Ethnic Rhinoplasty - Tijuana, Mexico

I have been wanting a nose job for a loooong time....

I have been wanting a nose job for a loooong time. I am African and Native American and have an interesting shaped nose, it is very wide from the front and sharp looking from the profile. I wanted to just make it overall smaller but I didn't want anything pointy or too turned up I really wanted to keep the round ethnic look to my nose. I found Dr. Gutierrez around 2007 when I was going to get lipo in 3 areas. At the time I knew that medical tourism was very popular and that the procedure would be much cheaper out of the country. I felt Mexico would be great because it's not so far that the price of travel would be high and the prices are very reasonable.
My next concern was finding a good reputable Surgeon with lots of accolades, long story short Dr. Gutierrez was the best pick. However, at the time my money nor schedule worked out back then. Fast forward I was going to get the lipo in January but 2 weeks before the surgery I realized that I would not be able to take 10 days off of work again anytime soon and I knew that I could get lipo another time and require less time off and that it would be best to use this time off to heal from a rhinoplasty instead. I am sooooo glad I made that decision. Prior to the decision I remembered that Dr. Gutierrez had lots of rhinoplasty background on ethnic noses and I knew he would understand what I wanted.
Dr. Gutierrez and his staff are so professional and very wonderful sweet people. My sister got a tummy tuck and Dr. Gutierrez even prayed with her prior to the surgery. He is one of the nicest people I have ever met and his nurse Rachel was very sweet and caring, they made us feel safe and welcomed. I will def be going back to him for my lipo, he did a phenomenal! job on my sister's tummy tuck her scar area is so super smooth no huge stiches or scabs just a smooth line. Hopefully she will post her story here.
Today is the 6th day post op so I will add more pics later when the swelling goes down so I can get a better idea of the shape but so far so good and I really love it :-)

pics description

I noticed that the site took off a lot of my picture captions so I wanted to say that what I wanted change the most was that huge width you see when I smiled and how big my nares where and the sharpness of my profile. The bandage pics are the latest and were taken on the 6th day post op. The pics start at post op up to the 6th day and the pics are taken in consecutive order except the very last one, im not sure why it's at the end but that was actually post gauze removal.
P.S I took the bandage off today to get some air and clean my skin underneath and all I can say is that my nose is sooooo cute! it looks so much like my wish pic, I love the definition, cant wait to post some update pics :-)

11 day post op pics :-)

well I know I wasn't going to put up pics for a month but I wanted to go and show the post bandage nose. Although I am still going to wear my bandage at night for another week because I am supposed still have it on for a couple more days but I have to work so I'm going to do it my way. Keep in mind my nose (especially top bridge bone area and tip).
The bridge bone pic shows how he got rid of the bump and smoothed it out. I used to be able to touch the bone and you could see it , it looked like a bump across my bridge. It was contributing to the width a lot because it made my nose flare out. I'm sooo glad its gone, I cant stop touching it it's so weird to not see or feel it anymore

11 day post op

*I meant to say keep in mind my nose is still swollen (2nd paragraph ending)

11 day post op 2

Oh I wanted to add that I didn't realize how many stitches I was going to have in my nose, there are a lot in there lol. I have a couple stitches in the corners 2 were he reduced the nostrils. He did a great job on the stiching because I don't have any scars.

first time "going out" with my new nose lol

I went out Saturday night for the first time post op and wanted to share a pic of me my make up, hair and new cute nose lol :-)

side

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

My doctor was amazing and so were the staff. They picked us up and took us back to our hotel for both follow up appointments free of charge.

Best result ive seen so far. Been stalking this site for a while now, ur result is Amazing! Thanks for sharing. Hoping to get mine done soon,I just added him to my top list. Thanks!
WOW, one of the best results I've seen to this date. You look like an improved version of yourself, cool!
Is that a firm price or is he willing to go down?
That is an extremely fair price for a job very well done and a price much less than you can get anywhere else.
Dr Roberto Guerrero in Dominican Republic charges 2000 and on his site the nose jobs look good but had anyone heard of him any info?
You actually got your surgery done on my birthday. Thursday afternoon I will be getting mine done by the same doctor. I look at this as being a very good sign!
I hope you had a great birthday! Did you still have surgery on Thursday??
Thank you, my birthday wasn't that great, but this new year is awesome. I had my surgery yesterday. I am in the bed resting at the moment. From what I been able to see from the bad ages so far is that the doctor did an extraordinary job. You can see the shape and tip through the wrapping and he did exactly what I asked for. My bridge and overall width of my nose is a lot more narrow and well defined. I can tell that I am going to be extremely happy with the overall results. This is just the morning after by the way. Your first 24 hours you will stay and be cared for by the clinic. Let me tell you they really care for you. Top notch clinic and nurses. I am very very impressed. Later today I will be checking into my hotel with a Monday follow up. At the moment they are fixing me breakfast. My over all cost for the survey was only $4625.00. Which is a huge discount to what other doctors who had less proof of prior surgeries. I am a very satisfied customer and would do more work and refer this doctor to whoever would like work like this done. Totally top notch. All praises to The Most High! For guiding me here.
Sorry to hear that your birthday was not that great. I'm sure the feeling your getting from your new nose is making up for that "not so great" birthday you had. I'm so ready for my surgery, May 6. I'm having my nose done by the same Dr. His staff is soooooo helpful. I'm pretty sure I've called the office at least 20 times within the last few days. Do you have any pics of your nose??
Not yet. Right now it is completely concealed. But I do notice the difference alerdy with the bridge and tip through the bandage. I am still getting use to having to breath out of my mouth, but it is only for a couple more days.
How are you and your new nose doing?? ;)
Doing well thanks for asking. I am pretty swollen right now though and was told to expect it to be this way for 3 - 6 months.
Question, was your surgery open or closed?
It was an open surgery.
you look amazing
Wow your nose looks beautiful in the after pictures! I've wanted a rhinoplasty since I was 13. My nose is wide, nostrils huge, tip a little droopy and your nose is perfect for your face. I love how it still has an ethnic look to it. I'm looking into traveling to Mexico for mine as well, absolutely cannot wait! Awesome post and congrats on your new beautiful look!
Hi, Gine83 Firstly, I would like to thank you for posting your updates. I have been on realself since 2008 but unregistered. Saw you post a few times but wanted to see more updates to reply. You look stunning by the way. Like you I did my research been to few appoints but fell back to decide who's good. My current nose looks like you past nose, except I am a male. Please let me know what you requested from the doctor I.e refine tip, bridge narrowed? So I can ask for these improvement. Although, I am thinking In fall since summer is approaching. As well is the cost everything & USD? I am canadian so will need to convert. Thank you,
I am exactly a week out from my procedure. I will post pics also but Gina is so right I keep having to tell myself that it's normal to be nervous..
Thank you for sharing my nose is also similar to yours, but wider. I am looking into getting this procedure done as soon as next week by the same doctor, because of your post.
I am so jealous your nose looks great. You look beautiful (Kinda resemble Amerie now) I have the same problem you had. I have a very wide nose and that without smiling so when i do smile its waaay to much. After seeing your pictures i only dream of the same or atleast similar outcome. I would also like to change the overall size. Price is amazing and now i defiantly feel encouraged to go for it after years and years just thinking about getting it done.
Omg i'm shock..Your nose looks great the type of change i could only dream of wow. You really look beautiful ad kind of resemble Amerie in your after picture. I have always wanted a nose job for the same reason my nose is way too wide for my face. If i had the same result as you i would pop champagne lol
Im unsure whether or not you've already answered this in my previous question, but where did you stay before and after your procedure? And excluding the surgery, about how much did you spend including air fare and hotel?
Never mind lol!
Lol selective answering...I see
That looks like some great work. Very natural! Thank you for your upfront and honest review. Really interesting to follow. How is your nose now? Any new pics? Am thinking of getting rhinoplasty next year. After seeing your review, this Dr will now be one that I will be taking into consideration for my list.