You can also send me a private message. As for my recovery, it is going as expected if not slightly better. If you look at my pictures, you will see for yourself. I am very happy and have no regrets of my selection. Just wish that a facelift would not take such a long recovery. The technique used was the Smas. Good luck .
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

See above for my thoughts on Dr. Quiroz and his staff. :) I had such a positive experience at Cosmed with Dr. Quiroz that I will be returning next week and my mother has received two amazingly done procedures by Dr. Q. I would recommend him to anyone. I give him 5 stars because he deserves it, plain and simple. The clinic is clean and I felt better after waking up from my surgery than I have when waking up from surgery in the states. I have read its because they use better anesthesia because there are no HMO hoops to jump through like in the states. You get the good stuff that doesnt leave you groggy. The operating rooms are state of the art and everything is organized and in its place. In the waiting room, there are couches, magazines, tables, and a TV. You can even use the phone to call home to the US for free. Also, there are places to drive to or walk to easily to get food. The clinic is in a nice area of TJ where everyone around is just going to work or school, just like in the US. Additionally, there are security guards who watch you car (if you choose to drive) and make sure that only patients and their families are able to come into the office. You feel very safe and secure. Also, when you leave Cosmed, they give you a medical pass which allows you to skip the long line at the border (it. is. awesome.) so you can get out quickly without having to be stuck in lines when all you want to be is resting in bed.