I Hope It Works - Tijuana, Mexico

I am going to tijuana mexico to have my sleeve...

I am going to tijuana mexico to have my sleeve done with Dr. Fernando Garcia. I heard good things about him. If anyone has had him or heard anything about him please let me know. I hope it works. I am tried of trying to lose weight an it come back. I hope i am not hungry all the time. I am going to be 40 soon and I want to be a hot 40 yr old lol

Dr. Fernando Garcia

Hi, I have surgery scheduled sept 11th, 2013 with him. Can anyone tell me about him? and how did there surgery go? I want to know about infection rates and any complications people have had.
Hi Latina 1974, I am hoping to get my Op done with Dr. Fernando Garcia as well, i stumbled upon his page a few days ago but i have been looking into this procedure for moths (tad bit nervous). I was wondering if their was anything you can tell me about Dr. G and his staff? Did you go to any consultations with him? Do they tell you when to get on the pre-op diet? How many consultations did you attend with them? Are you taking any Vitamins? Sorry im asking a gazillion questions but i feel the more i know the better... I live about 6hrs north of Tijuana so it makes it a little complicated for me to just jump on a plane and go... (not to mention work) please let me know as much as you can, all information is GREATLY appriciated!

Hi Latina, Welcome and thanks for sharing your journey with us!

Wow, your big day will be here in no time. Are you all prepared? Are you on your pre-op diet yet?

It's completely normal to be nervous. The thing to remember is that this is a tool to help you. As long as you treat it right then it will work. The success of WLS is usually 50% the surgery and 50% the person. You have to put in a lot of hard work, but the surgery helps you with that and makes the hard work a little easier to deal with.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your starting weight?

My starting weight is 230, an I am paying $5000 not $500. lol.Yes I am starting my pre-op diet.

Thanks for clarifying. What does your pre-op diet consist of, if you don't mind sharing.