Booked Surgery!!! - Tijuana, Baja California

Well about 3 years ago I started to not like my...

Well about 3 years ago I started to not like my nose I felt like it was too big, the bridge is skinny and then the rest is circular like a clown nose lol. I started looking into rhinoplasty and said I was gonna do it eventually when I was in my vacation in college and my first year is done and since I have summer vacays to consult with this doctor that my neighbors recommended because her and her son got it done with Dr. Arturo Gonzalez in Tijuana. So I went on the beginnig of June and he couldn't make it so I recently went Monday to TJ and waited for him to arrive since he has to cross the border as well since he lives in San Diego. So I finally talked to him and he told me it was a little too wide and showed me pics of one girl with similar and said the eyes show more and ur whole facial expression changed for the better of course. He said when I became old the tip wouldve drooped. He is super funny and I felt really good because all the staff there he said has had rhino, I talked to his assistants, secretary and they love their nose and they said he is conservative he doesn't like his patients to look like theyve had surgery done he likes it to look natural!!

Surgery today!!!!

I am super duper nervous right now all these thought are running through my head!! I just hope everythig goes well.

Done!!

Well finally I'm on my way back from the border I had my surgery end around 12pm and it sure feels tingly and I feel like I have a cold and ny throat hurts as well I'm pretty sure from the tube. I'm still not swollen or bruised YET

So my neck is killing me!!

So my throat started hurting worse over the night I think my neck pillow made it worse cuz the side of ny neck feels super sore I can't really swallow idk why does anyone else feel like this it hurts more than the actual nose??

Nose feels hard

So I don't know if its supposed to feel like this but my nose feels like super hard like a rock I'm not sure if the tape is puttig the pressure and the stitches outside my nose kind of hurt also, I didn't know it was gonna be quite painful

i feel like the tip is way too high

The doctor told me yo not make me look piggy and he said no but that when he taped it it would look like that I just hope it doesn't stay that way

pic

Oops I meant to say I told the doctor

face gets super oily

My whole face gets so shiny and oily even tho I clean it with a towel kinda annoying and these stitches are still super uncomfortable since I have em on the outside of the nostrils they look gross also

Stitches

So my stitches are super tight and I can't smile or laugh but today I've been tempted to laugh or tried laughing but I feel like there exending itd kinda painful and iI on't want them to rip:'(

!!

I want this cast off already I want my tip to go down it'd just weird seeing so much nostril when I didn't even have mine show so much!!!

:'(

So last night I kept waking up and couldnt sleep much because my stitches were itching and nose under the cast as well i wanted to scratch it so badly! I'm also scared that when the cast comes off it still looks piggy!!

Soo

It turns out that I got my cast off but he had to put tape all around it for another week and I get the stitches off until next week which sux cuz they get itchy!! It hurt so bad when he was touchig it all over it felt so sore and its super swollen!! Well I'm glad for the girls that got their cast off today hopefully u guys love it!

:'(

I've been so sad it sucks, the nurses and stuff told me that depression is normal but idk why I'm feeling like I did a huge mistake I'm scared I'm gonna look completely different its a horrible feeling and I wish I would've thought it better!!!

Months Afterr

Okay where should I start well all these months have passed by and let me start off by this whole decision gave me severe depression and I couldn't take it. There was a point where I just wanted to die. I didn't eat and cried all day everyday for about 15 days in august. I thought I wasn't the same person, that I ruined my face and all I wanted was my old nose. I hated myself for going through something that just popped in my head out of nowhere. I felt like I betrayed myself. I did go to the hospital twice, I went to see psychiatrists for medication and therapists. My mom pretty much did everything in her hands to see me get better she would call my friends to cheer me up, took me to TJ for life changing groups, pretty much took me everywhere that would benefit me. I have to say that therapy did work for me and the medication which I am no longer taking thank god! I learned to accept my nose and I actually see the same person as before. Its funny because friends that haven't seen me in while and see me don't even notice anything which makes actually makes me feel much better. Here's some pictures to show how I look now.

More now pics!

So the time keeps passing by and I can honestly say that my nose doesn't bother me as much anymore. I feel like its part of me now and sometimes I forget I even went through the whole surgery and that I was able to conquer the horrible depression state that I was sumberged into. I can look in the mirror and not get repulsed by what I'm looking at. And I can sometimes pin point how it looks better than before! I thought I would never be able to go out in public and not be worried of what people would say. I can look at people in the eyes just like before and be my old self. It was a long process which does take time and you heal your heart and emotions. Swelling wise I still feel swelling its not as hard as it used to be but I do feel stiffness in the tip. I can rub it when i feel runny nose but Inot very hard as before which sucks. Those black heads that I got are still there but not as visible. Sometimes I feel like my collumella moves and shifts to one side which is really weird ill have to ask my doc about that. Also it still here oily especially overnight which I think its swelling. But yeah just wanted to let you guys know a Lil more about this nose!
Dr. Arturo Gonzalez Romero

Yeah I couldn't find information as well on the internet since they work in TJ. I actually made an appt to go see him. He lives in San Diego but works in TJ because he studied in Mexico and in Europe. He works in mexico because he wants to help patients without charging so much $$ like in the U.S. his price range is $2500-3000$ the most for rhinoplasty. Medac has a dentist clinic also and the dentists have had rhino ,his secretaries, and his assistants have gotten nose job from him. They all look very good. That's actually what pushed me in getting it by seeing mostly all his staff getting rhino and other procedures done. I didn't know I was going to get depression from this whole process but now that I have conquered it I see things way differently and I do actually like my nose and I do think I look way better than before even tho he only made it less wide. Seeing myself with the cast and seeing the tip look piggy was a complete shock I wasn't mentally prepared to see it compared to my previous nose. It was all the tape and badaging that made it look like that I wouldn't listen tho but once he took it off it went down. All the bandgaing is for the nose tip to not hang after the swelling subsides. The assistants and staff are really nice they helped me through some of my depression phase in what they could. There actually is a lot of patients that come from the US who do procedures in TJ but I do recommend Dr. Gonzalez because he is very conservative. He says that he doesn't like his patients to walk around and make people notice that they got something done. So in that aspect people won't even notice that you got something done. Your just going to look much better:) He is very professional and he makes ur nose fit your face and knows what is good for it. But however you want it to look he will accomplish it. When my nose didn't have the tape and stuff it looked very puffy and big but after the swelling is going down it starts looking great on face. I hope this helps you any more questions you have feel free to ask me!!!:)
My friend works for a clinic in TJ that refers their patients to Medac; specifcally to Dr. Gonzalez-Romero. He told me about this doctor and I decided to do some research but as a person mentioned below, I was unable to locate helpful info. on the doctor. I'm also more cautious being that this doctor practices in TJ where regulations are way more lax than those of the U.S. (where I live). I need a rhinoplasty bad. I hate my nose. So my question to you is, are you completely satisfied with the results? I did read that you were bothered by the "piggy" look post-surgery. Did you have that look because of all of the bandaging? What is your overall experience with staff, hospital and doctor pre and post surgery? Would you recommend me to do it here based on your experience? Thanks and sorry for so many questions but this will be very helpful for me.
Very pretty:)
Thanks:)
congratulation. it's awesome. I can not find any website related to this Dr. the one in google I search it's blocked. Can you plz tell how can I find some info about him.thx congratulation. it's awesome. I can not find any website related to this Dr. the one in google I search it's blocked. Can you plz tell how can I find some info about him.thx
Thanks. If you search the clinic where he works at it is called Medac in Tijuana, Baja California you may find info on him. And if you call the secretary they may give you some info. Hope it helps
You look awesome!!! I can totally relate to you on the depression phase, I went through it the first 2 weeks. I will be a month post monday and I am finally starting to accept my new nose.
Thats really good that you are accepting your nose it is probably the hardest to do. I'm glad your able to accept it so soon in your process. Now its just going to get better from now on:)
Hi Latin, I know how hard it is. I felt that way, too. You're doing great, though, don't worry! Your nose will be beautiful. You are already beautiful, and this healing process is hard. But little by little, you will have more relief. Whatever you need, be it quiet time, heat or ice on your face, sleep, or a funny movie, or a walk: just do it to get through it.
Hey, yea idk all these emotions suck, it seems like I'm the only person who feels like this sometimes, and thank you so much, yea I didn't realize that the healing part would be so hardd!! Ik gonna try and so things to get my mind off of it I think being home all day isn't helping thanks so much again it helps a lot that ppl have gone thru this as well!!
Yes, it's interesting what happens to our minds when we're forced to do nothing. Lol. I realize how full of activity and distractions that life is.
Hey girl, dont be sad!! I totally know now how it feels to feel the same way, some sadness, regret, and thinking you should have done something different. HOWEVER, you are still only 11 days post op! I am only 5 days and Im already going a little nutso but we have to be patient, we will get through this ;) Keep your head up!
Hey, I know it sucks I just can't help it but think that I made a mistake and can't stop crying I even talked to my doctor but idk I feel like I won't be the same person! Yea cuz that's all u think about now its like the brain plays weird games on us. I hope so, thank you so much for all your kind words you already look great congrats!!
don't be sad!! it's going to be okay! you paid for perfection, so technically you're upset that you're prettier!! You didn't betray your "old" self because you're still the same person!! this will get better!
My nose was pretty upturned too in the cast/tape, should come down! :)
Yea it was scary how high it was, u just yourself another way and get all nervous, and yea I hope it does more!!
Aww...that stinks about the stitches and although it seems like a long time when its all said and done it will be a distant memory. As for the tape...my doc said I just had to put tape across the nose when I sleep for a month. Do you like the results from what you see with the tape?
Yea I guess there supposed to be therefor 2 weeks and yea i hope so. Oh really just a strip of tape ? And he taped it all over like when I had the cast on but it looks less upturned even tho he said the tip has to go down because he doesn't like nose upturned he does them straight but obviously not wit a tip that drops either which makes me not freak out as much!
I think I will have to have tape on after cast off too. But I am going to try and take a pic real quick before they put the tape on. Did you like what you saw? Or did you not even get to see it?
Really just a strip or all over?? Haha yea you should hell prob bring a mirror to you before he tapes it! I saw it in a glance when my mom brought a mirror but I told her to take it away I rather see it when the stitches are out cuz its all black inside still
I'm not sure if it will be all over or just a strip. I just read the other reviews of people that went to him and they had to get taped after for about 4 days or something. I'm not sure.
It won't look piggy! Mine looks that way too but my doctor warned me before hand that it would look really upturned and pinched while the cast and tape was on but the result will not look like that. It's just for the healing process. No worries! You'll be fine. You look fantastic already! Get the cast off tomorrow? Good luck! you're so lucky you get it off a day before me. I'm jealous. I really want this off now!
I really hope so but yours doesn't look too upturned it looks good but yea my doctor also warned me but idk it just gets to me maybe cuz u get used to a nose for so long and every Lil detail freaks u out!! Thanks it means a lot to have ppl reassuring you and yes I do get it off tomorrow its annoying and its okay just a Lil longer until you look amazing!!
I didn't have a good night sleep either. I was up till 5AM and then my son woke me up at 8:30. less than 24 hours and these casts will be gone forever!!!!!
It sucks doesn't it!! It seems like we won't be sleeping for a while and I know thank god hopefully everything comes out good!!