Thrilled with Restylane

I am 61 years old and had never had any procedures...

I am 61 years old and had never had any procedures done to my face. I decided to brave it and have my marionette lines and nasolabial folds filled in. I am very afraid of needles but decided to brave it.

The Dr. had me put a numbing cream on my face just before the procedure.It was a mild discomfort but nthing more than that.

It's now been a little over a month and I'm thrilled with the results. It's subtle but enough to make me feel much better about aging self! I'm curious about how long this will last because I definitely want to keep it up but it is a little expensive. My hope is that it will last at least 6 months.

I also want to mention that I think having a Dr. do the injections is very important. There are nurses that do it but I don't feel you'll get the most for your money unless you use a Dr.

I feel that with a Dr. inserting the needle as opposed to a nurse you'll have only mild discomfort and a better outcome of the distribution of the product.

i am pleased that your results were great. i would like to comment on your comment about using doctors instead of nurses. there are just as many fantastic nurse injectors and doctors. experience and knowledge of facial anatomy along with aesthetic sense or key components not just licensure.
Glad to hear you had a good experience and I'm thrilled you stated your age. It seems so many women are in their 30's & 40's but I see very few in their late 50's and early 60's. I have crossed over the 60 line and have a consultation with a plastic surgeon in a few weeks - nervous as all heck. Thanks for sharing your age.
I went last evening and am thrilled with the results. Botox, Radiesse and Rystylane. My doctor was wonderful, I'm 63.
did you pay that much for one vial of Resty??? If so...wow, I thought NJ was bad, we also have tax on top of price here which stinks but if U R happy I am glad 4 u!
Its absolutely great! i've just had my cheeks filled and they just look great! little bumps still after only 24 hours!.. but am taking face shots each day to see the difference. However i can say that it actually makes a huge difference. I was back for touch ups after 4 months and will keep it up every 4 months, as it seems to be a keeper with me. Love it!