Rhinoplasty Coming Up! - Tijuana, Mexico

Hi! I'm 27 and I've never had plastic surgery....

Hi! I'm 27 and I've never had plastic surgery. Naturally, I'm very nervous. I'm also scared because I'm driving south to Tijuana, Mexico to have it done there. My price is very low because my friend's dad is doing the surgery. I've heard plenty of horror stories about botched plastic surgery there, but I'm confident in my chosen surgeon, Dr Campos Leon. If anyone knows any further information regarding this surgeon, do share! Also, any tips on traveling to Mexico (where to stay, etc) would be greatly appreciated. I joined this site mainly to read what the recovery is all about-this is the part I'm most nervous about. When can I expect to go back to work? I requested only a week off...maybe more time will be needed?

Changing doctor!!!

So I found out some things about my chosen doctor (I somehow got Dr Campos and Dr May confused.) I thought I was going to dr campos but turns out I was actually being sent to Dr May. Anyway, I'm now going to Dr Saldana. Anyone know anything about him? I probably seem like a crazy person changing doctors but somehow there was a huge miscommunication. Yikes. Anyway, I'm still trying to get scheduled for the 6th of January. Any information is welcome!

Side profile (before)

Ok, you've all helped me reconsider...

Since my last post I've done a lot of research. I stay awake at night researching until I can't keep my eyes open anymore. I'm still going through with rhinoplasty, but I've narrowed it down to two AMERICAN facial plastic surgeons. I haven't met with either of them yet but I have consultations scheduled with both. Dr Karam in San Diego charges less than Dr Fleming in Beverly Hills, but they both look like they do outstanding work. Based on my research, too many people have to get revision surgery-I cannot be one of those people. So, my rational side has pumped the brakes and I'm holding out until I find the very best facial plastic surgeon California has to offer. If anyone has experience with either of these doctors, or has any recommendations on how to go about making a final decision, please share! And another thing-please be nice! I've had comments from some less-than-friendly people on this site and it isn't necessary! Thanks all!
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

You have so many inconsistencies you should remove your post.
Did u ever go through with the surgery?
If you are still looking for a surgeon, consider Dr. Bustillo in Miami. He is excellent and very subtle. Perfect for what you need, since you are starting with a good nose and just want it tweeked slightly to achieve perfection.

Thank you for your update! I'm very relieved to hear that you're doing so much research. :)

I'm going to be honest, I think your nose looks really weird and awkward in the "after" simulation you've put up. Kind of like a baby alien nose on a woman's face. You look sooooo much prettier in the "before." I'd be genuinely surprised if a reputable surgeon would agree to touch your nose- especially to make it look as tiny and narrow as you seem to want it.
Those simulator applications are hard to use and don't really give realistic results. I was only trying to get an idea of what a narrower nose would look like because I couldn't picture it on myself at all. I don't want a baby alien face. Natural is good. Thanks for commenting!
okay, that makes sense. I just wanted to play devil's advocate in case no one else would because that "after" really looks weird on you and way too small/narrow for your face. I'm sure your surgeon can improve your tip if that's what you're worried about (even though I think your current nose looks fantastic!) but making it look like your after morph would doing way more harm than good in my opinion. anyway, good luck!
I just read your update haha-after my little offering of advice..I think your 8 steps ahead those are both great surgeons from what I've seen :)
Then again if and when you do find the perfect surgeon for you..where your both confident and optimistic about the outcome as well as everything including financial falling into place definitely go for a finesse rhino!!! I think the bottom line which you've already decided is dont go to Tijuana lol
I absolutely second the last comment-I don't mean to be too invasive with repetitive comments, but sometimes people get hung up on perceived imperfections when its kinda irrelevant..think of all other ways you could improve your appearance with 8 grand!! What I really like about your nose is it seems perfectly straight, good symmetry, elegantly high bridge w/ no NOTICEABLE bump and the width seems to go well with your face..then again if those pics are deceivingly complimentary then go for it but just think.. It seems like most of the horror stories on this website stem from recipients who had little to gain in the first place If you go thru with a procedure I look forward to seeing you pic but either way you are beautiful :)
I hope you don't mind me saying this, but you have the IDEAL nose! It's so perfect and fits every feature you have so well you look like a doll. I mean of course you should always do what you want to do for 'you' but so many people on this site are telling their surgeons THIS is the nose they want. As for the simulation it looks extremely unnatural, you may even experience breathing difficulties. I'd suggest nose contouring make-up as your nose is already slip and that kind of technique would do the trick. X All in all however I hope whatever happens it comes out great and your happy. :3
Agree with other posts ... your nose is beautiful and fits your face ... your morph is too thin and not natural ... and do not go with a surgeon because of connections ... go with the best surgeon you can afford ... best wishes.
Your nose is perfect...
I just want it to be narrower! I want a smaller version of it all around. I just looked at your photos and you are beautiful! Looks like a total rhino success story. Love it.
I completely agree with those who said you don't need a nose job.your nose fits your face perfectly.
Thank you!
I really like Dr. Hilinski's before/after photos. He's got great credentials (Ivy League education, completed a well respected and sought after fellowship), and his results are sooo natural looking. I just love how he keeps the patient looking like themselves and makes such subtle changes. It seems like his work is consistent with what you're looking for--just minor changes. He's based in San Diego and has tons of before/afters on his website. Even if you don't like his work, I found his website was good for learning about rhinoplasty. I personally would have gone for him if I wasn't living on the East Coast. The idea of getting on a plane for my rhinoplasty was too unnerving.
Me too! His before and afters are awesome! I'm definitely going to schedule a consult with him.
I didn't go to grigoryants but he was my second choice! And he is great I think he is just conservative enough-yet truly makes it look good He quoted me 8500 if that helps Not sure how simple of a case yours is :)
I didn't go to him either but I almost did and he's very qualified! I he does really perfect noses and he's probably the only non ENT I would consider going with
You didn't go with who? I looked at dr Grigoyants before and afters tonight and I'm definitely going to schedule a consultation with him!
Yayyy so happy you decided to further your search!!! I also highly reccommend dr grigoryants, considering your starting with a satisfactory nose..his aesthetic is probably perfect for you Look up his before and afters and good luck!
Ignore the people that aren't being friendly. You're really pretty, you don't want someone ruining your face so make sure you find someone who is very experienced. Personally I think going to somewhere like Mexico for surgery a bad idea, glad you've changed your mind and finding someone based in the US. I've got my surgery tomorrow in the UK. Good luck with everything :)
How exciting! I can't wait to see it!!!! Good luck!
There are lots of excellent surgeons in Mexico, as one can deduce by doing thorough research. It is not so much the location, but the skill, of the surgeon that should be considered.