Having the Gastric Sleeve Done - Mexico, MX

I am having the gastric sleeve done. I have...

I am having the gastric sleeve done. I have schedule my surgery for April 15 with Dr. Fernando Garcia in Tijuana Mexico. I am very nervous. I hope it works. I will be so disappointed if it does not. I am so tried of struggling with my weight. If anyone has had surgery with him. I could use some insight please.

Dr, Fernando Gzrcia

I had my surgery there and it was a total nightmare. I had a band placed. Not same Dr but same area. I had infection from the time I got home and no one in the states would touch me. When I called the Dr in Mexico convienently he was not able to be reached. I had the band removed in 2011 and severe damage to my stomach causing gastroparesis. The band had eroded through my stomach. I hope you have better luck than I did. The Drs here finally saw me when they knew it was life or death. Please consider having the surgery in the USA no matter what you have to do. It is worth it.

Hi Latina, Welcome and thanks for sharing your journey with us!

Wow, your big day will be here in no time. Are you all prepared? Are you on your pre-op diet yet?

It's completely normal to be nervous. The thing to remember is that this is a tool to help you. As long as you treat it right then it will work. The success of WLS is usually 50% the surgery and 50% the person. You have to put in a lot of hard work, but the surgery helps you with that and makes the hard work a little easier to deal with.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your starting weight?