16 Days Post Op - Mexico, MX

I just wanted to share my experience so far as for...

I just wanted to share my experience so far as for a few days after this procedure all I did was search online websites for information and I'm hoping that this review will spare some people the panic I experienced.
in a nutshell the recovery is major. I've had my eyes and nose done before and was told to expect swelling. Fat transfer (I did whole face) is a whole different type of swelling. the bruising I expected and didn't shock me (took 12 days to go without makeup)

the swelling however made my face at first very hard - I didn't expect that and the swelling got worse for a few days (especially in the morning) yep I took arnica and everything else but this was pretty crazy swelling.
because I didn't expect it I was very panicked and quite depressed - my doctor was fabulous at giving me the support I needed but I was pretty much in shock.

forget doing anything for the first week, I went out to the store in week 2 but I still felt very odd. now the swelling was going down in places and there were lumps. I was told this was all very normal. today is day 16 and I feel fine without makeup and I am back to work. my cheeks are still firm and im sure they look swollen (but not totally crazy), the lumps are just about gone and I can really see the light at the end of the rainbow. I now feel really good about it all but these last 2 weeks have been intense and quite upsetting. Had I known exactly what to expect I would have been totally fine about it.

my doctor told me "swelling" but we have different ideas on what that means :)
So if you are considering facial fat transfer I would give yourself 2 weeks minimum and even then you are feeling odd. this is my 3rd week and I can see/feel how much swelling is still to go but now I feel good about it.
I had full face and if I had only done cheeks I feel the downtime would have been a lot less and the firmness/swelling didn't last as long there.
So if you're like me and reading reviews AFTER the procedure I do hope this helps

Be the first to comment...

Please join RealSelf or sign in.