Rhinoplasty Coming Up! - Tijuana, Mexico

Hi! I'm 27 and I've never had plastic surgery....

Hi! I'm 27 and I've never had plastic surgery. Naturally, I'm very nervous. I'm also scared because I'm driving south to Tijuana, Mexico to have it done there. My price is very low because my friend's dad is doing the surgery. I've heard plenty of horror stories about botched plastic surgery there, but I'm confident in my chosen surgeon, Dr Campos Leon. If anyone knows any further information regarding this surgeon, do share! Also, any tips on traveling to Mexico (where to stay, etc) would be greatly appreciated. I joined this site mainly to read what the recovery is all about-this is the part I'm most nervous about. When can I expect to go back to work? I requested only a week off...maybe more time will be needed?
You are beautiful and I don't see anything wrong with your nose.
Tips on where to stay in Tijuana.. Well I will be staying at hotel pueblo amigo its a 5 star but I got a discount through my surgeons coordinator.
We are getting surgery on the same day, same location (but I am going to a different surgeon)! How awesome is that!!!

Changing doctor!!!

So I found out some things about my chosen doctor (I somehow got Dr Campos and Dr May confused.) I thought I was going to dr campos but turns out I was actually being sent to Dr May. Anyway, I'm now going to Dr Saldana. Anyone know anything about him? I probably seem like a crazy person changing doctors but somehow there was a huge miscommunication. Yikes. Anyway, I'm still trying to get scheduled for the 6th of January. Any information is welcome!
Hey! You are really pretty. Make sure you are sure about your doctor and be willing to spend lots of money on the BEST doctor. This is your face. Check out my profile - I went thru 5 doctors to finally find the best one. It is costing me about 7500$. Which I'm willing to spend. Will you post a side profile?
I just posted a pic of my side profile. (Hate it) I know it sounds gnarly going to Mexico for surgery but plenty of people from Southern California do it and I see amazing results. I'm definitely not done doing my research. I obviously care a lot about my face so not just Gonna get Some back ally surgery. I appreciate your input and love hearing everyone's stories!
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Side profile (before)

1. I see nothing to be improved on with your nose 2. The simulation, as you even mentioned, is weird and unnatural and not an improvement and there is no improvement to be made on the frontal view! 3. Tijuana? Really? A cheap nose job won't make up for a lifetime of pain and subsequent surgeries when it goes wrong. Also, just so you know, I went with a referral from a friend, and it doesn't matter if they are related or not.... she had a decent nose job,, and I got botched. So don't base a life-changing (for better or for the absolute worst) on one referral, from someone who especially has reason to give you the referral because it is their family member, who did not have surgery herself. And even if you know one person who got a good result, you need to weigh that against typical results of a doctor. I am not saying he is not a good surgeon but you should be doing MANY consults especially since most surgeons with integrity would tell you they won't operate on you. You said yourself, you know the scary stories from these surgeries on the cheap in other countries. You don't even know what kind of standards and regulations their hospitals have. Be safe.
Please don't touch your nose! it's perfect!
krbdoley, from looking at your pictures I don't see why you want to have it done, your nose looks perfect.

Ok, you've all helped me reconsider...

Since my last post I've done a lot of research. I stay awake at night researching until I can't keep my eyes open anymore. I'm still going through with rhinoplasty, but I've narrowed it down to two AMERICAN facial plastic surgeons. I haven't met with either of them yet but I have consultations scheduled with both. Dr Karam in San Diego charges less than Dr Fleming in Beverly Hills, but they both look like they do outstanding work. Based on my research, too many people have to get revision surgery-I cannot be one of those people. So, my rational side has pumped the brakes and I'm holding out until I find the very best facial plastic surgeon California has to offer. If anyone has experience with either of these doctors, or has any recommendations on how to go about making a final decision, please share! And another thing-please be nice! I've had comments from some less-than-friendly people on this site and it isn't necessary! Thanks all!
You have so many inconsistencies you should remove your post.
Did u ever go through with the surgery?
If you are still looking for a surgeon, consider Dr. Bustillo in Miami. He is excellent and very subtle. Perfect for what you need, since you are starting with a good nose and just want it tweeked slightly to achieve perfection.
San Diego Plastic Surgeon