Ethnic Rhinoplasty - Tijuana, Mexico

I have been wanting a nose job for a loooong time....

I have been wanting a nose job for a loooong time. I am African and Native American and have an interesting shaped nose, it is very wide from the front and sharp looking from the profile. I wanted to just make it overall smaller but I didn't want anything pointy or too turned up I really wanted to keep the round ethnic look to my nose. I found Dr. Gutierrez around 2007 when I was going to get lipo in 3 areas. At the time I knew that medical tourism was very popular and that the procedure would be much cheaper out of the country. I felt Mexico would be great because it's not so far that the price of travel would be high and the prices are very reasonable.
My next concern was finding a good reputable Surgeon with lots of accolades, long story short Dr. Gutierrez was the best pick. However, at the time my money nor schedule worked out back then. Fast forward I was going to get the lipo in January but 2 weeks before the surgery I realized that I would not be able to take 10 days off of work again anytime soon and I knew that I could get lipo another time and require less time off and that it would be best to use this time off to heal from a rhinoplasty instead. I am sooooo glad I made that decision. Prior to the decision I remembered that Dr. Gutierrez had lots of rhinoplasty background on ethnic noses and I knew he would understand what I wanted.
Dr. Gutierrez and his staff are so professional and very wonderful sweet people. My sister got a tummy tuck and Dr. Gutierrez even prayed with her prior to the surgery. He is one of the nicest people I have ever met and his nurse Rachel was very sweet and caring, they made us feel safe and welcomed. I will def be going back to him for my lipo, he did a phenomenal! job on my sister's tummy tuck her scar area is so super smooth no huge stiches or scabs just a smooth line. Hopefully she will post her story here.
Today is the 6th day post op so I will add more pics later when the swelling goes down so I can get a better idea of the shape but so far so good and I really love it :-)

pics description

I noticed that the site took off a lot of my picture captions so I wanted to say that what I wanted change the most was that huge width you see when I smiled and how big my nares where and the sharpness of my profile. The bandage pics are the latest and were taken on the 6th day post op. The pics start at post op up to the 6th day and the pics are taken in consecutive order except the very last one, im not sure why it's at the end but that was actually post gauze removal.
P.S I took the bandage off today to get some air and clean my skin underneath and all I can say is that my nose is sooooo cute! it looks so much like my wish pic, I love the definition, cant wait to post some update pics :-)

11 day post op pics :-)

well I know I wasn't going to put up pics for a month but I wanted to go and show the post bandage nose. Although I am still going to wear my bandage at night for another week because I am supposed still have it on for a couple more days but I have to work so I'm going to do it my way. Keep in mind my nose (especially top bridge bone area and tip).
The bridge bone pic shows how he got rid of the bump and smoothed it out. I used to be able to touch the bone and you could see it , it looked like a bump across my bridge. It was contributing to the width a lot because it made my nose flare out. I'm sooo glad its gone, I cant stop touching it it's so weird to not see or feel it anymore

11 day post op

*I meant to say keep in mind my nose is still swollen (2nd paragraph ending)

11 day post op 2

Oh I wanted to add that I didn't realize how many stitches I was going to have in my nose, there are a lot in there lol. I have a couple stitches in the corners 2 were he reduced the nostrils. He did a great job on the stiching because I don't have any scars.

first time "going out" with my new nose lol

I went out Saturday night for the first time post op and wanted to share a pic of me my make up, hair and new cute nose lol :-)

side

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

My doctor was amazing and so were the staff. They picked us up and took us back to our hotel for both follow up appointments free of charge.